gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  feeling like a kid again!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: feeling like a kid again!!!  (Read 710 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
feeling like a kid again!!!
« on: November 26, 2007, 09:19 AM »
I had arranged to take my Lad and his mates to our local skate park yesterday, so as i've sold my new school frame and forks i took my OS street beat.  when we arrived we had the park to ourselves and the kids were ripping the park on their boards!

well as i had the beat in the car i thought i'd give her a run out..........so after having fun doing some endo's, rollbacks, kickturns and some 180's on the mini ramps, i thought i would have a go at a 360!

Now i've NEVER done one before and i was feeling good about my chances.........well after about 45 minutes of trying i got it nailed!!!  i was stoked! to say the least and felt like a big kid all over again!

also my Lads mates now think he has the coolest dad in the world!  :2funny:   they all had a go on the beat and thought she was great.  they couldn't believe it when i told them it was twice their age!  :LolLolLolLol:

at the end of the session i was made up!  i ache like a git now though but it was well worth it! can't wait to get my new NS frame built up and try it on that  :daumenhoch:

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: feeling like a kid again!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:56 AM »
top one pickle :daumenhoch:

priv

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Happy days   :daumenhoch:

Should give you a little insight into why I still ride a lot and spend a lot of my time hassling the people around me to try more stuff   ;)    You can't beat that feeling of achievment when you pull summat you're not sure you can   :)

It's a bit of an old chestnut now, but its true.   Progression is everything  :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:02 AM »
Yeah you're dead right Bob!!  i will have to set my targets on something else now!   :daumenhoch:   

It's a trick i've always thought looked cool and always wanted to do......it's now in the bag  :D

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Yeah you're dead right Bob!!  i will have to set my targets on something else now!   :daumenhoch:   

It's a trick i've always thought looked cool and always wanted to do......it's now in the bag  :D
A tail whip flair  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Well done Mr.Pickle, I know the feeling pulled my first 360 in over 20 years a few months back at rOm.
You will have that new school bike together before you know it.

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Dhillon

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 12:29 PM »
Nice one Pickle!!  :daumenhoch:

No doubt you'll be telling the grand children that story in years to come!!   ;D

Good on ya mate

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 12:38 PM »
yeah cheers guys!  as for the tailwhip flair? well i perfected that so long ago now that i've forgotten it all again  ;)  NOT!

Yeah i've got the video on my phone (also in the video section) and i am well chuffed!!  one of the kids said that the endo's i was pulling were well easy and that he could do em in his sleep.........he then had a go on my bike and couldn't even get the back wheel off the ground.....all the kids laughed at him and said he was a looser!   :2funny:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Pad yourself up mate and go for it.  Very few things are actually beyond your reach. It just depends how far you're prepared to push yourself, both mentally and physically....

There's no reason why your kickturns can't become tyretaps, and those 360 hops can't become 360 jumps.  Backhops become abubacas and endos become nosepicks  (sort of).  It's all out there for you   :)

JT71

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 03:39 PM »
I too saw the Vid. Nice one pickledbeetroot.

does that count you out of the RAd novice night at Creation now?  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

went out meself for an hour on Saturday, just a bit of riding around trying and failing 180 hops and manuals.

hoping to get to Creation this Sunday (2nd) if anyone else is going.
10am.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Pad yourself up mate and go for it.  Very few things are actually beyond your reach. It just depends how far you're prepared to push yourself, both mentally and physically....

There's no reason why your kickturns can't become tyretaps, and those 360 hops can't become 360 jumps.  Backhops become abubacas and endos become nosepicks  (sort of).  It's all out there for you   :)

funny you say that Bob as I want to push myself to do them while jumping  :daumenhoch:     Nurse!!!!   :D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Well, there's a world of difference between a 360 jump that resembles your bunny hop and a 360 jump thats all air, or over an obstacle...

To do what you did in that hop, but as a jump, all you need to do is pick summat steepish and hit it at your comfortable jumping speed whatever that may be.

A little snake into it and keep your front wheel up.  You should land back wheel first and then you can pivot the rest. Looking over your shoulder in the direction you want to go will help a lot   ;)

To make that jump into an all air affair is quite a different thing altogether.  Might be best to wait a while before we tackle that one   ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Yeah i'll go for the ramp one first!  don't want to run before i can crawl  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  feeling like a kid again!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx