gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 03:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just this second picked this up?????????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just this second picked this up?????????  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Just this second picked this up?????????
« on: October 26, 2007, 02:22 PM »
What do you reckon chaps, I bought it blindly, the guy in the phone said the chrome was more than 9/10 and that its completely original and I took the chance and thought fook it, met him half way in Essex and just took a chance. I really haven't got the money to buy it at the moment as just moved gaff and I have far too many bikes (will post some up soon for sale) but as soon as I see it I thought my god, its bloody lovely.

It's completely original, been a race bike but you'd never know it. Very light. Don't know what Ammaco frame it is and to be honest, i'm not an Ammaco fan and never was, but its so fookin shiny! It has some slight pitting on the front wheel but the back wheel is spotless and the frame itself is easy 9/10 if not more. The decals are good condition, it has Green MX brakes and these dodgy Halfords green tyres which I have to say I've never seen before but look like Haros. Also has this funky Viscount Trick Top seat which is like a foam, a few marks on the back but otherwise with a good clean would be damn good condition... and never seen one of those before, only the Hutch trick tops. The crank wheel is near mint, the bars are in a good condition etc.. etc.. Anyway enough waffling on, what do you reckon? Keep it? Sell it?  ::)

Pickle what do you reckon mate on the bike?  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:10 AM by Swivel »

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
Re: Just this second picked this up?????????
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 02:25 PM »
...how much was it exactly ?
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Looks cool mate!  better than i thought it would be.....I like those frames, they look cool!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Erm should I say  ::) Got it for hundred nicker, bargain or not?  :daumenhoch:

...how much was it exactly ?

munners

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Thats the condition a survivor should be in! It definitely aint a race bike! She is crying out for a set of tuffs on her. I would 100% keep it as i have never seen one in that condition. Great find.  ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 02:31 PM »

Thanks Nick  :daumenhoch:, yeah I must say I've never seen one in that condition neither, hence my indecision about what to do, keep her or sell her on?  ::)

Thats the condition a survivor should be in! It definitely aint a race bike! She is crying out for a set of tuffs on her. I would 100% keep it as i have never seen one in that condition. Great find.  ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Thanks Pickle, and also thanks for your advice beforehand mate, it tipped my decision to drive over and buy it. I must say even though I don't need anymore bikes (really don't as missus will go spare), this one is a beauty and a survivor too!  :smitten:

Looks cool mate!  better than i thought it would be.....I like those frames, they look cool!  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 02:35 PM »
Thanks Pickle, and also thanks for your advice beforehand mate, it tipped my decision to drive over and buy it. I must say even though I don't need anymore bikes (really don't as missus will go spare), this one is a beauty and a survivor too!  :smitten:

Not a problem mate  :daumenhoch:  just glad it turned out to be a great find and not a POS!   :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Yep was a bit nervous but when I see it rolling around the corner I thought fookin ell, what a survivor! Still undecided whether to keep her or not???  ::) 

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 02:41 PM »
i think its cool personally, it's a true survivor and in many ways reflects the type of bike alot of us were riding bitd, i would say keep it my friend, and leave it more or less as is......

good find !
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

dj_benice

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 02:43 PM »
Didn't viscount make the trick tops for hutch?  I have a pink one and I'm sure it's stamped viscount on the underside.  Nice score mattriz, looks peachy  :4_17_5:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 02:45 PM »

Thanks mate. Yeah it does have Viscount on the underside just checked...  :daumenhoch:

Didn't viscount make the trick tops for hutch?  I have a pink one and I'm sure it's stamped viscount on the underside.  Nice score mattriz, looks peachy  :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Yep was a bit nervous but when I see it rolling around the corner I thought fookin ell, what a survivor! Still undecided whether to keep her or not???  ::) 

I guess your decision will be based on two things....

1, can you afford to keep her?
2, The Mrs makes you sell it   ;)

but if you do decide to sell her i'm sure you'll get your money back!

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Well... yes I can afford to keep her at a stretch, but I will need to make room so putting up for sale my two other survivors, Raleigh Team Aero and Mongoose Grand Prix. Then I think the missus will be happy'ish  :2funny:  :daumenhoch:

I guess your decision will be based on two things....

1, can you afford to keep her?
2, The Mrs makes you sell it   ;)

but if you do decide to sell her i'm sure you'll get your money back!

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 02:48 PM »
the wheels look like steel, if so you may well be able to make a buck or two selling to the burner builders!!

munners

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 02:50 PM »
What did u pay for it mate if you dont mind?

Show us a pic of the team pro. May be interested.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Yeah, good point... Green Tuffs its crying out for I think but won't over spend on this as already doing that on 3 of my other bikes  :shocked:

The front wheel has some light pitting and but the back is near mint, amazing for its age really and how its been ridden. Both are stamped with RIGIDA Superchromix. Seat is deffo Viscount as just double checked.

the wheels look like steel, if so you may well be able to make a buck or two selling to the burner builders!!

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 02:59 PM »

Hello mate, paid hundred nicker for this Ammaco, do you think that's a bargain or not?

Team Pro is nice, its all original, even original raleigh white mags, all reflectors and even Aeroyal seat in white. Only thing I changed is the seat post which was rusted, otherwise its in a good condition. With a powdercoat it could be back to as it was. Will be selling off repro replacement decals and Wellgo white plastic pedals with it which are also NOS. Will wack up a photo later on mate  :daumenhoch:

What did u pay for it mate if you dont mind?

Show us a pic of the team pro. May be interested.

munners

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 03:02 PM »
You have gotta keep it for a oner. What is a oner these days. You got ya self a little bit of history there mate. Look forward to seeing the Team pro. :daumenhoch:

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 03:04 PM »
That's a great buy for £100 I would have definately paid at least that, not sure about the colour scheme though :shocked: I rode an Ammaco Freestyler back in the late 80's and have to say it was a very nice bike.

bodamus ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Yep you could be right mate, although it would be tempting as you say to wack tuffs on it, like Green tuffs and Green Haro tyres... humm... honestly wouldn't take much to get this up to a near show condition as its in such good nick anyway  :daumenhoch:

Will send you over some photos of Team Aero Pro once i've stuck it all back together (is currently all in bubble wrap!)

Matt  :daumenhoch:

You have gotta keep it for a oner. What is a oner these days. You got ya self a little bit of history there mate. Look forward to seeing the Team pro. :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 03:07 PM »

Yeah bit bright mate I agree but unique also, haven't seen an Ammaco in the Museum like this. I tell ya one thing, its really light, super light in fact, lovely frame. Glad a oner wasn't too much to pay for something like this then  :daumenhoch:

That's a great buy for £100 I would have definately paid at least that, not sure about the colour scheme though :shocked: I rode an Ammaco Freestyler back in the late 80's and have to say it was a very nice bike.

bodamus ;)

othomas2

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 04:27 PM »
Yeah, that's nice and original !! Good buy !

It's in great nick too, much better than mine !! If it were me I'd keep the original parts in storage, then upgrade on parts inc. green tuffs !! If you decide to keep it & ride it that is !

=====================
On a side note... is it definitely a team pro you have ?? just the aeroyal appeared on the other teams but not the Pro.

Not to change topic but here's my survivor team pro :)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:28 PM by Owen »

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Hello mate, thanks, glad you like the Ammaco.

Actually I think you're right, its just a Team Aero, but not a Pro. Has white raleigh mags on it and Aeroyal. Just taken some photos of it, will show it to Munners first then wack it on here, if not interest then deffo on Burner forums as I'm sure they will jump at it as its in good nick.

Cheers,

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Yeah, that's nice and original !! Good buy !

It's in great nick too, much better than mine !! If it were me I'd keep the original parts in storage, then upgrade on parts inc. green tuffs !! If you decide to keep it & ride it that is !

=====================
On a side note... is it definitely a team pro you have ?? just the aeroyal appeared on the other teams but not the Pro.

Not to change topic but here's my survivor team pro :)

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 09:33 PM »
Nice survivor  8) Same frame as mine....

Ive got a Trick top seat on this bike havn't checked if it says Viscount on it though...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just this second picked this up?????????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx