gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 02:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS/VIDZ ADDED
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS/VIDZ ADDED  (Read 5225 times)

kennyhunter6061

Just back from Clydebank, the first round of the Scottish Winter OS Series.  I think a lot were put off by the dull weather which, thankfully came to nothing.  Ideal race conditions, dry, no wind and not too hot.  Four riders for our first race, myself, Stevo, paulo & David Wright.  I was on my 'Goose, Stevo was on his blinging Skyway T/A, paulo was on his Californian and David was on his Redline PL24.  We're allowing cruisers in this series to help boost numbers.  This rule might change if David keeps winning  ;D

Some really close racing took place with races won or lost by only inches, and I'm not exaggerating!  Pics will follow soon but in the meantime here is the Series Results per round, and current Points Table :

Round 1
1. David Wright              
2. kennyhunter6061         
3. paulo                         
4. Stevo                       

Round 2
1. kennyhunter6061
2. Stevo
3. paulo

Round 3
1. Stevo
2. kennyhunter6061
3. paulo

POINTS TABLE
1. kennyhunter6061     144
2. Stevo                    138
3. paulo                     132
4. David Wright           50

Thanks to everyone who has come along.  Hope to see more faces at the next rounds.  See you there  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 05:43 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

dialledbikes

Re: Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:10 PM »
Nice to see your series finally get under way.

Hopefully numbers will pick up as they have this side of the border.

Are you running it best so many races count?  If not, it looks like that frame has one of those 4 names on it already  ;)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Well done for getting this rolling Kenny, its only 12 months ago we started our one in the South with 5 riders. Today, same track, same time of year we had 12 riders, so you can expect it to go from strength to strength :daumenhoch:

I have made this a sticky, as I hope you will be getting 20+ riders by the end of the series :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Mike, the series will be decided by the top 5 finishes out of the 6 rounds.  The 9th December round has double points which could make things interesting  ;) More riders have promised to come along but, as always, it's trying to fit the racing into our sensible work/family lives which means some can only make it on certain dates. 
I'm sure numbers will pick up though as the wheels are now, quite literally, in motion  :daumenhoch:

I based the points on the system used in the South.  I was toying with the idea of a pyramid system whereby the more riders who turn up, the more points you can win.   The benefit of this system is that riders get a greater reward for winning a race which has more riders in it.  The downside is that it doesn't reward those riders who support the series and turn up all the time when turnout is small.  Good points and bad points with both systems but I'm happy to go with whatever system the riders want.  Paulo, Stevo, David, your views please?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 08:04 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

D Wright

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 12:46 AM »
Minor clarification on the results. Last time I checked, David Weir was a wheelchair marathon racer - sorry. I'm David Wright, (some Old Skoolers might remember me from our shop which toured the Scottish BMX scene in the mid 1980s - Ben Pushers BMX, or for my Superclass attempts between about 1987 - 1992).

Hope to see more Old Skoolers at future races.

David

D Wright

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 01:01 AM »
By the way, I should have said a big thanks to both Kennys for organising the event.

See you soon.

David

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 12:06 PM »
Sorry David!  Mind you, that wheelchair was fairly zipping round the track yesterday  ;D

kevin rettie

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 02:45 PM »

Gutted I missed yesterday, family duties...next weeks not looking too good either.  :'(

Hoping to make up some ground in double points december!

Stevo

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 08:35 PM »
Guys, it was good to meet you all on Sunday. Props to everyone for organising the event and turning up on the day, especially the 2 Kennys.

Hopefully I will get up the table a bit as Dave (winner on the day) won't be able to make it next Sunday.  ;)

I was surprised some of you remembered Blairgowrie's track (Dave Wright raced there). Hope our OS event will grow like my old club was BITD. I am not in this pic but my brother is.

Dave – I will post that newsletter back to you asap.

See you next Sunday.  :daumenhoch:

Paulo

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 08:49 PM »

Definately a fab day.

Stick with you're first instincts on the points Kenny. Best 5 makes sense. It's a shame no one took my advice to take it easy on their riders on Sunday. There was some right battles.

Stella Dave

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 04:22 PM »
sorry never made last one, was bit rough from BSD do!
Me an cyborgTR808 are intending poppin up to spectate on Sunday.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Cool. I was a bit gutted that I missed the jam and the drinks later.  Why don't you get those Burner tyres dirty are race?  >:D

Paulo

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 10:50 PM »

Looking forward to Sunday. Same time Kenny? Midday registration,  3pm race start after long chats? ;D

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Yep, that sounds about right!  8)  Kenny and I will be there from around 11am anyway.  Weather doesn't look quite as good this weekend so maybe have to cut the chats down to two hours instead of three  ;D

Stella Dave

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 01:12 PM »
Wot time's best to head up then??

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Kenny and I will be there from 11am, but registration/gate practice is from 12noon, with racing at 1pm - or whenever we decide to stop chatting and do some riding!  ;)

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Results now added for Round 2 and Points Table updated.  Thanks to paulo, Stevo, Sean and Stella Dave for being able to make it along.  A nice sunny day, if a little breezy and damn cold!  Discussions are now underway regarding Round 3.  Steve will miss Round 3 as he is attending some minor event in Birmingham that weekend  ;D and Paul might have work commitments  :(  Hopefully we will see some new faces though.  Kevin Rettie might get permission from his other half to come along  :daumenhoch: Mad All was hopeful, and oldschool legend Ali Stewart was also hoping to be able to attend.  Not forgetting David W will be making the trek south again, so racing should be as hard as ever.

See you at Round 3!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 06:13 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Stella Dave

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 11:03 AM »
good to meet all you guys, great set up there!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Here's some pics from the first round.  Thanks to Andy M for taking these!

Stevo's T/A, Kenny Scullion's '97 GT Speed Series Team (used to be mine  :'() paulo's Aero Reflex

Kenny Scullion & David Wright

Gordon the official finish line judge, me, paulo, Stevo, paulo's other half Moira

Stevo, Gordon, me, David W, paulo, Kenny S (thought we better get a group shot before we killed ourselves racing!)

Gate Practice

2nd straight after a practice gate.  David W jumps the step-doubles

1st race - I'm just leading David W over the 2nd straight tabletop, followed by Stevo and paulo.  Getting to the 1st turn in the lead is really important on this track, as David will agree  ;)

Same race, over the step-doubles David is lining up to make a move

same race, 2nd turn, David takes the lower line but I'm just able to keep the power on going into 3rd straight.  No dodgy moves going on here, all good clean racing  :)

I'll make sure Kenny S doesn't forget his camcorder for the next round   :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:38 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Stevo

Re: Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS ADDED
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 09:21 PM »
Cheers Kenny, great pics.  :daumenhoch:

Pity I miss the meet in December. Maybe see you all again in Jan 08.  ;)

spillers#1

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 09:40 PM »
That looks like a really fast smooth track  :daumenhoch: and i love the bikes and all the gear proper old skool  :4_17_5:

kevin rettie

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 10:45 PM »

Crackin shots Kenny, lookin' fast...bit worried about the 11th now!!
  :daumenhoch:

teamsano

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 09:45 PM »
great pics! i really need to find time to get out to the next un. dave wright looks exactly like he did in 89!!

nishiki14

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 08:31 PM »
Im glad to see your series is up and running fella's, your numbers will get bigger for sure but enjoy it while it's small too, it will get bigger and better but you'll always look back at the early days with real pride :4_17_5:
I would love to say I willo come up and have a race with you lot but I just can't promise, keep up the good work and you never know, what with your lot, the midlands lot and us down south, perhaps we could have some sort of OSS show down at MK next year, have a word with Ratty, im sure his arm wont take too much twisting :knuppel2:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 08:48 PM »
I would definately be up for that.  Maybe another tie-in with the Brits, although we could always start our own OS Brits at MK with show&shine and other OS attractions.  If we could decide on a date and work towards that then I'm sure David, Paulo, Stevo & a few others would be keen to make the trip  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Winter Series Results & Points Table - PICS/VIDZ ADDED

gfxgfx
gfx gfx