gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  is it just me
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: is it just me  (Read 1939 times)

djweston

is it just me
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:05 AM »
thats noticed certain peeps on here get special treatment  :tickedoff:

dialledbikes

Re: is it just me
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:11 AM »

Lazarou

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:17 AM »

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Explain

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 11:18 AM »
thats noticed certain peeps on here get special treatment  :tickedoff:

Not sure people do mate..........but you can get my MTB frame sale moved if it'll make you happy?  ::)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 11:33 AM »
I agree with Djweston to a certain degree, the other day in a sales thread there were a cpl of Sugino Cranks up for sale. Me and Munners put in "yep we'll take em" posts nearly as soon as the thread was posted, anyway the guy sold em on without even gettin back to us until they had sold. Now i dont think that if it was one of the older members to this website or a Mod it would have went down well at all, as surely it would be pointless selling through here if you just picked who you wanted to sell to. Yet not one Mod stepped in to say "look mate this is how we want to run the sales threads and "it's gotta be fair n sh1t". I have seen in the past Mods and guys with many posts kicking off about this sorta thing, yet as i said not one Mod stepped in to sort it out.
I dont really take it to heart like DJ probably does but to his post yes i sorta Agree there is a lil double standards kickin around. imho  :-X

Paul :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain:

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:38 AM »
Maybe that person had a PM sent before any replies were posted...

I was first to get a chain that way....next person missed out by few minutes but would have shown as being first to respond....

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 11:43 AM by KuSam »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:38 AM »
I understand where you're coming from....and i can't comment on the crank post as i haven't seen it.....but sometimes you might put something up for sale, then find out a mate of yours on here (yes we all have them) PM's you and asks if he can have it?  well speaking for myself, i'd always let a mate have it if he wanted over another member who i don't really know.  I'm not sure that makes me a bad person?  ???

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 11:42 AM »
Not really Pickle, but it does stand up to what my post was saying  :daumenhoch:, i would sell to first as imho that is how it should work. But as i said i dont take it to heart  :tickedoff:  :LolLolLolLol: just pointing out a flaw in the system  :-X

Paul :Great_Britain:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 11:46 AM »
fair enough mate........i have to admit to not liking the old 'first dib dobs' on things........and whenever i've sold anything i've always sold to the first person that wants the item.......or whenever a mate has needed that item i tend to just give it to them......but can see where people may get the hump with things. 

djweston

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 11:50 AM »
im winding you all up lads, i dont really care, just a bit peeved that my mountain bike got moved, wouldnt mind but its getting sold & the funds are going towards a bmx

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 11:51 AM »
How can a site dictate to its members who they should sell too????????

If a mate wants an item of mine , then hes going to get it , hes a mate ,thats the whole point thats why he is a mate.

Dont blame the site for members behaviour

if we did that then we can all comment on many , many shady goings on from peole who like to complain about shady dealings

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 11:52 AM »
i'm cool mate.........and i'm not sure why your MTB got moved  :-\  there's also a GT aggressor in there as well as mine.

looking at your post though, Kusam said you listed it in the Wanted section?  maybe that's why it was moved?

Hope you sell it though mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 11:54 AM »
Weston....I replied to your MTB post cos it was in the Wanted section...not the For Sale....that's why I said try that section....
Although the general rule is that only BMX items are sold in the For Sale section and non-BMX items are USUALLY moved to the Lounge....obviously someone elses MTB for sale thread didn't get picked up on....
doubt it's special treatment...

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 11:58 AM »
How can a site dictate to its members who they should sell too????????

If a mate wants an item of mine , then hes going to get it , hes a mate ,thats the whole point thats why he is a mate.

Dont blame the site for members behaviour

if we did that then we can all comment on many , many shady goings on from peole who like to complain about shady dealings
[/quote

Fair enough, doesnt make it right though.  ???

Lazarou

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00 PM »
obviously someone elses MTB for sale thread didn't get picked up on....

:-[

Andy

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 12:02 PM »
theres deffo special treatment going on

kinda like the guy who begged for bike parts ends up with a whole bike pretty much for free which then he sold on ebay! Im sure all the people who tried to help the guy out were chuffed about that one. The same guy b1tches on another forum saying how sad we all are on here and what a bunch of d1cks we all are deletes his account are then rejoins later,

lol special treatment, to those who dont deserve it yeah maybe

Andy

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Fook me that is special treatment, Am i to guess this guy maybe Mr Weston  :shocked:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 12:05 PM »
andy dont pussy foot about.
glad somebody says it like it is  :daumenhoch:.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 12:05 PM »

kinda like the guy who begged for bike parts ends up with a whole bike pretty much for free which then he sold on ebay! Im sure all the people who tried to help the guy out were chuffed about that one. The same guy b1tches on another forum saying how sad we all are on here and what a bunch of d1cks we all are deletes his account are then rejoins later,

Andy

Now what was that guy's name ? , errrrrm jdwiston or something like that !  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 12:06 PM »

Andy

Can't say i know who you're talking about there?  but maybe everyone were just taken in by one person plight?  after all we're all into BMX and if someone comes on and has a bit of a sob story, out of 3000+ members someone will step up and help out i guess. i agree it's a bad thing to gather up a whole bike for next to nothing then go and sell it on the bay....that's just bad form!  :tickedoff:    but i don't see how that makes the people who helped him out bad people!?!?  ???

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 12:08 PM »
but i don't see how that makes the people who helped him out bad people!?!? 

i dont think thats what andy's say there rob  ;).
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 12:09 PM »
Were is the smiley with Foot In Mouth type thingy  :LolLolLolLol:

:-X well 99% of this site is  :angel: maybe i hav'nt enough "friends" to sell to  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 12:11 PM »
but i don't see how that makes the people who helped him out bad people!?!? 

i dont think thats what andy's say there rob  ;).

My mistake then mate...........I can understand what people are saying..........but i've never felt that i've been guzumpted on sales for the privilaged few?

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 12:30 PM »
[

My mistake then mate...........I can understand what people are saying..........but i've never felt that i've been guzumpted on sales for the privilaged few?

Yes you have !!! you just dont want to upset the privilaged few thats all  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  is it just me

gfxgfx
gfx gfx