gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 06:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  profile cranks, this is not good
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: profile cranks, this is not good  (Read 1691 times)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
profile cranks, this is not good
« on: December 02, 2007, 06:07 PM »
mmm, take a look at this crank arm, now i know billy pounds everything on his bike :crazy2: :uglystupid2:

but was surprised how fast this tore apart, about two weeks ago we noticed a stress crack on the welding,

really thought it was my powder that split :-[  anyway on friday at corby he pulls an air out of the big quarter pipe

and on landing it ripped apart >:(  could have been a real bad injury from this but luckily he rode out of it ;)

spoke to profile and they said,  return it and they will send me a new one :daumenhoch:

i'll let you know how we get on

For powder coating drop me a pm

madall

Re: profile cranks, this is not good
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Dan I have seen this a few time with profiles, for me redline flite is the best crank for the money and the twin pinchers are even stronger

Lazarou

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 06:15 PM »
I've got one of those.....

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 06:19 PM »
 ???   did you send it back laz :)

Lazarou

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 06:22 PM »
No, they were really old! This is from an unstamped early 90s pair.

I still love Profiles though!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 06:24 PM »

i surprised they lasted as long as they have

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 06:27 PM »
best cranks ever and lifetime guarantee.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 06:30 PM »

i agree, i'm really hoping profile dont play me up on this one, heard today they can give every excuse as to

why it's not there fault

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 06:35 PM »
if its on the weld i can't see how they can, but i have heard they try and wriggle out of it

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 06:54 PM »

i agree, i'm really hoping profile dont play me up on this one, heard today they can give every excuse as to

why it's not there fault

I was thinking that when I first saw the pics, they'll probably use the excuse that you've powder coated them.......wouldn't surprise me!

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 06:57 PM »
They look rusty as fook inside???

Next time you spot a crack on Billiy's bike dan swap it out straight away eh  ;)

Glad it werent a nasty one for him, did you see Geths leg when his snapped? eeew!!!!!!

:) DINGO :)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 07:02 PM »
They look rusty as fook inside???

Next time you spot a crack on Billiy's bike dan swap it out straight away eh  ;)

Glad it werent a nasty one for him, did you see Geths leg when his snapped? eeew!!!!!!

:) DINGO :)

they were worse than rusty

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 07:27 PM »

why it's not there fault

I was thinking that when I first saw the pics, they'll probably use the excuse that you've powder coated them.......wouldn't surprise me!

Daz.

yep, already thought of that excuse so tomorrow i'm gonna strip the paint of so it's back to chrome, and yes i thought they where

rusty inside >:(

DML

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 08:15 PM »
That's not good but the main thing is he's ok

Since i've been back riding it seems the cranks are the most common part to break ? Trev has had it happen twice with fly cranks, i witnessed the second time at creation as he was about 3/4 of the way up the vert ramp which could have led to a nasty crash !

What do you guy's think or is just me ?

MeddlE

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 09:20 PM »
Nah, that's just those crappy fly cranks that Trev insisted on using, he didn't learn after the first one broke.

As for the Profiles, they are designed for racing so they are a bit thinner and a bit lighter.  Get something like a Primo Power/Hollowbite, We The People Royal or Oddy 41 Thermal (not Wombolts).

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Nah, that's just those crappy fly cranks that Trev insisted on using, he didn't learn after the first one broke.

As for the Profiles, they are designed for racing so they are a bit thinner and a bit lighter.  Get something like a Primo Power/Hollowbite, We The People Royal or Oddy 41 Thermal (not Wombolts).

gra, tbh mate i was told today that your wethepeople cranks are stronger than profiles and a hell of a lot cheaper ;)

Lazarou

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 09:35 PM »
Get some Johnny Chopper cranks from Oz.  :smitten:

Dingo's got some.

welsh denny

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 10:00 PM »
seen a fair few riders snap profiles over the years but then again after some of the abuse riders have given them many other cranks would have given up the ghost years before. rider i know called coady has been thru a few pairs (arms twisting) and fair do's they have sent him new ones, but like everything , if they can give an excuse not to honour the warranty for what they think is not their fault i'm sure they will. those new shadow conspiracy cranks are pretty crap- i've seen them snap clean off at the pedal boss on a young rider who isn't a harsh rider. another mate got some new odyssey cranks which were made wrong. the arm was 1 degree out so a mate had to take to his works and have em realigned. with everyone shaving weight off the bikes i think a little extra weight for strength / injury sacrifice is one worth taking.

MeddlE

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 10:01 PM »

gra, tbh mate i was told today that your wethepeople cranks are stronger than profiles and a hell of a lot cheaper ;)

Lucky I got them back then eh? ;) ;D

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 10:26 PM »
seen a fair few riders snap profiles over the years but then again after some of the abuse riders have given them many other cranks would have given up the ghost years before. rider i know called coady has been thru a few pairs (arms twisting) and fair do's they have sent him new ones, but like everything , if they can give an excuse not to honour the warranty for what they think is not their fault i'm sure they will. those new shadow conspiracy cranks are pretty crap- i've seen them snap clean off at the pedal boss on a young rider who isn't a harsh rider. another mate got some new odyssey cranks which were made wrong. the arm was 1 degree out so a mate had to take to his works and have em realigned. with everyone shaving weight off the bikes i think a little extra weight for strength / injury sacrifice is one worth taking.

denny, if you watched billy ride, and slam ;D you'd realise he needs the strongest out there :uglystupid2:

he seems to destroy everything on his bike no matter how strong :idiot2:

SaMAlex

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 10:31 PM »
Get the lad some profile SS cranks. They might weigh as much as the rest of his bike but I bet they will out last it all too!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

I have had the same set of profiles for many many years ... but then again, I used Prince Albert cranks for a few years without any problems so I guess I aint that hard on cranks. Havin said that I have snapped a set of 401s, and a 400 spindle.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 04:35 PM »
dan if thats the arm of ure condo dan said they was well used when he got em
they been used by him you and now billy

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 04:37 PM »

no mate this is from the original chrome set i bought billy in 2005 :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 05:04 PM »

no mate this is from the original chrome set i bought billy in 2005 :daumenhoch:

i am amazed anything on that bike from 05 has lastest, he is well rad so his stuff does get some abuse.

muttley

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Primo! F*ckin solid as  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  profile cranks, this is not good

gfxgfx
gfx gfx