gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Well gutted!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Well gutted!  (Read 505 times)

munners

Well gutted!
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:51 AM »
I moved back into my house this weekend after a year of renovation! What a year! Horrible but it is worth it.

I knew i only had one pic of my Skyway TA back in 84 which was on a collaboration of photos that my wife did at our wedding. 1st thing i opened this weekend was the box that the pic was in. I was gutted to see what i saw!

I have been building a TA this year from how i remember mine was from when i had it as a kid. I was happy at 1st as it  is 90% there at the moment with correct parts but i noticed that i had BLUE Tioga 1st gen Comp 3's on it. What chance have i got of getting them NOS! :'(

And to make it worse i had a pair of Shim DX's in blue with the reflectors in. Even more gutted! No chance of them either i guess!

In the pic i was doing an endo so i couldnt tell if i had a lay back or straight seatpost. I know that i put a lay back on it but i want it as it was when i 1st got it. That will never be answered but as i was only 9 when i had it i would guess it was a straight post.

Does anyone know or have these parts even if you dont wanna get rid of them? Just wanted to know how rare these really are?

Nick  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Well gutted!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 12:13 PM »
I bought a set of Blue Shimano DX's NOS earlier this year so they're still out there and available. Not cheap though.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 12:14 PM »
What size was the comp 3's   1.75 rear  2.125 front or 1.75 front and rear

kirk

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 12:17 PM »
I am sure Alan has the comp 3`s in, I noticed a pile of different colour ones when I was rummiging through his store room a bit back,

I suppose you could strip some other colour and get the DX`s done blue by Paul.

munners

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Not fussed about the comp 3 sizes lads. Dont tell meyou got them!

I dont know Alan but everytime i call him he is too busy to check what he has in.  ;)

------------ basically the bike is like this! It has blue grippas on that i will trade too against  them if you have them.

It also has blue Skyway Graff pedals on it which are NOS that i will trade against the pedals.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:37 PM by Munners »

daz bmx it!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 12:51 PM »
I'd be interested inthe blue grippas if ya wanna raise some cash :daumenhoch: as long as you don't want the earth for them ;) sorry can't help on the other parts,I've seen what you want,it is out there you just gotta look further afield than egay uk :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 01:00 PM »
If i get the blue tioga comp 3's DAZ then i will let you have 1st dobs on the grippas. They were NOS before i fitted them. Obviously never used!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:04 PM »
are you still after tech 3's in blue too ? They are expensive also !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250178843346&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

munners

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Ive hopefully got a set on the way for the tech 3's........i hope. ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Well gutted!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx