gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 10:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  How I learnt to jump 15' doubles today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How I learnt to jump 15' doubles today  (Read 990 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
How I learnt to jump 15' doubles today
« on: November 25, 2007, 01:14 PM »
I have had a mental block with a set of doubles at my local track for ages, I have jumped them on my cruiser a couple of times but not regularly so today I was determined to have em on my 20" so I built this "north shore" style safety ramp

here are two runs I managed to get on video on my phone, first one is a tester and second was a lot better

I landed it dead on the 15' mark

I ran out of phone memory after this but am well chuffed with my progress today  :daumenhoch:

:) DINGO :)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: How I learnt to jump 15' doubles today
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:21 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  Dingo, sure looks like you got olympic aspirations mate. Digin the tech used to master doubles, video and measurments  :LolLolLolLol:
Still looking fast  :daumenhoch:

Paul :Great_Britain:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 03:09 PM »
i was behind bof (as usual) at the meet there and he just flew over them, they are big babys mind, there is a set at hartlepool very much the same but not as forgiving that i would love to jump, the platform is the best idea but theres nothin to use up here. good show though dude, i always jump better with a bit of competition i cant motivate myself when im on my own, reckon you would fly them with a bit of an audience as ive seen how fast you go down that straight :daumenhoch:

mightymini

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 05:16 PM »
yeh gotta agree with the donor, someone with ya givin a mental shuv has gotta be a good thing. if ya have a big fall at least theres someone there to help and most importantly they can do the vid for ya ;)
good effort i reckon ya can do em easy.

bof

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 05:18 PM »
Nice one Mark you have got some balls leaving your phone on the floor in bulwell,  :LolLolLolLol:
I seem to remember that they are quite a tricky set of whoops to jump, you have to pedal has hard as you can after the smaller set to clear them . :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 05:50 PM »
Thanks for the props guys
The video was from quite early in the session and I was clearing them easy at the end and my confidence has sored, I crashed on a similer set at the Sheffield indoor track a couple of years ago and screwed  myself up for 10 months as my arm was knackered. so although guys like Bof, Jai and flying Fox were skying them easily this was a BIG hurdle mentally for me  :idiot2:
I cannot try new stuff in front of a crowd so my early morning stealth missions are best for me but Mcnulty/Kirk or Blindstuntman are normally with me rather than solo missions

Bof, My phone was fine because:-

A, most of the locals know me and know if I caught them touching my stuff they would end up buried under the start hill and

B, it was too early for the "outdoor cider enthusiasts" to be out of their pits anyhoo  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 06:02 PM »
I gotta say Mark that it surprised me that you had trouble clearing them, but seeing the vid reminded me just how difficult them doubles are. So big props mate, well done.

Oh and if it was a physce out, it worked :shocked:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 06:05 PM »
I gotta say Mark that it surprised me that you had trouble clearing them, but seeing the vid reminded me just how difficult them doubles are. So big props mate, well done.

Oh and if it was a physce out, it worked :shocked:

Cheers Tone

the probelm with the "fill the gap" thing is you dont HAVE to go for it and on the vid I wasnt but afterwards I was  :2gunsfiring_v1:  I wanna get Andy up there next week with his camera for some better shots

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 05:56 PM »
i allways thought you cleared them on race days mate,i cleared them and nearly run over andy who was standing on top of the berm.

priv

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 06:35 PM »
i allways thought you cleared them on race days mate,i cleared them and nearly run over andy who was standing on top of the berm.

priv

Nope  :(

I can manual them smoothly at race speed and jumping them is no faster but I wanted to learn to jump them properly and then move on to bigger things

I just had this mental block with them as the run up and jump are scarily similar to the one I crashed on at the indoor

BUT I have them now  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:39 PM by Dingobmxer »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  How I learnt to jump 15' doubles today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx