gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  **ALERT** DJ POO SCAM EBAY **ALERT**
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: **ALERT** DJ POO SCAM EBAY **ALERT**  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
**ALERT** DJ POO SCAM EBAY **ALERT**
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:22 PM »
Guys, i bid on these brakes they finished at over 160 quid..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27949&item=110187149833

then i get a second chance offer....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110190277300

and an email-
Message from seller: If you are interested in my offer please reply me at my work email address: cametasell[at]gamebox.net I have a DIA COMPE MX 1000 BMX BRAKES BLUE FRONT AND REAR Item number: 110187149833 for sale. The product is 100GBP fixed price including all shipping fees. If you are interested in my offer please reply me at my work email address: cametasell[at]gamebox.net IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: CONTACT THE SELLER BEFORE SENDING THE PAYMENT AT: CAMETASELL[AT]GAMEBOX.NET

The seller is a scammer, i am sure of it....If anyone here bid their stuff,PLEASE BEWARE.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 12:27 PM by Relivethepast »

dj_benice

Re: **ALERT** DJ POO SCAM EBAY **ALERT**
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 12:30 PM »
seems odd, the link you posted has a BIN of £50  :wtf:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:33 PM »
FASTFORD1234  :wtf:

HE WON THE HUTCH PEDALS.....WHAT THE FECK IS THE DEAL HERE, FAST FORD IS A SCAMMER...?
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Read again...link posted to original auction.... i have a feeling the sellers account has been HIJACKED >:( as i just got second chance offers on the hutchs and redlines too... :wtf:

Lazarou

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 12:35 PM »
I've had a few second chance offers that have turned out to be scams but the scammer was never the original seller.

This DJPOO guy seems above board to me and seems to have just been caught up with a couple of scammers.

dj_benice

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Now the link don't work hmmmmm, seems legit to me the guy has been stitched up by fastford so is offering a 2nd chance ???

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 12:36 PM »
...ebay just pulled the buy nows..... musta sussed the scammer....bets fastford1234 gets banned soon too..

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 12:38 PM »
*********look at fast ford's FEEDBACK***********

he's been hi-jack'ED !!

the whole thing is a SCAM !!!
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 12:43 PM »
PLEASE READ THIS !!

iF YOU GET A 2ND CHANCE OFF, DELETE IT STRAIGHT AWAY AND REPORT TO EBAY !!

I WAS SELLING SOME ARAYA 7C'S RECENTLY & GOT A STRANGE QUESTION FROM A 'ZERO' RATED EBAYER, I IGNORED IT, BUT AT THE SAME TIME I SAW THE SAME ODD QUESTION ON A PUBLIC REPLY ON SOME HUTCH GRIPS I WAS BIDDING ON, THEN ALL BIDS ON THE GRIPS WERE CANCELLED INC. MINE,

I CONTACTED THE SELLER OF THE GRIPS, WHO SAID HIS ACCOUNT HAD JUST BEEN HI-JACKED AFTER HE ANSWERED THE ZERO FEEDBACK EBAYER'S QUESTION,......

HOW IS IT DONE ???

THERE'S ALSO A FEW PHISHING EMAILS ABOUT, WHICH APPEAR TO COME FROM PAYPAL, BUT ARE SCAMS, SAYING 'YOU HAVE JUST BOUGHT xxxxx' AND ASKS YOU TO LOGON TO THEIR WEBSITE IF YOU DID NOT PURCHASE THE ITEM....TOTAL SCAM TO GET YOU PASSWORDS....BEWARE !

ps sorry for the CAPS !!  :LolLolLolLol:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

dj_benice

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 01:02 PM »
Quite easily really matt the ebayers question is a spoof mail that links you off to a nice lil phishers version of ebay where you login and respond and hey presto they have your login details...

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Had email from ebay to warn me not to complete purchase or make payment as "sellers account had been compromised & we are in the process of restoring it to its owner"

Seller said that he had ended Flights auction early as he saw that idiot fastford1234 had been wrecking his auctions for the 2 sets of brakes and hutchs...

So great, i get to miss out on some nice Flights cause of some dumb scamming idiot.  :'(

Ah well at least they caught fastford1234 in time.

rrafekaj

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Thanks for the sleuthing guys
 :daumenhoch:

I had just won an seat post clamp auction  from DJ POO this afternoon - I shall proceed with caution on payment...

What weirdness!

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 05:34 PM »
I had one of these lately. Missed out on some blue oakley b2's in the states then an email turns up offering me the grips at my last bid cost on the ebay second chance email. Funny thing is, the guy now lives in Amsterdam... :knuppel2: so i forward the email to spoof@ebay .com and they qualify the thing as a scam. Apparently you should only view ebay e mails through the myebay page, if it aint in there its a wrongun for sure

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 09:15 PM »
i've just looked in on ebay and i've got a second chance offer on the blue brakes for £100.
i never do take up the second chance thing  ???.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Quite easily really matt the ebayers question is a spoof mail that links you off to a nice lil phishers version of ebay where you login and respond and hey presto they have your login details...
there's no pulling the wool over your eye's Pete !

must be why ya shaved it all off !  :LolLolLolLol:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

retrorb

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 09:48 PM »
I bought a pair of Z-RIms off DJ Poo last year. Top bloke - picked them up in person from his house in London. Had the GT there built up and at the time his was considering selling it. No probs with him at all - as you said his account has been compromised.

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 01:24 AM »
as most of you mentioned DJPOO is a top guy, mailed him today when i got second chance offers and wasnt from his address, he's confirmed the account was hijacked.

if anyones worried, please feel free to pm me though here, and i'll pass on his correct contact details,

just means everyones gotta wait another week before we know if we've won anything  :LolLolLolLol:

brettnai

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 06:42 AM »
not always the sellers fault I had a similar thing trying to buy a computer on ebay. The seller was genuine but the second chance offers were all hooky-as-fook, they slightly change the user ID and create a new seller account then email you second chance offers.

You can normally spot em a mile off, the email will be spelt badly and will normally ask for payment via Western Union... I'm sure you guys know all this.

Its sucks though!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  **ALERT** DJ POO SCAM EBAY **ALERT**

gfxgfx
gfx gfx