gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 12:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Hersden Today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden Today  (Read 1984 times)

TK The Mic

Hersden Today
« on: October 13, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Another top day in East Kent, 15 Old Skool riders, which saw Sats take the A final ahead of Mr Rusty, Jez Smith and Ratty. Shame some of the other top names couldn't make it , might have been a different story had we had a Sunday free.
We had 66 riders overall, which tells me that 2008 at Hersden could be bigger than ever.
Will we top the attendance record of 103 riders next year?

SEE YOU IN 2008

TK

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Hersden Today
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Was a quality day, some superb racing, especially the 24" boys who battled like mad things in the most entertaining class of the day.
796 has a battle to keep the crown of OSS dirtiest rider now that Bill Stups has learnt to tee bone and ride a proper bike, not one of of those "Freestyle things" and managed to secure his first ever first place (sweet at the top aint it Bill >:D)

The OSWS had 12 riders in the races, and theres bigger and better to come!!!

Once again, well done TK and Justin, as smooth as ever  :4_17_5:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Had a great day guys,thanks for all the help Ratty :daumenhoch: really enjoyed myself...cant wait for the next round at dagenham :coolsmiley:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 08:11 PM »
i missed a great day by the sounds of it

but hey ho

round 2 here i come

and all the best to hersden for 2008

any pix?

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Thanks to TK, Justin, Terry and Hersden for another top day of racing.

It was close all day in Cruiser with some good moves and place swapping in every moto.  Bill Stup rode well today and got some good gates with that one footed slingshot technique, leaving me, Steve Earl (SE) and Tony (796) to battle it out for the scraps.

I couldn't get on with the old school bike today.  Felt like I was fighting it down the first straight, but it did feel nice over the jumps.

Humps getting taken over the berm was a classic moment.  Hope the elder statesman of the series isn't too sore tomorrow morning.

There were some good take outs before the end of the 10 metre line today  :2gunsfiring_v1: which was funny (seeing as I wasn't on the end of them)  :LolLolLolLol:

Looking forward to Dagenham.  Should be a bit less crowded down the first straight  ;)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 09:06 PM »
Top day's racing at Hersden as always and big props to the Hersden crew for all their efforts.  I know there are photos around because I've seen them including the ones of me looking like a creature from the deep!!  That was so funny, catching KGB Matt's back wheel and going over the first berm, rolling into the weeds.  Softest landing I've ever had falling off a bike!!  Humps

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Humps getting taken over the berm was a classic moment.  Hope the elder statesman of the series isn't too sore tomorrow morning.

Here's my return to the track and I'll save the close-ups for the OSS Queen to poke fun at me!!  Humps

Twinkle

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Glad you all had a great day xx Nicholas is pleased as punch with his trophy so thanks for that :-)    Matthew isnt capable of putting any photos up yet I'm afraid his pushing up the Zzzzzzs already ... he doesnt run well on 3 hours sleep in 28 hours :-(

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 09:43 PM »
BigLavs pictures are up in the Racing section http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=46286.0 Some classic shots.  Humps

rory

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 10:22 PM »

Here's my return to the track and I'll save the close-ups for the OSS Queen to poke fun at me!!  Humps

humps, are fence rides/ wall rides legal in os racing. :daumenhoch:

biglav

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 11:36 PM »
well i think by the time humps finished that race he gave a new meaning to GRASSROOTS RACING LOL

biglav

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 11:52 PM »
Humps models 2008 Groove Grassroots race kit lol

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 12:43 AM »
Had a great day guys,thanks for all the help Ratty :daumenhoch: really enjoyed myself...cant wait for the next round at dagenham :coolsmiley:
Your more than welcome, and you looked stylish while poppin your racing cherry.  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 12:49 AM »
well as Bill hasnt taken the bate and replied, here for everyone is the proud moment our leader succeeded in standing on top of the podium, well done Bill.

Mr Rusty

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 07:28 AM »
Top day thanks to Justin, Tony and Terry

Chris

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 11:02 AM »
Humps models 2008 Groove Grassroots race kit lol

Adds a whole new meaning to GrassRoots Racing doesn't it!!  And I've been finding bits of that b****y stuff ever since I got home!!  Thanks Simon for the picture.  Humps

darkersomeday

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 03:04 PM »
camo on the track eh? :LolLolLolLol:

stealthy :daumenhoch:

is that an s&m seat youre sat on dude?

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 04:53 PM »
is that an s&m seat youre sat on dude?
Certainly is and I bought it about three weeks ago in OT Cycles @ Dartford for under fifteen quid!!  I got a tip-off they had it by some guys up Dartford Heath and when I saw it I had to have it.  Damn sight more comfortable for my fat a**e albeit I suspect it's not period enough for some peeps on here (no idea how old it is though it has 8mm rails so had to adapt my seatpost clamp).  Humps

se

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 01:45 PM »
Great day out thanks all. Amazing how much more knackering it is after a few months of not racing.

Hope to make Dagenham, will bring elbows too.  ::)

dialledbikes

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 08:10 PM »
Ratty/796, when will the full results/rankings be posted?

bmx-796

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 08:22 PM »
soon mike

jazzyje

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 08:27 PM »
thanks for the kind words fellas.got to say i think that was the smoothest run meeting of the year.even the compressor didnt play up.i was starting to flap a bit when i looked around a 11am and there was only the bexhill crew there.but you all made it and 66 riders for a saturday race is brilliant.
   i truly feel this has been our best year.loads of new riders bought in by the o/s series.lots of new local talent and the emergence of an under 5's class is awesome.people are getting to hear about us via the net and the regular press we have had ,and a few old riders not connected to rad are starting to drift back and bring their kids.
    myself, tk and terry have got the org pretty much down now and the meets are lot less stressy than before.seeing the local kids turn from surly little gits to freindly, helpfull and positive young un's is a buzz too.all because of BMX.a true family sport.

dialledbikes

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Hope to see you back on the track soon Justin.  We've had some good races over the last couple of seasons.  Dagenham in 2 weeks time and it's 1-1 at Daggers so far  ;) :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Hersden Today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx