gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  coasting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: coasting  (Read 927 times)

spesh

coasting
« on: October 22, 2007, 04:37 PM »
right then someone tell me how to do it as ive tried
i can wheelie sitting down and coast using the back brake perfectly but if i try standing up
i just seem to flip really quickly or wobble sideways unless i grip the seat with my knees
ive treid using the rear brake but that just seems to make me lose too much speed or stall
ive watched lots of vids with people doing it brakeless :wtf:
so whats the secret?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: coasting
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 04:42 PM »
balance 

Steve Shindig

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 04:44 PM »
Manuals?  Just practice like mad!   A tip is to lean real far back before very gently lifting the frontie... get your ass over the floor behind the backie.  There's a really solid balancing point and when you find it you'll be on a roll and brakes are pointless in that position.  Just pulling up the bars and standing upright will be super unstable.  Speed too, down a hill.... no brakes... heck yes.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:12 PM »
If you can comfortably do sitting down coaster wheelies now, then you're a good way there...  First things first, stop doing them.  If it's manuals you want to learn, then its manuals you've got to do  (obviously!)

Do as Stevie B has advised, but I would suggest that you cover the rear brake and learn to 'feather' it as required to stop you flipping.

Speed is your friend when learning, go as fast as is comfortable   ;)

Once you've got a taste for it you'll find your front wheel is lower than you imagine and you're using brakes less and less.   If you have a strong desire to do them truly brakeless, then you'll need to ignore me and not cover the rear brake at all.....

Lazarou

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Check out C.B.C.L's technique on the first part of this video.....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  coasting

gfxgfx
gfx gfx