gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 05:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  2785 yellow Haro Flo Panel, Hersden
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2785 yellow Haro Flo Panel, Hersden  (Read 2016 times)

mr.magoo

2785 yellow Haro Flo Panel, Hersden
« on: October 28, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Don't know why, have faint memories of that plate from BITD, but who does it belong to?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 2785 yellow Haro Flo Panel, Hersden
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Chris Peel, aka Mr Rusty. :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 02:59 PM »
I know i'm not old enough yet for memory to be going, but don't know why i seem to remember that on someone elses GT at Buckmore, but maybe I am mistaken. Trouble is can't find all me old photo's in loft to confirm. Is that Chris' old UKBMXA number? Or is it a plate he has aquired from someone else?????

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 03:12 PM »
That's his old number and I think he rode a GT back then.

I only know all this because of Extremeperverts [Dave Glendower] photo album.

mr.magoo

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Ok Zippy, bitd, i was best mates with Mark Andrews (RIP), and seem to remember him having a yelow flo, as so do i, number jogged memories of Mark, maybe just the assosciation thing with that number, Buckmore and Mark????? Anyhow Zippy are you going to let me know who you are????????

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 03:24 PM »
I didn't live down here back in the day.

Only moved here when I married a Kent girl.

I did win the Hersden Summer Series this year though. :4_17_5: :LolLolLolLol:

I think Justin introduced us to each other at Hersden a couple of races ago.

mr.magoo

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Was that you with the SE cruiser i spoke to as I was leaving?????
Anyhow whats the crack with Folestone possibilities......mores to the question , how come you are not at Daggers today???

Very interested to see Kent tracks opening, as I have promised the wife that I will only ride my bike for fun, and will not get into regionals and outside of kent etc.etc.......so she is happy to let me race/ride around Hersden when I am lucky enough to get anytime off at weekends.

Went to Hersden a couple of times this week, as I am off, first track i have ridden, since 86. Loved it had great fun.

Also having trouble finding an old-school ride I can afford.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 03:43 PM »
That was me.  :daumenhoch:

We're at the early stages of the possible Folkestone track possibilities. We've spoken to the local community officers and they're keen as there is nothing in the area of this kind.

I've just opened a new bicycle shop in Canterbury so that's taken up loads of my time recently, hence no Daggers today.  ;)

There's loads of bikes available but I'd get the right bike first time rather than get something that looks good but is not really suitable for racing. A lot of us have moved away from the short top tubed bikes to later 80's, early 90's models. They all still have a 1" headset and caliper rear brake but they have much more modern geometry that fits us older riders better.

I think the Hersden season will start again in April 2008.

mr.magoo

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 03:51 PM »
What would you suggest for me then, bitd i found JMC too short, Skyway TA was perfect. Now riding (Dont laugh) an Apollo MX2.20 from Halfords, has 19.5TT, handles fine in the air, but is way too front heavy, and can't decide if a bit long at the back, or that is just the unequal weight distribution, but it doesnot want to turn quickly in burns, top railing all the way.
Nearly 6 foot, currently 14.5 stone, but expect that to go back down to about 12.5 after start back at my old job.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 04:48 PM »
I'd recomend a frame with at least a 20.5" top tube.

My Robinson Pro XL has just sold on here the other day and that was ideal for racing. I've got 3 of them so i won't miss one of them. :LolLolLolLol:

Here's a pic of it.

mr.magoo

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Was lusting about that the other day in the For sale forum, looks really nice, and rare. Used to like Robinsons bitd, but always used to think they looked a bit small, maybe i just had that thought about everything looptail??? So what amount of twisting the wrist/arm is needed for you not to miss one of those, and what spec? Bearing in mind I only want an OS race legal ride -"to have fun on", when-ever i can get to a meeting.

xtremepervert

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 08:41 PM »
 ;D :D Neil just get a ' New School ' bike & race that at Hersden just to piss everyone off like I do!!!

mr.magoo

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 09:13 PM »
The thing is new skool would give an advantage, the appollo MX20 i have is deffo not an advantage ... in fact im sure some would prefer me to race something this unstable in corners and heavy off the line, what do you think??

Mr Rusty

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 07:25 AM »
Neil

Don't listen to Dave - get an old skool bike

By the way 2785 was my UKBMX number but I never raced it using a Haro Flo Panel.  I had a mirage number plate that I sprayed fluorescent yellow with the numbers on it tho.

Mark andrews did use a flo panel in yellow for one season but I think he raced as 3se that year (not doubt Dave G will remember)

Chris

mr.magoo

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 10:07 AM »
Quite funny, i think there must have been an overorder of yellow flo panels to the uk, cos i go mine the same year, really cheap!
Is one of the few things i kept from BITD, showing 1se on plate.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  2785 yellow Haro Flo Panel, Hersden

gfxgfx
gfx gfx