gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  ?new school old school mid school????????????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ?new school old school mid school????????????  (Read 1553 times)

motomagII

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: ?new school old school mid school????????????
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 07:58 PM »
90s

YGT

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:00 PM »
1998 KHE Beater .......

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Jay Davis' signature frame.  Not a bad ride at all, and I've personally never seen or heard of a broken one.  I think we can assume it ain't light though   ;)

subversion

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 09:02 PM »
brings back memories ;)

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Nearly bought one of those from Superbike in Ilford years ago. Glad I opted for the Big Daddy instead.
Couldn't figure out the forks, they seemed to be part Ahead-Set and part threaded. Was the compression bolt screwed on like a lid rather than by star-fangled jobby?
Nice frame, the welds were a work of art.

welsh denny

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 12:19 AM »
Nearly bought one of those from Superbike in Ilford years ago. Glad I opted for the Big Daddy instead.
Couldn't figure out the forks, they seemed to be part Ahead-Set and part threaded. Was the compression bolt screwed on like a lid rather than by star-fangled jobby?
Nice frame, the welds were a work of art.
got to know jason and the bristol crew well when they asked me about making a video about their riding/drinking antics. jase ruled on his beater (the bristol video is on my youtube)
/>
/>
/>
/>the forks used were probably similar to dragonfly mosher forks. i ran these on my catweazle and they were great. it was basically a 1" version of the aheadset and the top part was threaded for top nut to get right compression for the stem/headset so you didn'y need a star washer thingy, while the clamp on stem did what they do now. had a couple big dady's over the years.the usa se made version was great apart from the shit weak dropouts which bent too easily, the later taiwan one i had had some changes and thank god the dropout thickness was one of them. great to look at. (actually got a hoffman sd4 f & f under the stairs-same geometry as big daddy.)

now this was a heavy bike. rode for a few years until bust up me knee on it. musta been 40 lb plus.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  ?new school old school mid school????????????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx