gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  At the moment, is it a Seller or Buyers market on ebay ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: At the moment, is it a Seller or Buyers market on ebay ?  (Read 889 times)

adeshere

At the moment, is it a Seller or Buyers market on ebay ?
« on: November 20, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Seems some things are not really selling on ebay at the moment.

Is this the wrong time of the year to sell stuff ?

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: At the moment, is it a Seller or Buyers market on ebay ?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 12:08 AM »
YEP   :LolLolLolLol:

iTS CHRISTMAS :4_17_5:

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 04:06 PM »
has the bubble finally burst on the oldschool bmx parts market ?  :-\

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 04:12 PM »
has the bubble finally burst on the oldschool bmx parts market ?  :-\

not just yet (I HOPE!!) ,it's just the Christmas slowdown...................I'm still Buying and Selling ! 
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 04:21 PM »
well there used to be around 20 pages listed as oldschool bmx on uk ebay and for the past few months its been around 6. for example there is a lavender skyway hotseat which has been listed with a b.i.n. for a few days.that would have sold within a few hours a year ago... :-\
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 04:29 PM by retrorider.u.k »

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 04:36 PM »
that says to me that peps are maybe buying and keeping the stuff they buy and maybe doing more builds , because in my view more and more people are becoming interested in the os bmx thing. if there was 20 odd pages on ebay then that would have been a buyers market, things would have been a touch cheaper with people selling the same things , but as time goes on these parts and frames , especially nos will become more scarce.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Peaks and troughs - as with every year. The only difference is prices are still rising year-on-year.

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Peaks and troughs - as with every year. The only difference is prices are still rising year-on-year.

prices are not much different from 3 years ago apart from mx1000 brakesets.this site may be growing by members but bike builders by the same percentage ?

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 09:51 PM »
i think. the main problem is people are holding onto more now, they are fed up off having to pay twice as much to get stuff back after they have sold it.( well i am anyway.lol). also i think a fair amount more is getting sold on forums like rad and less on ebay these days

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 11:04 PM »
kids = prezzies
Old school BMX = empty trouser pockets
christmas = divorce for tight arsed selfish dads.
ding dong

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 07:07 AM »

prices are not much different from 3 years ago apart from mx1000 brakesets.this site may be growing by members but bike builders by the same percentage ?

It's all supply and demand. Any of the NOS items that were in abundance 3 years ago are now rising in price year on year. Just think of all those anodised Hatta headsets, tioga Max-flo 1pc cranks and sealed BB's, Redline Forklifter stems, DC hinged seat clamps etc

munners

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 08:14 AM »
that says to me that peps are maybe buying and keeping the stuff they buy and maybe doing more builds , because in my view more and more people are becoming interested in the os bmx thing. if there was 20 odd pages on ebay then that would have been a buyers market, things would have been a touch cheaper with people selling the same things , but as time goes on these parts and frames , especially nos will become more scarce.

SPOT ON! ;)

Looks like there is a BMX recession!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220171724533&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 08:18 AM by Munners »

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 03:02 PM »
fook me ! thats 4 one rear caliper, and i dont think theres any centering mechanism with it. My prediction is that at the end of spring these ell hit £350 4 a set , and landing gear ell hit £500 and the mx  901 ell start rising because peps ell be after these more because of the price of 1000 s, and things like tyres and brake blocks

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 04:40 PM »
prices always drop at xmas and then go up after unless is something rare ,allways been doing that for as long as i have been collecting
no1stuntmaster on instagram

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  At the moment, is it a Seller or Buyers market on ebay ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx