gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the full story
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the full story  (Read 2875 times)

Lazarou

Re: the full story
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 07:53 PM »

now for the other thing about the other site comments, somebody was talking about old schoolers,

that was me :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:

ahh...so this was you? lol
http://mpora.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4309.html

What the hell kind of shite forum is that!  :D

Lazarou

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 07:54 PM »
I just read it's Joe's old forum!  :-[ Didn't look much cop though! Sorry Joe!

darkersomeday

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 07:55 PM »

now for the other thing about the other site comments, somebody was talking about old schoolers,

that was me :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:

ahh...so this was you? lol
http://mpora.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4309.html

What the hell kind of shite forum is that!  :D

now theres a whole other story....... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 07:55 PM »
This is the link to the rad topic:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=24487.0

The original one is a bit harder to find as it`s on the now defunked ride bmx forum, Joe can you find it ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 07:56 PM »

makes me chuckle to read now, oh the irony :LolLolLolLol:

Is this your loft Joe?  :LolLolLolLol:

darkersomeday

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 08:00 PM »
oh the irony eh? :LolLolLolLol:

all but the old holmes and my custom will soon be gone though, sadly.....

that was the old ridebmx magazine forum laz, imagine a huge squabble, that never seemed to be resolved :LolLolLolLol:
i used to get death threats trying to administrate that forum,

full circle.

djweston

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 08:00 PM »
i would just like to thank ta chris as ive only just found out he donated me some parts

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 08:01 PM »
i still cant believe how friggin clean that room looks,mines like a bomb went of.

Beckyboo

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 08:03 PM »
We have all done things that we aint proud of, I think this should have been history a long while ago, what is the point of bearing grudges? life is too short too worry about things we did in the past. Weston has always said it like sees it, if you dont like then steer clear, or better still lets just forget it. I done a few things I aint proud of, and I have noticed a few people who no longer talk to me, I accept that, its their choice, its a shame but no one ever knows the full story before taking sides, shame but thats life :-\

I think members have been more than happy to leave history where it was and welcome a past member back on site.

But I suppose when criticism is levelled at what is after all a BMX community from a person who has previously gained from the support that this community offers it is unsurprising that members wish to defend themselves and how they choose to deal with members when trading. Like all communities, the site and members interactions are held together by trust, respect, reputation, sharing common bonds and values.  

I think members are happy to move on and not bear grudges however when they feel like their being criticised  they have the right to point out reasons why they feel justifed in defending themselves and that will inevitably involve bringing up their past dealings with a member on site.  You don't always have to know someones full story to have a feeling for that person as actions speak louder than words. No matter what circumstances are (and there are members on here have probably shared those times) people who have a right to feel that there are some things that they still would not do no matter what.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Is that room  a vacuum hence the need for the respirator   :LolLolLolLol: (S6 is it?)
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

darkersomeday

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 08:07 PM »
This is the link to the rad topic:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=24487.0

The original one is a bit harder to find as it`s on the now defunked ride bmx forum, Joe can you find it ?

cheers bill,

interesting to read the other side of all that, i always wondered what happened on here,

apart from a few vitriol-laced comment i made the whole thing was nothing really to do with me apart from hookoing up with you and the conversations we had on the "other" forum,
crazy stuff like, :-\

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean Joe, that archive thats been put up is a bit hard to follow as the quote boxes are not shown  :police:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 08:15 PM »
joe, we had some pretty nasty arguments in the past over what seems like insubstantial matters now.

when the forum banter died down, we had out own way of sorting stuff out, and i still thank you for your help and knowledge.

weston, I just cant suss you out.

you did some pretty strange stuff on the forum, i dont give a fook about you reasons, its not fookin samaritans, if you had hard times, that is a direct consequence of your actions, and to say otherwise is the pussy way out.

i stuck up for you several times, stuck my neck out, so why did you come back? and when you did decide to come back, why did you have to start criticising a forum that has been like a surrogate mother to you?

i tell you man, you reap what you sow.
I want to touch ORB

djweston

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 08:22 PM »
the favouritism thing was meant as a joke but once again some touchy peeps who take things too serious started again, thats why this thing has blown up again, some peeps just cant let things go, i thank everyone who was on my side but really peeps need to chill, peeps can come ride with me anytime, anyones welcome up here & i'll put anyone up who wants to stop & have a day at all of leeds great street spots, the offer is also open for peeps to come sort out their differences as there is only few people who actually know me as a person....

darkersomeday

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 08:25 PM »
joe, we had some pretty nasty arguments in the past over what seems like insubstantial matters now.

when the forum banter died down, we had out own way of sorting stuff out, and i still thank you for your help and knowledge.

and i still thank you both for giving a brother a second shot,

i know  was a bit of a "hot-potatoe" when i first joined the forum,

like one rad member said....

"maybe you just dont get the old school joe, when something pisses you off why not just switch off for a while" :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Joe having been a member of the old ride forum and seeing the way that the members spoke, well swore and abused each other, it was no surprise that it took a little while for you to fit in to our way of doing things, but your a credit to the forum now imo  :daumenhoch:

And Weston thats almost exactly what you said last time  :police:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 08:35 PM »
man, thats no longer an issue.

only mentioned it because you were included in some of the links i have posted up.

weston.......honestly, why did you come back?

i dont know you that well, seen you at a couple of meets, but not talked at length.

If I would have taken the 12 page booting you got last time, i would have figured that there was a conflict of interests somewhere.....

my honest opinion is to post some good bmx related stuff, pics and posts, and be a part of the community.

trying to pedal your stuff on here or ask for any more favours just aint gonna cut it.

i honestly cant be arsed to bear a grudge, get inolved with the bmx side of things, contribute to dicusssions, im sure it can be sorted.
I want to touch ORB

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 08:45 PM »
This is Westons original post on the old ride forum that he posted up before any of the other stuff started :

ive been bmxing for over 20yrs & class myself as an old schooler but when i go onto these old school sites what up with them? arogant big headed twats that think they are god & know everthing, what a bunch of old ****s, old men on kids bikes taking everything too serious, its fun at the end of the day, we are just riding bikes & doing tricks for fun, when it gets to the point when you are that serious its time to stop..
anyway, old schoolers.nobheads(most of them)

And that was a joke too  :police:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 08:49 PM »
in my air of fairness, i was choosing to ignore that......lol
I want to touch ORB

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 08:50 PM »
This is a link to the whole topic, and its not bad either  :daumenhoch:

http://mpora.com/forums/showthread.php't=2597

Beckyboo

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksunday
i bet its a good atmosphere though!
do people ever try and ride it when youre not in?

I don`t know, I`m not there :lol:

the line of the thread ;D

matt

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 10:50 PM »
hey western im on me arse at the mo do you think it would be acceptable adult behavour to come round yours, kick ya door in, tie you up and rob all your worldly possessions??? stop talking crap grow up and take responsibility for your actions   :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 11:21 PM »
Joe having been a member of the old ride forum and seeing the way that the members spoke, well swore and abused each other, it was no surprise that it took a little while for you to fit in to our way of doing things,but your a credit to the forum now

No he is NOT!! He's a kn0b jockey!!!  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:  ;)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2007, 12:42 AM »

sam youre a star :smitten:, i couldnt have found that and i used to run that forum,

makes me chuckle to read now, oh the irony :LolLolLolLol:

that thread is where i first spoke to bill and found out about the rad forum :shocked:

crazy.

Ah, so it is Billy's fault you are on this site Joe... remind me to kick him in the nuts next time I see him  ;)  :knuppel2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the full story

gfxgfx
gfx gfx