gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Robinson Pro Bars & Hutch Stem Restoration Questions...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Robinson Pro Bars & Hutch Stem Restoration Questions...  (Read 605 times)

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Robinson Pro Bars & Hutch Stem Restoration Questions...
« on: November 10, 2007, 01:09 PM »
Well,the old dear rang me in the week   :tickedoff: and said if i didnt collect the bin bags that had been in the garden shed since 1985,of all my old BMX race bits - they were going to the scrap man unless i collected them today... She's moving to a bungalow Tues..so i guess after 22 years of promising to get rid of them,i thought i'd better get around to it!  :2funny:

Anyway,looking at whats scrap and what i can save,gonna start with these two bits,from my 84 race bike..

How hard is it to source some decals for the bars like this?

Then a strip paint or re-chrome to hopefully bring them back to this kinda standard....
(hope someone doesnt mind me quoting this pic below,this is the only pic i could find on RAD of what they used to look like)

As for the Hutch Stem,is it worth saving,the shaft is rusty and the alloy is dull,but no cracks dents or major dings...

Being a restor n00b,sorry for the silly questions..is the work/cost involved worth me doing or would i be better off selling for someone else to undertake..

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Robinson Pro Bars & Hutch Stem Restoration Questions...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 01:30 PM »
All worth saving, get the bars rechromed, they should dip and strip them should cost about £30.  The stem just needs elbow grease, wire wool on the shaft, peek or autosol on the alloy and that will be well bling.

Jammy fecker, my step dad threw most of my old stuff out  :tickedoff:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

motomagII

Re: Robinson Pro Bars & Hutch Stem Restoration Questions...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 03:30 PM »
you have pm

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Robinson Pro Bars & Hutch Stem Restoration Questions...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx