gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1st build now finished!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1st build now finished!  (Read 1153 times)

ollieovcity

1st build now finished!
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Well since my first post a couple of months ago I've been buying the parts for my first bmx since I was about 14! I decided to go for a Ruffell Streetbeat because I always wanted one BITD but they were abit out of my price range then. Now I've bought all the parts and put it all together I've got to say I'm chuffed to bits with it because it's gorgeous - I am going to ride it but for the moment I'm just enjoying looking at it. Overall i'm very pleased with how it's turned out - apart from a little defect in the powder that was there when it came from the USA. I wasn't sure about the seatpost at first but now it's fitted I like the look of it. Just deciding what colour decal set to put on it - I'm thinking silver would look good? then it will be finished, my wife thinks I'm flogging it as soon as it's finished, but I don't think I'll be able to part with it now I've got it. Any comments welcome just be gentle becuase it is my first attempt. In the end I like to think of it as a Ruffell inspired bike becuase I didn't want to spend a fortune on it and then be scared to ride it. Here's a couple pics.

Stella Dave

Re: 1st build now finished!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Looks not bad for first build and usin the cheaper bits. I know wot you mean, I'm gonna ride mine but will be scared the stem or grips get touched!  ;D
Wheres decals?!?

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:18 PM »
Good first build there  ;)

Whip the plastic thingys off the axles though  ;)

ollieovcity

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:29 PM »

Whip the plastic thingys off the axles though  ;)

Ha Ha yes I just realised I'd forgotten to take em off!

bmx xxx

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:42 PM »
nice first build fella,  :smitten:
THE BUG HAS STARTED :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 05:45 PM »
You're right there, the missus thought you were selling it, give it a year and the garage and loft will be full of frames, parts and god knows what  :2funny:  ;)

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 06:44 PM »
oh dear, another one bites the dust, your probably thinking I'll only just build the one :D

Well we all said that fella ??? mind you really nice 1st one ;)

Paulo

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:59 PM »

Looks really nice. Well done. Like the white tyres with the orange.

So what's your next build? There's never just one build...there's always another...and another....and another.... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 09:54 PM »
yip....coolio looking little build mate.

Dave
haro, how do you do

wildwood1971

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Great 1st build - and i can totally vouch this will not end here - this games more addictive than nose candy.

I started at the beginning of the year with a 25th Anniversary Team Aero Pro Burner - in under an hour of assembling it i was all ready on the upgrade path ordering bits of the net - 2 other builds later and 3 waiting for me to get to this hobbies a wallet killer and only gets more .

Nice build tho mate - bet ya don't sell it until you've completed your 2nd build

Paul

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 08:58 AM »
nice first build there mate!  i built up a beat too for my first one and still have it.......it's only got cheap bits on but i love it and would never part with it..........get out and ride it, you'll love it even more then!!   just prepare yourself for black tyres as soon as you roll those a few feet  :daumenhoch:

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 09:01 AM »
yeap that looks rather nice

now go it dirty  >:D
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

zed4130

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 09:15 AM »
looks great mate, i love orange  :smitten:   :4_17_5: get it out  and ride  :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 01:20 PM »
very nice mate  :daumenhoch:

ollieovcity

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Thanks for all the comments, I think my next build will be Master because that was another bike I always loved when i was younger. Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a set of decals for my Streetbeat - I'm thinking silver is the way to go and will need to get a custom job done.

Cheers Ollie.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 04:02 PM »
Hi mate. PM Del, he is the master at Decals or also Vert-Ego.com has high quality stuff also  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 04:04 PM »
as he says regards Del.........i'm not saying a thing regards Vert-ego  :-X

Don't do the Master!  ride the Beat then realise that you need to buy a nice New School bike to actually do anything and spend your hard earned cash on a good newie!   you will in the end!   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1st build now finished!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx