gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Help save the Woodham Warriors track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help save the Woodham Warriors track  (Read 972 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Help save the Woodham Warriors track
« on: November 20, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Very recently it was discovered that the Woodham track is due to be levelled. There has been a very rushed campaign to save the track and to restore it to a useable track. An online petition has so far raised over 450 signatures including Andy Ruffell and Dales.
The open council meet didnt go in the tracks favour but the local papers are now interested and the upshoot is there will be a photo shoot at the track this Saturday. If anyone is local please try and be there for 11am. Hopefully if we can put on a good show then the local council will have to sit up and take note.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/save-woodham-warriors-bmx-track-lets-get-it-rebuilt
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Weeksy

Re: Help save the Woodham Warriors track
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Can those of you guys interested in getting your face in the local rag come back and let us know how many of you may be able to make it?

Don't want to expect 50, then be dissappointed  :'(

Cheers

Weeksy

hotplate

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:45 PM »
Cheers Tony for highlighting this track ! never raced there BITD but heard the name ! we used the other defunked track now in Rayleigh ?

Kevin.

Hotplate.

ZippyDixon

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 11:05 PM »
How did it go fella's,did many turn up,wanted to get there but needed some heating in my house   :knuppel2:
     Stu

QuadPaul

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Hi Stu, we had about 30 people there :4_17_5:

Also Ian Vince turned up which was quality!!

hotplate

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 11:06 PM »
Hi there , it seems that many different kinds of organisations are after this plot of land  ? I that you guys  where present at  the meet , as they mentioned the BMX club on BBC ESSEX !!  , and it seems   there is a real fusss going on with the guy from the in   line skater club   going mad , live in the studio !!!  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  Does it mean the track and the skaters can work together ?? If so BBC ESSEX are now working hard with the skaters to build  an arena ?? ( any room for the track ??  ) Anyway  I will send the petition link to BBC ESSEX. If I can help I will.

Keep it up.

Kevin (leigh on sea)

one team in Essex Southend.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 11:09 PM »
Nice one Kev :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Help save the Woodham Warriors track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx