gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  New track for Surrey (at last)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New track for Surrey (at last)  (Read 748 times)

Pro-tec

Re: New track for Surrey (at last)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Very interesting. Hate to rain on anyone's parade but I do hope at least one or two of the track "designers" pictured know what they're doing. I'm assuming the planned 15K fund raiser will contribute rather than pay for the track outright!!!
I dunno man. Looks to me like they're planning a few wooden ramps rather than a race track. Still, it keeps 'em off the streets I 'spose. 

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Me and a mate of mine are currently in talks with the council to get a track up and running in the folkestone area. We originally wanted to use the old Folkestone flyers track which is still there but unfortunately that's been bought by developers and is not available.

At the moment it's looking good to have a full scale track rather than a play track but as I say it's at the early stages and we've got a lot of meetings to go before we get the final nod and the cash to do it properly. The one positive is that the council , at this stage, are very keen.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Me and a mate of mine are currently in talks with the council to get a track up and running in the folkestone area.

Good to read that things are looking positive for Folkestone.  Maybe you could post up a progress report on a separate thread so that others could perhaps get a steer on how one goes about getting something like this off the ground.  Although I've been involved in a number of tracks I've not been involved from 'conception to birth' so haven't seen the pain and trauma involved with dealing with Councils though I know they're not always difficult to deal with.  Humps

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 11:54 PM »
As soon as we have the next meeting with the local community people I'll pop up a progress report. We've got to do a presentation to the local yooth soon as well.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  New track for Surrey (at last)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx