gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Dave young memorial race pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dave young memorial race pics  (Read 4477 times)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Dave young memorial race pics
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 09:38 PM »
No it`s a promise Tony.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

spillers#1

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 09:41 PM »
who me  :angel:
I'm not replying to this as a shit stir but i've been on the recieving end of some of your stupid moves tone and its not good mate  ??? i've spoken to you a few times about you carving and forcing me off the track and i to cannot race against you when you insist on behaving like that...i like to think that i know how to race in a comp i've been doing it most of my life be it car racing and motorcycle racing,i don't think you understand the ethics of racing, and racing hard but in a  fair way  ;)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 09:42 PM »
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

:wtf: you two twats, your both making far too much out of this........
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 09:44 PM »
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

:wtf: you two twats, your both making far too much out of this........

Just name a time and place and I`ll be there.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

spillers#1

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 09:46 PM »
As for you mr wong............only kidding  :D at least when you carved me up you are sportsman enough and gentleman enough to ride back and see if i'm ok and then let me finish the race in front of you  :daumenhoch:

se bikes

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 09:48 PM »
Coming to a track near you

El Stupple the Ramp King

Vs

796 The Berm Warrior

In the OSWS Lightweight battle of the year [/
size] :LolLolLolLol:

I'll get me coat now cos i'm just stirring :-[

bmx-796

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 09:49 PM »
i admit i do take people out sometimes but it is not intentional, and i am not the only one, its the line i take as it slows you down taking the top of the berm so i prefer to stay in the middle when i can, i do not set out to hurt people, and i would not want to hurt anyone on the track as its all about having fun and not about winning or losing. i have been took out myself a few times and do not get on my high horse about it as its all in the game.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:52 PM by bmx-796 »

spillers#1

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 09:59 PM »
Tone mate i'm afraid you are talking B*LL*X  :) your the only person i know, who when racing looks behind to see who's there then proceeds to change direction to force people off  :) its as simple as that  ;) you've got goods friends tone through racing so wise up  :coolsmiley:  :-*

DJV1980

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2007, 10:14 PM »
WELL WELL WELL . I NO I HAD A GREAT DAYS RACING AT DAGGER. MANYTHANKS TO ALL CONCERED TOP TOP DAY. FORGET THE WEATHER GOOD HARD   BATTLES ALL DAY. JUST WHAT BMX RACING IS ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN MAKING FRIEND........BLA... BLA ...BLA.     SOME PEOPLE TAKE IT ALL TO SERIOUSLY.       SORT IT OUT BOYS FOR FOOK SAKE :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 10:23 PM »
WELL WELL WELL . I NO I HAD A GREAT DAYS RACING AT DAGGER. MANYTHANKS TO ALL CONCERED TOP TOP DAY. FORGET THE WEATHER GOOD HARD   BATTLES ALL DAY. JUST WHAT BMX RACING IS ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN MAKING FRIEND........BLA... BLA ...BLA.     SOME PEOPLE TAKE IT ALL TO SERIOUSLY.       SORT IT OUT BOYS FOR FOOK SAKE :daumenhoch:
F*#K OFF CNUT  :)  ;)

spillers#1

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Nearly forgot.....ace piccies and a good days racing  :4_17_5:  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 10:32 PM »
As for you mr wong............only kidding  :D at least when you carved me up you are sportsman enough and gentleman enough to ride back and see if i'm ok and then let me finish the race in front of you  :daumenhoch:

Yes mate, I felt bad at making you come off.  I honestly didn't realise you'd caught up with me down that straight so when I moved across the jump I was surprised to to feel your bars in my side resulting in you falling off.  I stopped to see if you were OK and let you finish in front of me cos I don't want to win like that (some people afterwards were telling me I'm far too nice on the track, not just over that incident, but also other times when I'd got myself in positions to overtake, but held back cos I didn't want to make anyone crash (or crash myself either)).

At the end of the day, this is a second chance for all of us oldies to relive our youths, and although I want to do my best out there, we've got nothing to prove other than we still know how to have a good time (and maybe still possess a few skills) on our BMX bikes.

Spillers, it was excellent racing against you and Darren Vickers today (I think we all finished in front of each other at some point) and if we push each other and have some good tussles next season in 40+ like we did today, we'll have plenty to smile about.  Top lads and good sports.

spillers#1

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Cheers mike  :daumenhoch: me and darren are well hooked on riding cruisers,just need more practice and fittness and next summer will be a cracker  :daumenhoch:

KGB Matt

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2007, 11:57 PM »
You were missed today Humps .... I had nobody to talk to at the back.  ;D

I couldnt believe that 6 weeks with no racing and my legs had gone by the end of the second straight, i must ride more.

Matt

jazzyje

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 07:10 AM »
was'nt really looking forward to going today what with the wind and the rain.but i'd arranged to take a few lads and lend some gear so off we went.well the race was really good and a great day was had by the hersden crew.my new dxr wheels were mint and a change in my gearing seems to have done me the world of good as well.racing pete lavender all day was a lot of fun with loads of banter.jumping past me with a "here i come!!" was pretty funny.he said he let me win so he could save his energy for 17+.i just think he fluffed his gate and thought twice about it.haha.
   track rode really well in the wet.hope the lad who hurt himself gets better quick.always horrible to see the paramedics carting someone off.really good chilled out meeting and credit to all involved at bad.justin.

se

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 07:43 AM »
I am not stirring at all and I hope you lot sort out the niggles but can I just state for the record that every time I've ever bumped, elbowed, wiggled a leg towards or fallen off in front of anyone it's coz I am too unfit and crap on a bike these days to be able to pedal in a straight line.   :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 07:51 AM »
Steve, we all get out of shape and bump bars and sometimes even cause crashes (sorry Darren) but on the whole we are all aware of the consequences of deliberate take outs. Im sure the people concerned (theres more than 1) will address their riding and show consideration to other riders, otherwise they will be feeling very lonely on 1 man gates

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 08:05 AM »
Great pics,Had a great day again...very steep learning curve me thinks..thanks Ratty and all for organising a Top day :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:40 AM by muffski »

dialledbikes

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 08:34 AM »
I reckon any grievances from a previous meeting should be sorted out at the next meeting.

1-on-1, one lap no crap, then it gets consigned to history.  Let's keep it clean and friendly (but still competitive) cos it's not like we're racing for world titles.

That second to last berm at Dagenham is ideal for making moves.  I tried to make moves in every race there yesterday.  Sometimes they paid off, sometimes they didn't.  But it was fun going for them.

I think these 2 pics of me and Quad Paul show that moves can be made there cleanly.

I think I went from 4th to second with this swoop.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:38 AM by dialledbikes »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2007, 05:04 PM »
great comparison mike, i lost a position with pauls move, not to paul but vinoah managed to take us both on the inside while we were tussling :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2007, 05:41 PM »
Although the piccie of me and mike was after we'd clashed  :P

se

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2007, 07:15 PM »
So is Braintree on for this coming Sunday then? Sorry if this is in another thread and I'm being too lazy to look.. :angel:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Not started a post yet but yes it is on. Im working on the points right now from round 2 :daumenhoch:

DJV1980

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Cheers mike  :daumenhoch: me and darren are well hooked on riding cruisers,just need more practice and fittness and next summer will be a cracker  :daumenhoch:
manythanks  to mike /spillers..  had great fun racing you guy's thanks for all the comments from both of you. C U you on the gate soon. RESPECT. :daumenhoch:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 09:19 AM »
Had a great time back in the saddle from a good few months out of racing.

My legs still feel like jelly.  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Dave young memorial race pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx