gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 08:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Is there anybody on the site who had anything to do with Invert?? now with Pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is there anybody on the site who had anything to do with Invert?? now with Pics  (Read 761 times)

FIL EBZ

was looking through some old inverts the other day and came across a couple with the jams that were held in Sheffield around 1990-91 an just wondered if anyone had been there too and had some pictures or if anyone from Invert frequented the site with a view to seeing if there were any picture archives??

Fil
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:16 PM by FIL EBZ »

SaMAlex

Re: Is there anybody on the site who had anything to do with Invert??
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 07:39 PM »
Tim Ruck did quite a bit for invert, he is on here now and again.

I never made it up to a comp at Sheffield but I went to a few at Wakefield in the early 90s. Ive got some vid footage of one of them somewhere.

Lazarou

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Chris?

the_cyclops

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 09:53 PM »
I was at the Sheffield Jam.....it was mental! There was about 100BMXers all cruising around the place going from spot to spot in a massive group!

Ive got so many stories from that day  :daumenhoch:

FIL EBZ

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Ey up Si hows things good I hope??
Just sold some stuff to Ben White 1 of the old carve posse and it got my all nostalgic would love to do a get together of the old faces from the ers was a fantastic time gave memories i hope i never forget
Iv`e got some phots i`ll scan some this weekend. the problem is when you are the 1 taking the pictures you never get 1 of yourself...

Fil :rant:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 10:49 AM »
I was at that get together in Sheffield, rode with all the Sheffield lot for years but many had stopped riding by then. There's was a lot of new faces coming on the scene by 91ish.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

the_cyclops

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 08:11 PM »
Ey up Si hows things good I hope??
Just sold some stuff to Ben White 1 of the old carve posse and it got my all nostalgic would love to do a get together of the old faces from the ers was a fantastic time gave memories i hope i never forget
Iv`e got some phots i`ll scan some this weekend. the problem is when you are the 1 taking the pictures you never get 1 of yourself...

Fil :rant:

Yeah Fil,

Those were the days! nothing to worry about but riding!

That jam was a real turning point in BMX for me......I travelled to Sheff with the Manchester lot (Mad Jon, Chris Hamer, Steff Evans etc) and met a lot of guys who would become good friends for a long time (Stu Dawkins and Keith Duly to name but two!)

If you remember after riding a big bank to wall on some dodgy tower block place we went up to the BMX which was at the top of a quite large hill.......I totally mullered myself jumping the doubles and had to have my knees operated on  :-[

That weekend was one of the standouts for me along with many Southsea trips Steve Jacksons Leigh on Sea jam, Keith Easoms Shrewsbury jam and of course plenty of Hastings mayhem weekends!

Now thats what I reminisce about (nevermind NOS innertube air!)

FIL EBZ

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 09:38 PM »
Now you`ve mentioned the crash at the track I do have a vague memory of a bad slam!! Was this the Jam with the big seesion at the bus depot too, Didn`t need a skate park then LMAO :uglystupid2:

Gonna scan in some pics aswell

FIL

FIL EBZ

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 10:14 PM »
These pictures are from Invert Magasine when it was printef on prison bog roll so sorry for the quality. It`s the first jam Around October 1990
Enjoy
Just arrived at the top of a lot of hills at Chris Hardy`s and George French`s house

Inside the church which was home for the night and the next days riding session due to it pissing down Oh and thats me in the corner and yes all that white is my hair..

Chris hardy 1 handed tail whip font plant

evamedia

[Steve Jacksons Leigh on Sea jam

Anyone know what Steve's upto, sure last time I saw him he was a paparazzi photographer, I always used to call him Janet, he loved it, NOT.

FIL EBZ

Check out mid school for more pics

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Is there anybody on the site who had anything to do with Invert?? now with Pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx