gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 04:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ever had the feeling you should leave the nos parts in the packet?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ever had the feeling you should leave the nos parts in the packet?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Have you ever used a part straight out of the packet and lived to regret it?
I won a redline number plate earlier this year, still bagged up for around $20, I promptly mounted it on my race bike.
I find one on ebay and it has now reached £180 with 12 hours left, what a plonka :-\

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190164358673&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: Ever had the feeling you should leave the nos parts in the packet?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:45 AM »

It looks good though  8)

Lazarou

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:45 AM »
D'oh! It's a nice numberplate though!

gt0733

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:49 AM »
if you can't live with yourself, ratty, i'll buy it off ya for what ya paid.....plus post of course  ;)

i have the same dilemma with my NOS grab on 2 grips for my latest prolineII build.

p.s....nice 2 pedal start ol' mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 10:02 AM »
I wouldn't be overly concerned. Just like a lot of OS stuff, what style/era the plate it is, dictates the value.

From what I can gather, that plate is an early Freestyle plate ('85-'86) and a very rare/collectable colour scheme.

The seller is Redline J on VBMX and he bid very high on some rare Redline stuff a couple of years ago (that plate and a certain set of decals for a hazzard yellow RL20II spring to mind).

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 11:33 AM »
I wouldn't be overly concerned. Just like a lot of OS stuff, what style/era the plate it is, dictates the value.

From what I can gather, that plate is an early Freestyle plate ('85-'86) and a very rare/collectable colour scheme.

The seller is Redline J on VBMX and he bid very high on some rare Redline stuff a couple of years ago (that plate and a certain set of decals for a hazzard yellow RL20II spring to mind).

Very rare that is  ;)

munners

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 11:41 AM »
Ive just got these today for my Gen 1. I know they are hard to get hold of but i have never seen them in the packet before! Shall i open them?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130163444752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Ive just got these today for my Gen 1. I know they are hard to get hold of but i have never seen them in the packet before! Shall i open them?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130163444752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

Use and Abuse I say  ;) :D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 11:59 AM »

aye lick the edges n ram em up a budgies shitpipe :daumenhoch:

sorry did i say that out loud? :D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 12:00 PM »

aye lick the edges n ram em up a budgies shitpipe :daumenhoch:

sorry did i say that out loud? :D

:2funny:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 12:42 PM »

I need a set of them for my Gen1, I was thinking about putting a bid on but you beat me to it, I didn't really want to get into a bidding war as £50 is quite enough I thought  :D

Would you have gone higher  ?

Andy.

munners

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Considering that i saw some go on US bay for $200 not so long ago i was prepared to pay just under that mark.

magna13

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 12:56 PM »
i wouldnt open them... jus get those 'mx grips' that look like grab on's on ebay for about £4

munners

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 01:00 PM »
It all boils down to BMX snobbery again - could i really put those on a Gen 1, although i totally agree that those cheap ones are the most sensible option.  ;)

magna13

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 01:02 PM »
Jus Do It!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 01:11 PM »
i got a nos in the box haro sport full bike that i thrashed n trashed n scraped n raped n changed every single bit of it other than the headset n seatpost, but fooook me it was fun :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 01:16 PM »
 :)No but I cry when I think of all the mid school stuff that sat round the house for years until I binned/let it go for pennies!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 01:39 PM »
It all boils down to BMX snobbery again - could i really put those on a Gen 1, although i totally agree that those cheap ones are the most sensible option.  ;)
Munners,
I spent enough on the Blue Tech 3's, I'm sort of all spent out on that build although they would have been nice.. have you got the Tech 3's yet ?

...........and no you can't put the copy ones on  :police:     

munners

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 01:43 PM »
The journey still goes on with regards to the blue tech 3's mate! I missed a set last night that Pete Quad got. gutted! Why you want rid of yours!?

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 02:20 PM »
The journey still goes on with regards to the blue tech 3's mate! I missed a set last night that Pete Quad got. gutted! Why you want rid of yours!?

No mate, good try though  :D  I think I paid about £75 (would have been less but for some git in Brazil with zero feedback) for mine which at the time I thought was stupid money but I haven't seen any since apart from those last night .... Gutted, I bet you were..... but there's some out there somewhere with your name on mate, just keep lookin  :daumenhoch:

As for the grips, I will stick with the blue ame's on mine. 

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 03:38 PM »
I guess it depends why you collect this old bike stuff

if you want to enjoy it and ride , build and enjoy the old stuff , then who cares if you open the packet

if however this is an investment for you and you want to maximise your profits, then yes keep it in the packet

I have used pretty much everyrthing i have got that was in a packet, and I am happier with a built bike than a laod of stuff in packets

I have only kept 1 thing minty fresh in packets ,and thats a set of flyte SE camo pads, because i hvae 3 sets on bikes anyway and i kinda thought that it looked nice all unopened , however it will prob end up on a bike at some point anyway

however as more and more NOS stuff gets used , it will only make stuff in packets more rare

Rich

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Man i bet he regrets not putting MX3 in that description  :LolLolLolLol:

Use them simple as that  :daumenhoch:
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

dannyboy

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 10:34 PM »
tear open the packet and use it i say  much cooler seeing some choice parts on a nice os bike  than in packets on a table i reckon ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ever had the feeling you should leave the nos parts in the packet?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx