gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  LYTHAM GOLDCOAST RACE MEETING - A few pictures.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LYTHAM GOLDCOAST RACE MEETING - A few pictures.  (Read 1301 times)

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
LYTHAM GOLDCOAST RACE MEETING - A few pictures.
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:54 AM »
Would have liked to have made the CIN gig but when the racing was announced at Lytham for the 11th Nov... I had no choice...

Sadly it was a pretty poor turn out for the Old School...  :-[

Race 1 of the day... and its the Old School Fools (all FOUR of us) opening the days events.. :cool:

Into the first jump and its bunched up already...

We are split up now and Chris Beagley take the win and I roll in for 2nd...

This is MOTO 3... got off to a flyer and managed to get a bit of lead out of the second berm...

Heading down to turn 3 and Beard1973 is leading the way...  :shock:

Stone the crows.. He's done it!!!! 1st in MOTO 3... :cool:

Old School FINAL

On the hunt for No.1 spot but just couldn't get him... despite trying to take him low on the last two turns... (nearly bailed on the last one  :oops: )

Racing home for 2nd place... Very Happy...  :D

spillers#1

Re: LYTHAM GOLDCOAST RACE MEETING - A few pictures.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 08:09 AM »
Well done beard  :daumenhoch: if you beat chris in a moto you must be flying  :daumenhoch: this racing lark has got to you bad  :D you can't stop it now  :daumenhoch:

DanStwo

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Well done beard mate!

Looks like it was a good day. If I could have been there I would :(

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Well done beard  :daumenhoch: if you beat chris in a moto you must be flying  :daumenhoch: this racing lark has got to you bad  :D you can't stop it now  :daumenhoch:

It has dude... I am hooked.. really enjoying it... meeting some great guys and doing something I so wished I had done 20 years back..  8)

Chris was really quick...!! but I managed to hang on to his coat tails for two second places in the moto's and second in the final..

It took some great advice from 'Bof' to inspire me to a WIN in Moto 3... Cheers Bof...  :daumenhoch:

I'm not gonna embarrass Bof and tell you what happened in his 'A' Final...  :-X

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:48 PM »
ahh boffs A  final

thats right

madd dogg kicked his butt

russ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jezza

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 02:57 PM »
if anyone wants to know which one i am, im coming in last  :crazy2:

great day, i need tons more track practice  ::)

ill get ya next time gadget  :knuppel2:

bof

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:48 AM »
 :yahoo_silent:

Well done beard , there was some excellent racing at lytham and your win was as sweet as a nut. :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:04 AM »
Loving that track, it looks the dogs danglies.
Dave, your racing is improving all the time and it wont be long before your leading the way (up north at least >:D)shame there was so many burners in that race though :angel:

Dont forget Dagenham on the 25th of November :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 10:30 AM »
Loving that track, it looks the dogs danglies.
Dave, your racing is improving all the time and it wont be long before your leading the way (up north at least >:D)shame there was so many burners in that race though :angel:

Dont forget Dagenham on the 25th of November :daumenhoch:

Its a really nice track and those with more race experience tell me that its very much an Old School style track... which could explain why I did reasonably well..

Thanks for the Compliments 'Bof & Ratty'... I am feeling that each time I race that I'm getting a bit better and a bit faster... and thoroughly enjoying it.

Would love to come down on the 25th to Daggers mate... but it may well see me divorced if I keep all this travelling about with a BMX in the car...  ;D

Must admit.. I was thrilled on Sunday when racing through to take the 1st place in Moto 3 as the commentator remarked.. "..and its David Hall coming through on the Burner".... 8)

Out of the 4 bikes racing Old School... I think we had 2 Burners and 2 GT's...

Ivesy

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Well done on Sunday guys, you showed us some great racing. Just wish we had more old skoolers on the gate.

I hope you enjoyed the day, I think the day went well for our 1st event.

Don't forget, if you want an old skool race let me know and we can get it sorted. Maybe mid Dec?

Cheers
Dave

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Well done on Sunday guys, you showed us some great racing. Just wish we had more old skoolers on the gate.

Don't forget, if you want an old skool race let me know and we can get it sorted. Maybe mid Dec?

Cheers
Dave

Was a superb first event... well done to all who organised it..  :daumenhoch:

The trophy for the Old School 1st place was cool...  8) finishing second was great but no prize...  :'( just the memory..  :P

Will deffo be up for more Lytham Racing...

DanStwo

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 11:49 AM »

Cheers
Dave

I couldnt make the Old School race... due to personal circumstances and it being rememberance Sunday... Mid December would be great for another race. and I will be there :D

Cotty

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 02:35 PM »

Cheers
Dave

Dave,

if you put a mid december race on I'll be up for it as i will be back home on leave. (not back until the 13th though)

cheers
Cotty

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Well done lads, that track looks nice and oldschool :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

jazzyje

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 08:11 PM »
is that simon barber doing the commentary?he used to commentate on the alan's o/s races years back when o/s was in its infancy.top guy who makes every race sound like a grands final.doing it for the grass roots of the sport just like our very own TK THE MIC.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 09:22 PM »

Yes well done lads  :daumenhoch: I was down Sunday, some good racing there. I'm gonna have to get myself an old school rider.     

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 11:26 PM »
is that simon barber doing the commentary?he used to commentate on the alan's o/s races years back when o/s was in its infancy.top guy who makes every race sound like a grands final.doing it for the grass roots of the sport just like our very own TK THE MIC.

Yes it is Simon Barber... and he really is the most enthusiatic guy I have ever met... as you say, every moto is commentated on like its the World Finals.. really makes the atmosphere of the day!!!

Top Bloke...  :daumenhoch:

jezza

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Yes it is Simon Barber... and he really is the most enthusiatic guy I have ever met... as you say, every moto is commentated on like its the World Finals.. really makes the atmosphere of the day!!!

Top Bloke...  :daumenhoch:

Deffo although when he said was i on an old or a new team pro i cudda chinned him  :LolLolLolLol:

how very dare he, at least i was on a true old skoo burner  :crazy2:

well off to preston saturday for sure gotta get back in the game  :knuppel2:

Chris-B

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 03:33 PM »
What a good day, after doing the old skool event at lytham has made me wanna get back on the bike and get fitter so i can try to win a few more races ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  LYTHAM GOLDCOAST RACE MEETING - A few pictures.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx