gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  HELP SKYWAY BLEECHING
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HELP SKYWAY BLEECHING  (Read 1924 times)

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
HELP SKYWAY BLEECHING
« on: October 29, 2007, 06:52 PM »
 ORANGE & BLACK TUFF 2S CAN THEY BE BLEECHED OR WILL THEY FADE, JUST PULLED MY WHITE ONES OUT OF THE BLEECH AND THEY LOOK NEW THANK FOOK

:daumenhoch:

Superkav

Re: HELP SKYWAY BLEECHING
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:37 PM »
All the bleach will do is get rid of the 20+ years worth of staining which obviously shows up more on a white pair. There are stickys on how to restore Tuffs but here's what you need to do in a nutshell.

Sand down any scuffs or gouges

Remove axles and bearings etc
Scrub scrub scrub (or pop them in the diswasher)
If they look minty then  :daumenhoch:

if they look a bit faded......

Get a bucket with a 20" base
Pop the wheel in, cover with boiling water, add 2 tins of Dylon Multipurpose dye (to penetrate the nylon)
Stir for 30 mins
Hey Presto back to new :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Repeat per wheel

Remember, you can dye a white wheel most colours, you can only re-dye a coloured wheel back to it's original colour.
Ok, so you can probably turn yellow Tuffs to Orange but I'm not getting into a long colour realted debate here. ;D

munners

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 03:40 PM »
I have tried and tried and tried and tried to get my white tuffs whiter but the fookers wont go there! They are as clean as anything but they just look a little beige/creamy/off white. Got any suggestions mate?

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 03:51 PM »

Try neat bleach and keep taking them out daily and give them a good clean with CIF cream then wack them back in the bleach. Keep repeating over a course of a couple of weeks and you'll see good results. Mine were the same but are now looking super white and minty  :daumenhoch:

I have tried and tried and tried and tried to get my white tuffs whiter but the fookers wont go there! They are as clean as anything but they just look a little beige/creamy/off white. Got any suggestions mate?

munners

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Back in the drink then!

Superkav

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 03:59 PM »
I always use Asda cheap own brand bleach (29p per litre) the runny stuff not the thick bleach.
Remember to grease up any exposed alloy bits, hubs etc or they'll rot. I usually leave white Tuffs in bleach for 2 weeks and when they come out they're snowy white. the trick (I've found) is the runny cheap bleach.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Yep same here, I used tesco value bleach and has done the trick, also wacked in a bit of the thick domestos also for good measure and they are looking minty! Got one in the drink at the moment...  ;)

I always use Asda cheap own brand bleach (29p per litre) the runny stuff not the thick bleach.
Remember to grease up any exposed alloy bits, hubs etc or they'll rot. I usually leave white Tuffs in bleach for 2 weeks and when they come out they're snowy white. the trick (I've found) is the runny cheap bleach.

munners

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 12:41 PM »
You guys are teasing here aint ya! Get me a pic up lads so i can see. Pleeeeeeeeeeeas.  ;)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 04:38 PM »
i think one of the rad alchemists put hydrogen peroxide in the mix with the bleach. they were so white he was blinded and his entire family too. They were just wandering around like in 'day of the triffids'. so it does work.
ding dong

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 04:42 PM »
mines in the domestos now.
they been in there above a week now.
i best have a look to see if they aint melted lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 05:37 PM »

Will do that for you tomorrow matey, will get em out the drink and take a piccy, they are V.WHITE!!!!!!!!  8)

You guys are teasing here aint ya! Get me a pic up lads so i can see. Pleeeeeeeeeeeas.  ;)

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Did someone mention white Tuffs  :smitten:

Steve

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 07:10 PM »

i must say steve OUR tuffs are the nuts  ;)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 07:15 PM »
i still cant believe thats the same set i let you have steve.
i would never in a million years have thought they'd come out like that..............................as i would'nt have let you have em  ;D.
dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  HELP SKYWAY BLEECHING

gfxgfx
gfx gfx