gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  eric steele..........................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: eric steele..........................  (Read 3968 times)

welsh denny

eric steele..........................
« on: October 17, 2007, 11:49 PM »
'crazy' eric steele clicks a lookback in cardiff ramp room in 1987. eric would hang up to his chainring on occasion and still ride it out.(maybe the first disaster?)

photo courtesy of chris fowler.

incidentely anyone know of any decent scanners out there with the capability to convert negatives. got shitloads of negatives from over the years off chris and there's some cracking pics that need to be brought to life.

chris and andy reardon pedalpick.

even glyn lewis couldn't stay away from cardiff.

dj_benice

Re: eric steele..........................
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:59 PM »
been wonderin the same about negatives myself, quick search on amazon says yes  :daumenhoch:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=blended&field-keywords=negative%20scanner&results-process=default&dispatch=search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-2_blended_205333428_1&results-process=default

some are specific negative reading machines whereas some just look like conventional scanners  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:00 AM »
i still claim that our very own billy stupple was the first person to do disasters.... it's just that it wasn't a trick in his day...  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:54 AM »
Eric was crazy and all that and tried some mad airs, but that is the first pic I have seen of him doing something that styleee! Way rad!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 05:33 PM »
I was thinking exactly the same Al, that's probably the best pic of Eric I've ever seen - clicked!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Ramp Rat

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 06:11 PM »
Wow - sweet pic, yep, that't the tastiest lookback I've seen of Eric, looks like her really got it all together by '87. I'm still in awe of his alley oop 540's over the canyon at various indoor comps. Big Balls!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 10:49 PM »
i still claim that our very own billy stupple was the first person to do disasters.... it's just that it wasn't a trick in his day...  :LolLolLolLol:

Is that a compliment or slur ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

fraz167

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 11:59 AM »
Eric ripped on that Redline...cool pics

andy619

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Eric was crazy and all that and tried some mad airs, but that is the first pic I have seen of him doing something that styleee! Way rad!

I've stopped riding to grab a camera and take a few snaps of eric a few times

stumpy

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 03:03 PM »
Ha ha, that last pic  made me laugh, i'm in the background just below Erics left hand, can tell by my ears stickin out from under the cap..  :LolLolLolLol:

RADHAB

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Ha ha, that last pic  made me laugh, i'm in the background just below Erics left hand, can tell by my ears stickin out from under the cap..  :LolLolLolLol:

They were good days were'nt they Stumpy, i was there with Zoid that day....what a giggle!

stumpy

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 03:58 PM »

They were good days were'nt they Stumpy, i was there with Zoid that day....what a giggle!

Sure were RADHAB, did you ride that day? not sure if i knew u back then?

the_cyclops

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 04:37 PM »

Eric was RAD!

I think a lot of riders only ever saw the crazy 'try anything' side of Eric but he was one hell of a rider!

I rode with him a fair bit in the late 80s/early 90s and his younger brother Scott and they could both destroy anything!

I remember Eric hitting the roof out of a five foot mini at our local skatepark with the burlyest style youve ever seen!

I also remember him and Glynn Lewis having a fight at the KOC (think that was '90 or '91) now that was a sight to see!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 10:25 PM »
I also remember him and Glynn Lewis having a fight at the KOC (think that was '90 or '91) now that was a sight to see!

Fook me I bet that was funny, for some reason Glynn Lewis always made me laugh, just looking at him set me off.....no idea why!  ::)

He was rad at Gillingham bowl though, the air he used to get out of that mad thing was insane!

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

welsh denny

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 11:01 PM »
not really my video to post up but got a vid by steff evans from early 90's with an eric steele section on. some ho ho plant attempts, the bar hop drop in (crazy!!) and also not sure who it but they do the biggest backflip on vert  EVER- and land on the floor completly missing the ramp uninjured. the flair (or 180 flip) does leave you cringing though. horrific. could post up little related bits if wanted.

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 11:11 PM »
is that the 180 flip where he breaks both wrists? He gets up but doesnt know what wrist to hold ... or what to hold it with!

welsh denny

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 12:54 AM »
is that the 180 flip where he breaks both wrists? He gets up but doesnt know what wrist to hold ... or what to hold it with!

yep thats the one. 'kind of life' the vid was called. worth posting up erics section? and the unknown flipper?

welsh denny

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 02:38 PM »

yep thats the one. 'kind of life' the vid was called. worth posting up erics section? and the unknown flipper?
here's eric's section from steff evans 'a kind of life' back in 1991

/>
and the unknown flipper? cringe worthy.

christhejob

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 06:10 PM »
ah classic......... i've shared this with steff on facebook.  i am sure he will be honoured!

christhejob

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 06:14 PM »
you notice eric learnt to ride regular footed??  and the 540 on the invert ramp was regular footed but i think the 540/(9 attempt?) on the quarter was goofy....

stan71

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Eric at his craziest

/>

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  eric steele..........................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx