gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Plans for next summer, advice please.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Plans for next summer, advice please.  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Plans for next summer, advice please.
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Below is a picture from Google earth of my house, as you can see we have a nice plot of land (about an acre in total) on the side of it and next year I plan to do something with it. My question is what would you guys do, it's either going to be a halfpipe or I was maybe thinking of a concrete bowl or am I mad. There's more than enough room, this picture is a bit dated and one or two of the trees have accidentally  ;) fallen over since this picture was taken, so we have the space. I'm sure a concrete bowl would be more expensive and there would also be drainage to consider but would it be a bit out of my league, an unrealistic idea? Too difficult to do? I'd still be very happy with a halfpipe obviously but I was just thinking out loud and wanted to get your thoughts please....let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

munners

Re: Plans for next summer, advice please.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:24 PM »
I would pull it down and build 2 houses on there mate. Then i would sell them and buy a new house. THEN i would go and buy myself a nice house with a big garden with no mortgage and then put all that i want in the garden!  ;)

Nice plot. Where is it?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 01:25 PM »
a pair of midi ramps with big platforms on the top   magic.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Half pipe n a big ass dirt jump from a roller on the side of the halfpipe :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I would pull it down and build 2 houses on there mate. Then i would sell them and buy a new house. THEN i would go and buy myself a nice house with a big garden with no mortgage and then put all that i want in the garden!  ;)

Nice plot. Where is it?

Half pipe n a big ass dirt jump from a roller on the side of the halfpipe :daumenhoch:

Deffo what they both said  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Nice plot. Where is it?

It's in Barnsley mate South Yorkshire.

I've mulled this over before building a house or two on it but it's a lot of hassle, I know there would be a pot of gold at the end of it but it's a big job. It is for someone who doesn't know much about building etc. That maybe be a long term plan I don't know but I would like to use the space to be able to help me ride more.

I'm sure most people are gonna say fook the riding and get some money made but I'll wait and see what else people have to say. As I said, it's only at the idea stage just yet so by the spring I might have totally changed my mind and taken the better advice of building on it..... ::)

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 02:38 PM »
in the meantime buy a green felt tip and colour your lawn in, next doors is much lusher, what will the aliens think lookin down on barnsley and seein that, have some pride man :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 03:42 PM »
in the meantime buy a green felt tip and colour your lawn in, next doors is much lusher, what will the aliens think lookin down on barnsley and seein that, have some pride man :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: Unfortunately this picture was just after we'd had it all cleared a few years back, it had just been seeded and when it did grow it was all striped up with the old sit down lawn mower with a green at the bottom and I had a Par 3 golf hole for practicing. Didn't last long though as it took FAR too much looking after so it's now just a big garden for the kids to get lost in. Someone has said to me that there is another picture on a different Google Earth type site that you can see it how it was with the golf hole on it but I've yet to see it.

What other sites are they like Google earth because I'd love to see it as it was then....?

Daz.

munners

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 03:48 PM »
It is hassle but it is well worth it. I moved out of my house for a year to do a big project. I hated it but once you are in you soon forget about the bad times. Go for it mate. You would be mad not too.  ;)

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 04:17 PM »
Dirt jumps for me all day long!

Soo much fun, alot less pain (well mostly), and if you decided to sell up easy peasy to get rid of.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 06:36 PM »

miniramp

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 07:05 PM »
go for a matt beringer style backyard!

you can have a dirt bowl, these are great fun, cheap and easy to clear, surrounded by woooden mini, hips etc, it shouldnt cost too much, but would need some thought  8)

http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=3418

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 08:55 PM »
Set your budget first, then see what you can truly afford.....

If it were me, on a limited budget, then I'd go for some sort of freeridey/trailie setup with a pro sized miniramp tucked away somewhere.   :)

Lazarou

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 09:02 PM »
Trails with a mini in the middle.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 09:17 PM »
...... but then you'd be forever sweeping the miniramp Laz.......

Lazarou

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 09:22 PM »
..oh yeah!...I'm a nob.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Sorry guys....miniramp is a no go.....there's several within a quick ride of where I am so there would be no point really. I want something I haven't got easy regular access to hence the halfpipe or bowl idea. Not big into dirt jumping either, used to do loads bitd but for some reason it doesn't appeal to me much now.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 09:31 PM »
build a pool, Tim Arnold has one in his back garden - i've seen it on a ride video in the Uk somewhere anyone know where?

if ya move fill it with water and it'll be a selling point :)

bof

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 09:48 PM »
Its dave arnold and its in wigan , pike dug the hole with his bare hands. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 10:23 PM »
With that in mind, sounds like you've already made your mind up   ;)

Vert ramp it is   :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 10:35 PM »
With that in mind, sounds like you've already made your mind up   ;)

Vert ramp it is   :daumenhoch:

Kind of Rob, vert ramp's the easy option but I just want to explore the fesability of a bowl, if it was possible. I'm sure it is possible but as you originally said it's down to budget.

You got any good vert ramp plans mate?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 10:45 PM »
Yeah mate, I can get you through it no worries   :daumenhoch:

There's no reason why you can't dig a dirt bowl, make it an interesting shape and throw some obstacles in and around it.  Would certainly be nice and unique. Just needs a couple of sensible drainage solutions.

Buy yourself a minidigger, then sell it at the end of the job. Would be quite cost effective compared to a vert ramp.  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Plans for next summer, advice please.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx