gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975641 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 09:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Mr Stupple check it out
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mr Stupple check it out  (Read 2174 times)

mike pardon

Mr Stupple check it out
« on: November 18, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Hey Billy check this out from a mag i found, remember i was saying about that demo we all did? Well this is the ad for it..ha ha

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Mr Stupple check it out
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 11:07 AM »
We need to get Ruffell on this site. That would be fun. He'd take some slagging, especially about that XR3i or whatever he had..lol.   
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 11:08 AM »
got any pics from that show mike?

mike pardon

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Nah mate, just memories, I can take a slagging to you cant be to serious. I know iam a shuffle munsterer thats the best bit...

I will look in the pic draw and see what goodies i can come up with.. see ya later. Iam off to town for a cheap curry

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 09:28 PM »
I`ve got the ABMX mag with a report on that demo Mike, I`ll try and scan it later and post it up, happy days  ;)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Ramp Rat

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 07:28 AM »
I Pike, I was at that Show, F#$@% knows how we ended up riding in that show, I think TLB hooked us up. We were called the Ashstead Rock Steady Crew, Tony  Mac, Darren Crisp, Ralph Tribe and me....that place was a mad house, fans were going wild. Here's a pic of billy from that Demo.

mike pardon

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 12:17 AM »
I Pike, I was at that Show, F#$@% knows how we ended up riding in that show, I think TLB hooked us up. We were called the Ashstead Rock Steady Crew, Tony  Mac, Darren Crisp, Ralph Tribe and me....that place was a mad house, fans were going wild. Here's a pic of billy from that Demo.

No way thats a stoker!!!!!!!! How goods that pic of Bill?  there a window above him and we aired up to that. I think!!!
take care Mike

Ramp Rat

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 03:38 AM »
Here's another one from that show...like a mentioned earlier, the fans were nuts that day  :idiot2:  they were asking for our autographs...we were nobody.  :crazy2:

LOve the Oakley braces, a few years before that, those braces would have been thin red ones with some Loafers, sta-press, Fred Perrey, Harrington full of 2-Tone patches and badges. Rude Boys..Rude Boys...(still got my 2-Tone collection)  :coolsmiley:

mike pardon

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Here's another one from that show...like a mentioned earlier, the fans were nuts that day  :idiot2:  they were asking for our autographs...we were nobody.  :crazy2:

LOve the Oakley braces, a few years before that, those braces would have been thin red ones with some Loafers, sta-press, Fred Perrey, Harrington full of 2-Tone patches and badges. Rude Boys..Rude Boys...(still got my 2-Tone collection)  :coolsmiley:
Hiya mate great pics i remember that crowd being the maddest ever. We had to get security to get out. It was all downhill from there! Now it takes security to throw us out!! Hey keep them pictures coming great memories. Mike

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Found the article in ABMX :

Geth

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Who's that young skinny youth in the bottom right hand pic!?

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 10:17 PM »
hehe, keep em comming guys ;)

mike pardon

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Found the article in ABMX :

Great history going on there how good is the crowd???

Hey talk about north south divide..How partisan were ABMX? giving the north west duo a bit of grief eh.. Did you read it.?It was always the case though. I think in my time in bmx they only ever printed two or three pics of me( no great shakes). It wasnt just me they did it to most northern bmxers got the same. The best bit was in the mid to late eighties when (said  Official BMX hardcore bmx mag) suddenly started putting skating in its pages and then Transformed into RAD. then complete skateboard!!! Whats that all about?
But its gets better they started to give people (certain undisclosed former bmxers who happened to skate and always did) stick about "TRANSFORMING" remember all that about transformers? Robots in disguise....Tim leighton boyce was always a cool guy but i do find that whole thing a real laugh....
I shall stick to my whippets and meat pies thanks, its grim up north anyway

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 11:27 PM »
That spread of you at Rom in Freestyle BMX is good though Mike, I found that copy too so when you get back from oz drop me a line and I`ll post it to ya  :coolsmiley:

daz bmx it!

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Hey,I never new Ray Winstone used to ride for Skyway bitd?  ;) ;D (love the old pics brings it all back 8))

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Mr Stupple check it out

gfxgfx
gfx gfx