gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 01:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  My OS BMX Racer (Oh no another Burner)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My OS BMX Racer (Oh no another Burner)  (Read 1545 times)

DanStwo

My OS BMX Racer (Oh no another Burner)
« on: November 19, 2007, 02:07 PM »
Hi guys...

Not sure if its in the right section, but I have just finished my OS BMX Racer for any Old School Races that happen up here in the North.

Considering I have bought some bits of guys on here I thought it is only fair to show you all.

Unfortunately its another burner   :D  ;)

Tange'd Frame Aero Pro (1984), it is more or less built to standard spec, with the exception of a few bits... oh and it needs a sticker set to finish it off... But to be honest I prefer it all chrome  :smitten:

All in all though its ready to rock and roll, Any thoughts, suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers for reading

Dan

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: My OS BMX Racer (Oh no another Burner)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 02:41 PM »
Looking good Dan. :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 02:57 PM »
Wicked another racing burner  :daumenhoch: there's only one thing i would change depending how serious you are about racing and that would be the bars.......it'll ride a lot nicer with some straighter bars like G.T. or something  ;) or you could just tell me to F**k ooof  :D

DanStwo

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 03:00 PM »
Cheers Zippy  :)

Spillers... I completley agree... I have a 90s mongoose with striaght bars and its a lot easier to ride... I am going to see what I can get hold of... eventually. Thanks for the comments though  8)

wildwood1971

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 03:34 PM »
cracking looking build - i agree with the bars comment - get yourself a set of S&M Slams - same dimensions as the GT pro bars and half the price available in chrome to. Got a set of Slam Lite's on my team rep and there the monkeys.  :daumenhoch:

Paul

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 04:52 PM »
I hope this is not the start of the Burnerworld plot to take over the world OS racing :shocked: far too many burners around these parts now >:D

seriously though the bike looks cool, and spillers is bang on about the bars, perhaps a long reach stem as well, especially if your over 5 foot tall :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 04:59 PM »
Lovely looking bike Dan :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:44 PM »
Yeah the s&m slam bars are a good shout  :daumenhoch: me bro has them on his skyway TA and they feel perfect.  :daumenhoch:

DanStwo

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 11:05 PM »
I hope this is not the start of the Burnerworld plot to take over the world OS racing :shocked: far too many burners around these parts now >:D

seriously though the bike looks cool, and spillers is bang on about the bars, perhaps a long reach stem as well, especially if your over 5 foot tall :daumenhoch:

haha  :LolLolLolLol: to right be scared of BW... lol Thanks for the kind words... To be honest I am 5ft 9inch and the bike is perfect as is... I did a few mile on it yesterday and was fine... normally on my mongoose I have a aching back after about 10 mins..

I am serious looking into the S&M bars.  :)

Lovely looking bike Dan :daumenhoch:

Thanks mate  :D

Yeah the s&m slam bars are a good shout  :daumenhoch: me bro has them on his skyway TA and they feel perfect.  :daumenhoch:

They are a lot of dollar though mate... any ideas of cheap suppliers or is ebay my best bet?

Cheers

Dan

wildwood1971

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 12:01 AM »
dan there worth the money mate and if you can get the slam xlt's a bit lighter and still with a full warranty - got mine from alans i think, Paid about £47 for them  :daumenhoch: Mind you if you can get a 2nd hand pair they might be a bit cheaper - seen them on here and on the bay for a bit less - make sure you dont get cut down ones - sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs mate  :daumenhoch:

Heres what they look like fitted

wildwood1971

DanStwo

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 08:59 AM »
Hi..

Yeah I have just seen them a second before you posetd them  :LolLolLolLol:

As yet I still need to buy a race lid... so will probably wait untill next year now for the bar change.

Cheers

Dan

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 04:30 PM »
very nice mate, had 1 of them bitd  :daumenhoch:

as for the bars, i use slam bars on my wilson

DanStwo

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 10:43 PM »
Looks like the slams are a hot favorite... cheers fellas will have to see what santa brings me  :angel:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  My OS BMX Racer (Oh no another Burner)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx