gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Launch Ramps from edsrails.co.uk
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Launch Ramps from edsrails.co.uk  (Read 1855 times)

garethgeezer

Re: Launch Ramps from edsrails.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Remember, Safety first.

Exactly..... you should have spent your money on gloves/helmet/shin pads/elbow pads etc etc etc etc.
Go find a jump anywhere in the local woods and fall off without getting hurt (much), then try the same thing on concrete.

That ramp will be great for sun bathing when the weather gets warmer.

moley

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 05:29 PM »
I've got all my safety gear apart from a full-face helmet and some good gloves.

Then I'm ready the OS Summer series races.

And yes it would make a rather stylish novelty sun lounger!!!!

Broggie

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 07:50 PM »
Well I'm now mostly rubbish...I can finally get my back wheel off the ground by jamming the front brake on...but I have to leap upward toward the handlebars at the same time....cant get my ass back over the seat yet though....and no amount of persuasion will get the back end up to bunny hop...
I'm finding the 2006 sport with the tuffs and kneesavers is better for this than the 2006 sport standard I took to skaterham.

I need a LOT of practice as I know absolutely nothing lol.

You'll get there moley ...I might make myself a ramp next. I know what you mean about some of the jumps being scary...its odd, as you  leave your childhood behind things you just went and did without thinking back then...suddenly become worrisome  :-[

Ray.

moley

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 12:24 AM »
When your a child you think all of your life is ahead of you.........

When your middle aged you think.....Oh Sh't not long now!!!!!!

Preservation thats the key.   The older you become the wiser you are.  Not in everything just in in survival.

As you age, you think about what will happen when you mess up.   As a kid you dont think about that, you think your invincible, you think you can live forever.

I'm at the stage when my brain thinks it can still do stuff....but when it comes to it, it bottles out and surrenders.   Not a good situation to be in.   Confidence is key to anything in life.   Will I ever get it back....... I don't know, probably not.  But it doesn't mean I can't try and overcome it and give it a good kicking now and again.

The point to life is living.  Not just plodding along day after day in some dreary existance, but finding a spark that will ignite a passion or a desire to try new things.

If you can't look forward to life, whats the point in carrying on.   You might as well give up and retire.

garethgeezer

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 08:20 AM »
When your a child you think all of your life is ahead of you.........

When your middle aged you think.....Oh Sh't not long now!!!!!!

Preservation thats the key.   The older you become the wiser you are.  Not in everything just in in survival.

As you age, you think about what will happen when you mess up.   As a kid you dont think about that, you think your invincible, you think you can live forever.

I'm at the stage when my brain thinks it can still do stuff....but when it comes to it, it bottles out and surrenders.   Not a good situation to be in.   Confidence is key to anything in life.   Will I ever get it back....... I don't know, probably not.  But it doesn't mean I can't try and overcome it and give it a good kicking now and again.

The point to life is living.  Not just plodding along day after day in some dreary existance, but finding a spark that will ignite a passion or a desire to try new things.

If you can't look forward to life, whats the point in carrying on.   You might as well give up and retire.

Amen to that :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Launch Ramps from edsrails.co.uk

gfxgfx
gfx gfx