gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Silverfox, Muddyfox
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Silverfox, Muddyfox  (Read 8915 times)

Jazzchimp

Silverfox, Muddyfox
« on: October 15, 2007, 07:26 PM »
i was chatting to a work colleague of mine who was quizzing me about the bike thing. he was quite a keen racer BITD and rode a muddyfox by silverfox with pro class rims (blue centres) and would really like to buy one. Any one got one or care to share any pics for him?

Cheers folks  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: Silverfox, Muddyfox
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 07:28 PM »
theres very few of these around considering there where loads of them back in the day and they where really nice frames n forks some of them, but no, i got no info or nowt so im rubbish :D

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:31 PM »
Am pretty sure Login user has a frame n fork he is willing to sell SEll SELL !!!

login_user

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 02:23 AM »
Am pretty sure Login user has a frame n fork he is willing to sell SEll SELL !!!

Not me dude  :( but your right there was one floating around,not sure who it was though  :-[  :daumenhoch:

KGB Matt

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 06:29 AM »
I think they were made by MT Racing.

A Mate of mine has a smartfox which i believe was the cheaper version.

Matt

Jazzchimp

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 09:27 AM »
They are pretty rare! since he metioned it to me I've been looking around and can't even see one in the museum. Could these be one of the rarest bikes, like teh halfords Turbo or the Peugeots

mr.magoo

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Are we talking about the Fox's, as made by the MT fox factory......i raced for them...for a short while.....but generally the chrome was poor finish, and very prone to rust.....so would imagine that they would be rare, cos most people would have discarded them long ago.

mr.magoo

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 09:52 AM »
somewhere in the house i have old copies of Action bike with double page adverts for Fox Factory, showing all bikes, problem is have not got a clue how to get it on here...........ad shows Fox, Smartfox, superfox, silverfox, white fox and microfox........i cant remember exactly, but when i raced for them i think they were releasing the aerofox, BUT can't remember if that was true, or something i made up, cos i was racing my TA with fox stickers.,...anyhow add is in actionbike no22, sept 84, if anyone lets me know how to show it, i will try.

kamodo

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:57 AM »
Were MT racing based in Smarden in Kent Magoo ?

Not far from Ammaco........?

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 12:00 PM »
i had an MT Silver (or Super) Fox BUTD, snapped the forks ! Nice looking bikes for the money !
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

mr.magoo

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Yes MT factory was at Marley farm,Smarden, I know ammaco was in the area, but never went there. Just gave me bits at the tracks........best bit was getting loadsa freeBees at Champion of champions at Earls Court???? from co sponsors

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Was the super fox the one with the black ally three piece crank? Silver spider? If it was would love one of them cranks.

mr.magoo

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Just checked Action Bike, all variants have one piece, but that was back in sept 84, may well have changed the spec as they became more popular.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Robby Rupe ( Eric's bro ) rode AA Pro for MT Racing around 85/86'ish .

Was MT Racing ( Fox ) associated with Muddy Fox as in same company ? .

mr.magoo

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Really woudn't like to say, at the time i could not decide, as muddy fox was state of the art in MTB, but the bmx's if i remember
were heavy as a sherman tank (Hence why i raced my TA stickered up) and i think they were made from high tensile steel....
although i do admit looking back at the bikes in Action bike, they didn't really look that bad.....but they were cheap....was that
what put people off?? could pick up a complete bike cheaper than i paid for my flight cranks or my ta alone.

theRuler

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 11:24 AM »
muddy fox wasn't related to mt racing

the superfoxes came with an alloy 3pc crank in 1984
the frames changed slightly over the few years they were in production. some had a small gusset under the downtubes, some didn't

the muddy fox bmxs were pretty crappy iirc

the mt racing fox range was better quality, some of them pretty good.

it seemed that most of the fox range shared the same frame, with differing levels of components

84profile

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 11:30 AM »
Is this what you boys are lookin for?

mr.magoo

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Totally confussed now?????? Thought i'd remebered talk of an aerofox coming out, but i raced for them in about 84/85??
Could it be that Mt were supplyling different spec to different parts of the globe, depending on popularity of their brand?

would not mind getting my hands on one of those, cos old skool ta's are a deffinate no-no unless i wanted a divorce.

selfpreservation

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 08:44 PM »
there was a smartfox and a whitefox too

snav69

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 08:59 PM »
This is The Fox

Paul  :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:05 PM by snav69 »

mr.magoo

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Yes I am guessing that both of these mags were not British, cos ads were totally different in action bike and bi-weekly bitd.
but yeah some of them look quality, perhaps if MT had given me an Aeropro I might have carried on racing for them.......

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Crusty has the frame n forks for sale Doh,  :LolLolLolLol:

Give him a PM

mr.magoo

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 09:00 PM »
which model, the silverfox jazzchimp was asking about or the aero i asked about????

thesku11s

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 10:02 AM »
dont know if the muddyfox & mt foxes were related.

But im currently trying to figure out what to do with this:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=46782.0

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Silverfox, Muddyfox

gfxgfx
gfx gfx