gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DP FIREBIRD F/S FORKS FOOKED
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DP FIREBIRD F/S FORKS FOOKED  (Read 624 times)

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
DP FIREBIRD F/S FORKS FOOKED
« on: October 20, 2007, 08:52 PM »
 PULLED MY DP FIREBIRD FREESTYLER APART TODAY TO RESTORE AFTER 22YRS AND WEN I REMOVED THE HEADSET NUT HALF THE THREAD ON THE FORKS NOW HAS DISERPEARD  :wtf:   DOES ANY1 NO IF THIS CAN BE REPAIRED AND WHOS GOOD AT IT

SUM1 PLEASE HELP :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: DP FIREBIRD F/S FORKS FOOKED
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 09:00 PM »
Don't know who can do it, but it can be welded & rethreaded

james1973

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Your best bet would be to cut the tube off at the base and get another threaded tube re-welded on. If its imperial tube then you may find it difficult, as thanks to being in the EU you can only buy French (metric) tube now unless you can find an engineer with imperial tubing, or he can roll some metal up to the desired size but it would be a fiddely job. Have the threads completely gone? You maybe able to get a dye run down them to restore the thread.  I thnk there was a post on here a while back offering a really good metal working service, good luck  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 09:14 PM »
What James said but another angle is to use doner forks, you can still but good quality tange forks reasonably cheap, you could then either just use the tanges or chop the tube off that you need to repair your ones :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

bof

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 10:04 PM »
If its just the top half inch or so then maybe its possible to use a suntour headlock to tighten everything up,. Have you got any pictures  :)

selfpreservation

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 10:52 PM »

you can get a new 1" tube welded to it and any decent bike shoppe will be able to tap and dye the threads back on for about £10

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 12:29 AM »
cheers guys for your replys unable to put a photo up as my computers pony,
theres about half inch of  thread missin  bang in the centre so theres not enuf thred for the head set nut to screw rite down so my forks are swinging about like a dick in a bowler hat :-[

:daumenhoch: CHEERS

DINODOG

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 03:40 PM »
The best thing to do is..................................SELL THEM TO ME...................... :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DP FIREBIRD F/S FORKS FOOKED

gfxgfx
gfx gfx