gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 07:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  riding pics from dinas powys yesterday....................................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: riding pics from dinas powys yesterday....................................  (Read 1184 times)

welsh denny

this park has only been open a few months, its away from any council estates, is floodlit and its free. top stuff. hope you like the pics.

steve green with a turndown / look forward type transfer. looks weird.

steve gettin flat.

scott sutton tweaks an invert.

2 angles on pauls toboggans.

steve green floats a hip hanger.

ben busts out an x down footplant on the quarter.

one of the valleys boys tucks large over the mellow box as the damp air sets in.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
denny,  quality pics mate and quality riding,

who took the pics, :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

welsh denny

denny,  quality pics mate and quality riding,

who took the pics, :daumenhoch:

i took the pics. end up taking pics/ filming more than riding these days. still enjoy busting some tricks though.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Great pics mate, excuse my ignorance but are you a photographer by trade or is it just an interest mate?

Either way they're quality!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
cool pics
i like the taboggon pic with the cheesey guys in the background  :daumenhoch:

welsh denny

Great pics mate, excuse my ignorance but are you a photographer by trade or is it just an interest mate?

Either way they're quality!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

just picked up the photography as a hobby about 3 years ago. been filming bmx and skate for last 16 years or so (i grew up with matt pritchard , lee dainton -dirty sanchez-and a lot of welsh skaters, and for bikes i grew up with the reardons, mike cameron, and the rest of the welsh scene. many have moved on since but friends with a lot em still) so it seemed i already knew what the best angles were for filming etc. did a lot of filming for clicked 9 and 10 (ask steve b on here) and also wrote and supplied photo's to Ride for the welshside column which is now no more. despite allsorts of injuries i've stuck with riding since 1983/4. body aches but its like a drug sometimes, you gotta get your fix.

eg- check my knee.
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4983510

and i'm also remastering ALL my old footage bmx and skate. here's an ad i made in 2005 for a best of skate footage i filmed featuring the sanchez boys & rest of the welshscene and others over the years. gonna be a long slog ahead of me.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3478477

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
looks like there is a great scene going on over your way denny 
great pics and the park looks god to go.

cherrypicker

Wish that had been there years ago! I grew up 2 mins from there, off Cardiff Road. Those are great shots. How old are you, is there any chance we might have crossed paths bitd? Had friends in Dinas although those lads always had loads more money than us Cadoxton boys  :daumenhoch:

Simon

welsh denny

Wish that had been there years ago! I grew up 2 mins from there, off Cardiff Road. Those are great shots. How old are you, is there any chance we might have crossed paths bitd? Had friends in Dinas although those lads always had loads more money than us Cadoxton boys  :daumenhoch:

Simon

36 years of age now and been riding since 84 -with only stints off the bike for injury time. it's highly poss our paths may have crossed as the bmx scene has always been a small but tight community, even though thru the 'dead years' there were only about 6 riders in south wales riding regulary. myself (matt dyer- or as most know me- denny) , evo, justin, tomo, and ade from swansea. did you ever ride the knap ramps in barry (new park there now -super good.)  penarth road warehouse (about 1988/89 after the north rd warehouse had gone), howard gardens ramp, cardiff, ummmm. let me know roughly what years and where you rode, may help out .

JT71

you geezers rule. great pics, very inspiring for a big old fat noob trying to learn. keep it up.

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

cherrypicker

36 years of age now and been riding since 84 -with only stints off the bike for injury time. it's highly poss our paths may have crossed as the bmx scene has always been a small but tight community, even though thru the 'dead years' there were only about 6 riders in south wales riding regulary. myself (matt dyer- or as most know me- denny) , evo, justin, tomo, and ade from swansea. did you ever ride the knap ramps in barry (new park there now -super good.)  penarth road warehouse (about 1988/89 after the north rd warehouse had gone), howard gardens ramp, cardiff, ummmm. let me know roughly what years and where you rode, may help out .
[/quote]

I am also 36, name's Simon Richards. We may have shared time on the Knapp ramps, some of the best times ever. I rode with Lee (Wally) Watkins and Paul (Gutty) Taylor. They pretty much taught me everything I know. Never raced, it was all about freestyle for me. Gutty built a QP in his back yard, he was raddest fooker around back then. We went our separate ways after 86' and I got into motorbikes. Never sold my bmx tho, still love my TRM's.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  riding pics from dinas powys yesterday....................................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx