gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 07:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Duty / Tax and all that USA rubbish
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Duty / Tax and all that USA rubbish  (Read 459 times)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Duty / Tax and all that USA rubbish
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:41 PM »
Our parcel force bloke came in to work today to pick some stuff up, he is there everyday so we know him quite well. NYSoul and me fired some questions at him about why everyone is all of a sudden getting stung.

He said they are clamping down, the old "Gift" thing don't work anymore so don't even bother. He said they are not really interested in the codes either so if you got codes for tax free stuff don't bother with that either.  :police:  :Aresehole:

They are looking for the value, he said its hard for stuff to go missing from the states due to the ammount of procedures they have in place that track it at every stage.

Said our best bet was to get the yanks to lie about the value of the item on the ticket and risk it.  :daumenhoch:

He thinks we will get stung more often than not now  >:(

After listening to what he said, my advice would be (if you can get the sender to do it)

Mark the item down as low as you think you can get away with.
Get a track number, follow it and just take the risk.

and if you are sending stuff the other way, i find writing stuff like "Caution contains photos of young Brazilian boys please do not bend" gives me that little feeling of getting your own back  :2funny:

login_user

Re: Duty / Tax and all that USA rubbish
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Nice bit of info that  :daumenhoch:

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 08:20 PM »
yep,i tried that a while back with some MUPPET  from the states,he says  I KNOW WOT IM DOING ,so guess who got stung for the lot when it got here,yep me,needless to say i aint ordering from him again  :knuppel2:  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :Aresehole:

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 01:33 AM »
   and on top of that.  the US post service has put up their rates. They are  really expensive now.   
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

antiquebmx

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 07:28 AM »
yep low value thing works, but youve got to go well below $100 now, even then they can just add the shipping postage cost to the value of the item, really sucks man,

Europe is a good option they sometimes sell on US ebay and you dont get any charges,

:daumenhoch:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 07:43 AM »
Parcelforce have lost 2 NOS Uni Hammerheads i won from the U.S. of A -  :Aresehole:S
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

MeddlE

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 02:31 PM »
My last two parcels from the USA have both escaped duty, one was $280 (about a month ago) and the other $490 (last week).  Both marked as gift and also marked as "2nd Hand Childrens Bike Parts" (thanks Mr Stupple).

Go figure.

ukrider

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 03:12 PM »
I use to import my wakeboards from the states and i just got them to put $100.00 on them, roughly works out about £15.00 import tax, but that was still cheaper than paying over here for them,   :2gunsfiring_v1:

darkslider

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 04:39 PM »
Been pondering on this and remembered an acquaintance into classic cars ships containers from the States. I think he ships from 2 different places, usually cars and car parts. I'll look into it if anyones interested. Could save us some dough but not sure how to get stuff from him but he's near me in Banks near Southport. I'm in Southport Merseyside so I'll look into it! Ian

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Duty / Tax and all that USA rubbish

gfxgfx
gfx gfx