gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975756 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 05:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  is it just me
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: is it just me  (Read 1931 times)

munners

Re: is it just me
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 12:49 PM »
I just read this thread and i have to agree that there is a 'floor' with the system in which things are sold. I have been on the receiving end of buying and even selling items on here.

I put up for sale not so long ago some Red flights. Dordy pm'd me without making note of  'pm sent' in the thread itself. I didnt realise this as i had left my pc on the thread that i had just put up. When i returned a couple of mins later to the pc and clicked on 'forum' i noticed that monkeybiscuits had put 'pm sent'. I then went into my pm box and agreed to sell to him. I put 'sold to Monkeybiscuits' up on the thread and sent Matt my paypal address. Then Dordy put up on the thread that he had pm'd me straight away as soon as the initial thread went up. I thought...... oh shiit! I checked my pms and noticed that Dordy did infact pm me before Matt but i didnt realise as Matts pm was at the start of a new page. I told Matt the situation and he honoured and trusted me that Dordy got in first and they were sold to Dave.

If it wasnt for the fact that they are both good guys and well known members it could have got sticky.

The morale of the story in my eyes is that if you want to buy an item then put 'pm sent' on the thread then there is no problems or if you got something to sell that you think a 'mate' might want then clue them up about it before you put it in the sale section. just my opinion.  ;)   

dj_benice

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 12:54 PM »
At the end of the day I am grateful that even though it sometimes causes chit the mod's let us list items for sale FOC with no ebay fees etc.  Yes we are all guilty of looking out for our mates often at a financial loss but hey ho thats the way of it.  Asking people who run a site for free and in their spare time to start spending lots more hours just monitoring and maintaining rigid rules in for sale is taking the pi55 in my opinion, the old addage is if you don't like it then go ebay and I think its a fair one  :10_2_12:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 12:59 PM »
give that man a cigar  :4_17_5:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 01:30 PM »
I just read this thread and i have to agree that there is a 'floor' with the system in which things are sold. I have been on the receiving end of buying and even selling items on here.

I put up for sale not so long ago some Red flights. Dordy pm'd me without making note of  'pm sent' in the thread itself. I didnt realise this as i had left my pc on the thread that i had just put up. When i returned a couple of mins later to the pc and clicked on 'forum' i noticed that monkeybiscuits had put 'pm sent'. I then went into my pm box and agreed to sell to him. I put 'sold to Monkeybiscuits' up on the thread and sent Matt my paypal address. Then Dordy put up on the thread that he had pm'd me straight away as soon as the initial thread went up. I thought...... oh shiit! I checked my pms and noticed that Dordy did infact pm me before Matt but i didnt realise as Matts pm was at the start of a new page. I told Matt the situation and he honoured and trusted me that Dordy got in first and they were sold to Dave.

If it wasnt for the fact that they are both good guys and well known members it could have got sticky.

The morale of the story in my eyes is that if you want to buy an item then put 'pm sent' on the thread then there is no problems or if you got something to sell that you think a 'mate' might want then clue them up about it before you put it in the sale section. just my opinion.  ;)   

That's an easy mistake, i went to bed the other night thinking one member was a miserable sod cos he hadn't finished a conversation we were having only to notice the next day he had but as i'd been chatting to two people at once and recieved both members pm's together hadn't noticed the earlier one, so it turns out it was me that stopped talking not him, it's the kind of easy mistake that could cause a lot of bad feeling in a selling situation.

As for you weston mate, i'd think it was easy for a bloke in your position to feel that he was getting negative treatment. But then you ain't the first person to get a thread moved so stop crying about it.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 01:37 PM »
theres deffo special treatment going on

kinda like the guy who begged for bike parts ends up with a whole bike pretty much for free which then he sold on ebay! Im sure all the people who tried to help the guy out were chuffed about that one. The same guy b1tches on another forum saying how sad we all are on here and what a bunch of d1cks we all are deletes his account are then rejoins later,

lol special treatment, to those who dont deserve it yeah maybe

Andy

FFS Andy I wish you would get off the fence and say what you mean  :LolLolLolLol:

Weston it looks like you have been well and truly busted  :police:

:) DINGO :)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:43 PM by Dingobmxer »

matt

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 01:44 PM »
i couldnt agree with andy more, i was quite surprised to see mr weston back after his childish rants, and his i live in the roughest part of the world please give me some bmx parts for free so i can make money out of you all.
to be honest i think that the fact he is back on the site shows what a cool forgiving site this is because if i owned it you would be out in the cold with greame  :Aresehole:

snav69

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I don't give anyone special treatment no matter who they are , if i have something that someone wants and i no longer need/needed it i give it away for free to whoever wants it  :angel:
I've given quite a bit away to quite a few peeps on here  :daumenhoch:

:coolsmiley:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I don't give anyone special treatment no matter who they are , if i have something that someone wants and i no longer need/needed it i give it away for free to whoever wants it  :angel:

got any free Blue Comp 3 Cruiser Tyres then snav !!  ;D
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

snav69

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 02:02 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:
If i had you could have em  :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Who is this 'Graeme' people refer to?

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 02:10 PM »
thats noticed certain peeps on here get special treatment  :tickedoff:

That's because we are better then you ;)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 02:11 PM »
hmm...be interesting to hear what mr weston has to say about all of this?

why put up a thread like this with a history like that?

bit, err, dim if you ask me, unless that is, you were actually looking to provoke people?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 02:14 PM by J.T »

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 02:11 PM »

i think he was part of the Subwax, Kelly etc crowd wasn't ??? I'm just a newbie, I don't go back that far.......

anyone ???
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 02:11 PM »
thats noticed certain peeps on here get special treatment  :tickedoff:

That's because we are better then you ;)

:LolLolLolLol:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

dj_benice

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 02:12 PM »

I'll vouch for that man  :4_17_5:

Lazarou

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 02:13 PM »

You're better off not knowing! It's a long, long boring story!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 02:20 PM »
BACK ON TOPIC......

Paul (Weston),

Respect, Friendship and Trust are earned on here. This sometimes brings preferential treatment, however I really don't think anyone was targetting you on this occasion 

I wasn't aware of some of the nasty things you (Weston) had said on here/other sites, but if you wanna earn respect, then start by respecting others and people will start trusting you again.

When I joined this site you were already an established member and well liked, however you seem to have sh!t on the people who trusted you ?!

I know you've had a lot of cr@p happening in your life over the past year, and I also recall you got a lot of support from the people you now seem to pick 'fights' with. WHAT HAPPENNED ?

You're running out of chances, it's possibly your last chance to change it now….

MB
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

djweston

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 06:10 PM »
theres deffo special treatment going on

kinda like the guy who begged for bike parts ends up with a whole bike pretty much for free which then he sold on ebay! Im sure all the people who tried to help the guy out were chuffed about that one. The same guy b1tches on another forum saying how sad we all are on here and what a bunch of d1cks we all are deletes his account are then rejoins later,

lol special treatment, to those who dont deserve it yeah maybe

Andy
haha, you do make me laugh rich boy, you dont know what was going on in my life at that time, we can all have a laugh but dont stick your nose in on things you know nothing about, it might end up broke

djweston

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 06:19 PM »
i like how all you t0ssers jumped on the band wagon without even knowing the full story of what happened last year like a bunch of lemmings, people that actually really know me & are not imaginary internet mates know the score, if anyone wants to know the real story just ask me, stop talking b0llocks, anyone wanting to try add their bit who wasnt even involved & knows nothing about what happened need to get a mind of their own....
ask if you want the full story, if you want to b1tch then just step up like a man & dont leave comments on here

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 06:27 PM »
I`d like to hear that story, make sure you put the bit in about what happened to the Haro FST that I gave you  :police:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 06:36 PM »
I'd like to hear the full story about the bike that Andy (McNulty) is talking about, that was sold on ebay (if that's a different one to the one Bill's talking about)?

djweston

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 06:38 PM »
I'd like to hear the full story about the bike that Andy (McNulty) is talking about, that was sold on ebay (if that's a different one to the one Bill's talking about)?
the full story is on now

Andy

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 07:18 PM »
weston loving the rich boy comment haha and loving even more about the nose broke comment

Your a quality individual its no wonder so many people dislike you

Andy

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 07:35 PM »
and also weston people were well aware of your situation at the time because you spammed the board up constantly at the time with your "please feel sorry for me bullsh!t"

have you no memory dude??

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  is it just me

gfxgfx
gfx gfx