gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  DODGY QUARTERPIPE PHOTO'S
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DODGY QUARTERPIPE PHOTO'S  (Read 1713 times)

bof

DODGY QUARTERPIPE PHOTO'S
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:27 PM »
I was looking at some photos and it reminded me at what a pile of sh1te ramps we used to ride , just have a look at these pictures  :daumenhoch:

Trev

Re: DODGY QUARTERPIPE PHOTO'S
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:23 AM »
wicked pics...  :daumenhoch:

imagine how scary it would be riding something like that now.  nice air too.

Ramp Rat

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:05 AM »
Yeah - wicked airs man...that last pic is brilliant, with the old Corntina and the old pikey fun-fair in the back ground.   :Great_Britain:

Yeah some of those quater pipes wear like riding a 50 pence piece.

Remember building big wooden talbe tops down at Sutton market, made from all the un-used market stalls. You'ld take off the lip and in mid-air the ramp would colapse underneath you and you'ld land on a pile of crates and plywood....what a laugh.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Fooking mint Bof, loving them pics mate!

If it looked like it could be used to make part of a quarterpipe it got picked up a nailed together with the rest of the sh*t! Kids these days with their fancy skateparks don't know they're born. - no imagination!

Am I sounding old......???

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:04 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 11:08 AM »
ace pics mate
threads like this remind me why i am here!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:18 PM »

Here's ours we had BITD, we had a couple of acros behind it to stop it moving but they didn't do a very good job.

bof

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 03:31 PM »

Here's ours we had BITD, we had a couple of acros behind it to stop it moving but they didn't do a very good job.

Is this the same quartepipe as the one you are riding between the houses ( Blackpool) it looks strangely familiar to me

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 05:11 PM »

Yes it's the same one. We took it down to our school for some reason. I was there that day and remember you coming down and riding it, I have seen you posting on here and wondered if it was you because I remember the name.  I think you knew one of my mates that's why you were down that day.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 06:38 PM »
cool pics  :daumenhoch: ghetto style ramps - theres still a few around like that, always hard to ride

trill is building a quarter pipe, it'll prob look like that   ;D

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 07:03 PM »
great pics bof,we had a one we carried about 2 miles to put on a show at school, :wtf: just propped it up against the school building and rode,i think nosnod was riding it aswell.

priv

welsh denny

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 08:18 PM »
some great pics there, fair bit of air too. yep, kids are spoilt rotten these days, if a ramp ain't perfect then that's it. they won't ride it no more. i think part of the fun back then was seeing what you could build with what wood you could get together. and i can assure you i've seen some ramps  built over the past 24 years. good. bad, but always fun.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Great pics, thanks for posting :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

bof

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 10:48 PM »

Yes it's the same one. We took it down to our school for some reason. I was there that day and remember you coming down and riding it, I have seen you posting on here and wondered if it was you because I remember the name.  I think you knew one of my mates that's why you were down that day.

Iwas mates with most of the blackpool racers ( Trev stamford, Andy Perrin, Kim carbut , stephen croasdale , gaz morgan , speedy reidy )so thats why I rode at the comp it was run by the blackpool and fylde club. I was always more into racing than freestyle but as now I just love riding my BMX :daumenhoch:

ralphtribe

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 03:56 PM »
I think I remember riding that one like a 50 pence piece in the picture at the top - you did too Damon - it's the one we rode at a Shoreham race meet that someone wheeled up on a trailer - pretty sure of it as it's the hills of the South Downs nr Brighton in the background- it was like riding into a wall but you got used to it!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 04:53 PM »

Iwas mates with most of the blackpool racers ( Trev stamford, Andy Perrin, Kim carbut , stephen croasdale , gaz morgan , speedy reidy )so thats why I rode at the comp it was run by the blackpool and fylde club. I was always more into racing than freestyle but as now I just love riding my BMX :daumenhoch:

I remember you was pretty good that day  :daumenhoch:  Brings back some great memories that picture. That was the youth club that the ramp was against, someone burnt it down in break time at school a little while after. ::)

I'm just getting back into it now as my 5 yr old daughter started riding so I've bought myself a new Floval. Just been down to Lytham track this afternoon for a bit of a blast. Reidy was down there working on the track gettting it ready for next weeks regional. I'm quite looking forward to it as my daughter wants to have a race  :daumenhoch:

bof

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 06:35 PM »
I will see you there then :daumenhoch:

Obbie

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 10:03 PM »
I know its been on before  ::) its one of the only pics I have from bitd. That was a really tight quarter pipe and it was the first time I had ever ridden it. Kirby demo with TJ and Andy Ruffell 1984

Lol , that was the ramp i learn't to air , pop out ,dropin and fakie on , was boss and we took that one to my old primary school to do a demo , was a good little ramp , rip ....

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 10:08 PM »
cool pics :daumenhoch:

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 05:05 PM »
love the pics mate, I've posted this before, but this topic seems kinda perfect for my bitd shot!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 12:16 AM »
sitting on the train, your nearly there, your part of the production line!

Spot the lyric....."Smithers Jones".......one of my all time fav Jam tracks!

Off topic - sorry!

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Ramp Rat

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 05:59 PM »
Daz - spotted that one too - Faze 3 had excellent taste...I copied him with my tag line.....

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 10:57 PM »
Damon - never spotted that until you've said mate - nice one!

As we've said in PM's mate - The Jam ruled!

Where's my tag line from then? It's a film not a song, and a great film at that!

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 02:39 PM »
Heh we've really gone of the topic now, mind you wether its old school q pipe pics or a mini Jam revival I'm cool with either ;)

Have to say the footy scene from Kes is an all time fav of mine :) didn't every year have a kid no one wanted on there team.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  DODGY QUARTERPIPE PHOTO'S

gfxgfx
gfx gfx