gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Iconic Burner?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Iconic Burner?  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Iconic Burner?
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 11:30 PM »
The original Pro Burner think I wore a hole in the chrome staring a one in Kelly's Cycles in 82
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

dialledbikes

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 11:07 AM »
I never owned a Burner (not really my thing), but I always liked the look of the ones that Ruffell and Schofield rode with the blue, white and yellow paint jobs.  No offence to Burner fans, but just looking at the normal Burners you could tell the geometry was all over the place, but with the team bikes, they looked well sorted.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 11:38 AM »
1st ever bike was a black/gold ultra i loved it. Took me 3 years to kill it, which was due to an ambitious (warp speed) parachute jump at Knebworth performance bowl, I was soooooooo high till i landed  :D.

back to the thread......best looking / most iconic burner has to be the blue & yellow tuff and it was cheaper!!

Knebworth was such a cool place!!  did you ride Bowes as well?  if so where abouts you from mate?  i was born and grew up in Stevenage and we used to regularly ride over to knebworth and get in for free at the rear of the park..........the track was well knackering though!  i'd always be out of breath by the time i reached the big table at the end  :-\

Superkav

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 11:57 AM »
The most iconic was the Blue & Yellow MkI tuff without a doubt. Just looking at one takes me right back to standing in Halfords with my Mum. I was so awestruck at the colours and I just thought it was THE best thing I'd ever seen.
never mind the geometry, the colours make up for it  :smitten: :smitten:

spesh

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 11:59 AM »
i wanted a black and gold ultra but could only afford a red and yellow one from the catalogue  :'(
spent some fantastic times down southsea skatepark on it tho :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 12:04 PM »
I don't ever remember Raleigh doing the Tuff in red??  i only ever saw blue ones!  :-\

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 12:31 PM »
mk 1 blue yellow tuff burner.
man i'd have killed for one of them when they first came out.

i'd like to do me one of them one of the days.
dave the bmxing gypo

munners

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 01:00 PM »
Im doing one Dord and i cant wait to get started. Picked it up last night. Even got the original tyres on - APPARENTLY!

You aint a collector if you have never had a blue tuff burner!

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Mark 1 and a Mark 2 Tuff burner? I see some with hideous yellow mags on ebay all the time. What ones are these?

spike371

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 02:54 PM »
Only ever had one burner bitd.  So for me it has to be the Mk1 cromo  :smitten:

And yes, this is mine from back then after a makeover  :)

mattnice

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Im doing one Dord and i cant wait to get started. Picked it up last night. Even got the original tyres on - APPARENTLY!

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Mark 1 and a Mark 2 Tuff burner? I see some with hideous yellow mags on ebay all the time. What ones are these?

horrible mags you mean the delightful simplex mags,the mk2  didn't have tuffs,

munners

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 03:14 PM »

why thank you sir.

SaMAlex

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 03:15 PM »

The frames were diferent too, right? On the mk2, they cut the tubes to fit together ... on the mk1s they just crushed the down tube flat in a vice and tack welded it to the BB.

mattnice

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 03:36 PM »
too be honest i never spent much time looking at Burners  :LolLolLolLol:

Superkav

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 04:47 PM »
MkI has a steel round tube frame with a gusset at the head tube 1" seat tube. The MkII has oval tubing, no gusset a 22.2mm seat tube and only came with yellow Simplex 7 spoke mags.
The MkII is called a mag Burner I think whereas the MkI is the only one thats called a Tuff, presumably because it has Tuffs on.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:49 PM by Superkav »

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 05:45 PM »
definitely the yellow and blue...

the team aero pro and the andy ruffell colour does look good, probably the best they done.  but as far as iconic, it has got to be the yellow and blue.

the yellow/blue one is a looptail trev.......

hmmmm?

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Any that are in a skip cos that's the best place for them  :LolLolLolLol:

Sorry guys.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Red tuff burner was easy to get go to a stockist and they just swapped the stuff to make it, and the other became a plain blue burner.

kick303

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 09:40 PM »
1st ever bike was a black/gold ultra i loved it. Took me 3 years to kill it, which was due to an ambitious (warp speed) parachute jump at Knebworth performance bowl, I was soooooooo high till i landed  :D.

back to the thread......best looking / most iconic burner has to be the blue & yellow tuff and it was cheaper!!

Knebworth was such a cool place!!  did you ride Bowes as well?  if so where abouts you from mate?  i was born and grew up in Stevenage and we used to regularly ride over to knebworth and get in for free at the rear of the park..........the track was well knackering though!  i'd always be out of breath by the time i reached the big table at the end  :-\

Pickle...i am a stevenage boy (an old one now) and i still ride Bowes whenever poss.. currently aboard a Sunday.... sure we've crossed paths mate i been riding for 25 years....Knebworth was the best lazy days in the sun ice cream shop 20 seconds walk away and a dip in the pool at the novotel on the way home..... wish it was still there!!!  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Iconic Burner?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx