gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Dave young memorial race pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dave young memorial race pics  (Read 4482 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Dave young memorial race pics
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:04 PM »
A few pics from the dave young memorial race,i have a fare few more just photobuckets dragging.

i will try later or tommorow to upload some more    :daumenhoch:  dan
i had a good day with all who turned up thanks dave was a great man.

hooga1975

Re: Dave young memorial race pics
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Nice one Dan, some great shots there :4_17_5:
I am looking forward to seeing the others

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:31 PM »
a few more and more to follow.

se bikes

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Thanx for the pics Dan, cant wait to see the rest :daumenhoch:

It was a quality day of racing despite the rain  :wtf:

Some excellent racing from all ages and some quality take outs eh 796  :LolLolLolLol:

Big thanks to Les Slater for being Starter for the day :daumenhoch:, full of great old school stories, it was a pleasure to meet you :-*

Thanks to everyone who helped out and everyone who braved the rain to race or spectate :4_17_5:

I never had the pleasure of meeting Dave but I'm sure Dave wold have been proud to see such a great turn out in his memory :daumenhoch:

bmx-796

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 07:41 PM »
who me  :angel:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 07:45 PM »
Tony, you should change your nickname to Extremepervert!!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Yes you Tony, when you really hurt someone with your riding then perhaps you`ll stop riding like a complete cnut , but probably not because you couldn`t care less about any one else anyway  :(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:59 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

hooga1975

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 07:55 PM »
Sorry Tony, but I have to agree with Bill on this one.  I was standing on top of the berm when you took Bill out.  It didnt look like an accidental coming together from my view point, more tactical.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 08:06 PM »
Lee, tony 796 is the reason that I won`t ride in the old school class, because someone is going to get hurt with the way that he rides, I don`t think it`s big or funny to deliberatly take someone out on a race track, if you can`t race fairly then don`t race at all  :rant:

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 08:11 PM »
I made (or at least tried) to make a fair few moves on that berm today.  I hope no one thinks I was riding like a complete cnut.

bmx-796

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Lee, tony 796 is the reason that I won`t ride in the old school class, because someone is going to get hurt with the way that he rides, I don`t think it`s big or funny to deliberatly take someone out on a race track, if you can`t race fairly then don`t race at all  :rant:

it was not intentional, you went high and i went low, you caught my back wheel then come off, its all in the game, don't let me stop you from racing the old skool series, the more the merrier, how about when people take me out, its all in the game, i am out to just have fun like every body else after all thats what its all about.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 08:23 PM »
Was a great race today, Im sure Dave would have been so proud. The racing was to say the least interesting!!!

I would like to say about the dirty side of it today!!! I came together with 4 riders today, one of whom was tony, but also with Sam (the nicest bloke on the track) This is BMX racing is close to a contact sport, part of the skill is keeping on your bike and out of trouble, |I choose to go over the berm rather than collide with Tony, probably the same as Bill. The trick is to keep well away.
Bill, its never a good feeling when you get taken out, but dont stop racing because of it, just get better and make sure your in front. Im impressed with how well you are doing and Im sure it wont take you long to be in front.

796, your a bloody good mate, and a skillfull rider, just try an avoid the take downs before someone does get hospitalised :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 08:38 PM »

it was not intentional, you went high and i went low, you caught my back wheel then come off, its all in the game, don't let me stop you from racing the old skool series, the more the merrier, how about when people take me out, its all in the game, i am out to just have fun like every body else after all thats what its all about.

Tony don`t insult mine and other peoples intelligence, just take another look at the picture above, you`re not even looking at the track, you`re looking at where I am so you can take me out, and from what other members at Daggers have said it`s your favourite corner for doing it, and your reputation hardly disproves this  :(

You also tried to cut me up in the second moto Tony, firstly you tried to ease me off the outside of the first straight, then when I braked and went on the inside you cut across me again, because it was a moto and there were only 4 of us in it I just held back because I knew you`d try and take me out at any chance you got  :(

And I won`t be giving up racing, I`ll just try and not race in the same class as you  :rant:

xtremepervert

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 08:53 PM »
 :'( I still haven't received the cheque for the lessons Tony, I hope it hasn't got lost in the post!!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Funny thing is someone messaged me todat that they'd been taken out by Tony today.

I think sometimes we target Extremepervert by mistake for his riding.

bmx-796

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 09:02 PM »
when you took me out at hersden and laughed about it thats ok its part of the game, but when the boot is on the other foot (not intentionaly) thats playing dirty, some poeple come off, some don't, thats racing for you,

bmx-796

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Funny thing is someone messaged me todat that they'd been taken out by Tony today.

now who am i supposed have took off?

Goose1

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Wasn't this a memorial race...? Stop crying you babies...... :'(

bmx-796

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 09:06 PM »
Wasn't this a memorial race...? Stop crying you babies...... :'(

i'm not crying, just saying as it is, at the end of the day its about having fun as well as racing

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 09:15 PM »
The difference is Tony that at Hersden I never tried to take you out, I got on the inside of you and you decided to lean on me instead of just racing to the line, so I lent back and you came of worse, but thats racing , what you do is to take other riders out on purpose with no regards to what you`re doing.

Just look at this pic and tell me again that it wasn`t intentional. And when I crossed the line your first words were` thats 1-1 `  :idiot2:

What if the next rider you take out breaks his collar bone and can`t work for six weeks, are you going to pay his wages for him ?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 09:17 PM »

now who am i supposed have took off?

Appologies there they said you cut them up out the gate, not taken out.

bmx-796

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 09:18 PM »
in that pic, both my hands and feet are on my bike, and i am looking at the floor to try not to bump into you, as i went past you came down and hit my back wheel, now how is that intentional?

as for me saying its 1-1 that was a joke.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:20 PM by bmx-796 »

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 09:20 PM »
Wow, missed the fireworks as well!!  At least you guys got to ride today.  I had the dubious pleasure of trekking round The Glades @ Bromley with the missus instead.  From the rider numbers it looks like you had a great turnout.  Well done to everyone at BADBMX for pulling it off in the face of Brixton's re-opener and the Milton Keynes EA Winter Series opposition and to still attract an entry count over 100 is quite amazing.  When will the OSWS results be up Ratty??  Humps

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 09:26 PM »
Tony you`re looking at where I am so you can ease me off the track, the only reason you never was because I braked, unfortunatly you still caught my front wheel which knocked me off, now fcuk off keep saying it was accidental because everyone that saw it knows it wasn`t , and make sure you don`t come anywhere near me on a track again or we will be having a major fallout  :rant:

bmx-796

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Tony you`re looking at where I am so you can ease me off the track, the only reason you never was because I braked, unfortunatly you still caught my front wheel which knocked me off, now fcuk off keep saying it was accidental because everyone that saw it knows it wasn`t , and make sure you don`t come anywhere near me on a track again or we will be having a major fallout  :rant:

is that a threat?  you have your opinion and i have mine, the only way to sort this out is if anybody recorded it of has a picture from a another angle.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Dave young memorial race pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx