gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 06:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hutch help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hutch help  (Read 873 times)

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Hutch help
« on: November 30, 2007, 08:55 PM »
What size or type of sealed bearing unit do i need to fit my Hutch aerospeed's. I have some redline ones at the mo but they are too big. Can someone help or point me in the right direction. Ive got some cups from Vertigo but just need the sealed bearings to fit them, thanks :'(

jimmyp :)

SaMAlex

Re: Hutch help
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:00 PM »
The aerospeed bearings are tiny, it was said it was to keep the weight down. I think they are the same inner dia as most cranks (19ish mm) but the outer dia was only a few mm more than that. One of the bearings from my set was totally locked up. I gave it to a bearing supplier and he found a replacement but it was mega expencive so I didnt get one. Maybe well worth it to make a set of aerospeeds complete. A few years later I asked him for the bearing number but he forgot it, and had chucked out the cup and mashed bearing I had given him!!!!

As ususal ... I am no OS help at all. Sorry! If you have the OD and the ID of the bearing you should be able to get one, but they aint easy to find. Give me the size and I will have a go if you want.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 09:06 PM »
just fit a 19mm profile complete bottom bracket inc the bearings
and the aerospeeds will fit straight in.dont bother with the casings you got off b until you find the correct
aerospeed ones at a cost.

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:46 PM »
just fit a 19mm profile complete bottom bracket inc the bearings
and the aerospeeds will fit straight in.dont bother with the casings you got off b until you find the correct
aerospeed ones at a cost.

Where can i get these m8, thanks  ;)

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 10:54 PM »
The aerospeed bearings are tiny, it was said it was to keep the weight down. I think they are the same inner dia as most cranks (19ish mm) but the outer dia was only a few mm more than that. One of the bearings from my set was totally locked up. I gave it to a bearing supplier and he found a replacement but it was mega expencive so I didnt get one. Maybe well worth it to make a set of aerospeeds complete. A few years later I asked him for the bearing number but he forgot it, and had chucked out the cup and mashed bearing I had given him!!!!

As ususal ... I am no OS help at all. Sorry! If you have the OD and the ID of the bearing you should be able to get one, but they aint easy to find. Give me the size and I will have a go if you want.

30mm outside width, 27mm inside width, depth inside the cup is 7mm  :-\ ;) :)

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 11:53 AM »
what redlines ,proclass and now areo speeds  :wtf:  :2gunsfiring_v1:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

selfpreservation

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 11:11 PM »
the bearing shop in exeter (online google it ) should be able to sort you out

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hutch help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx