gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  mike canning riding cardiff ramp room 1987......................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mike canning riding cardiff ramp room 1987......................  (Read 1306 times)

welsh denny

a few pics of mike canning blasting in cardiff ramp room back in 1987. pics courtesy of chris fowler. (Chris got hundreds of negatives from the 80's which need to be reprinted but it's gonna cost a fortune. I tried a cheap scanner which is supposed to convert em from negs to reg pic on the pc but could never get it to work properly. any ideas out there folks?)

andy619

Re: mike canning riding cardiff ramp room 1987......................
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 03:01 PM »
Mike Canning was rad.  I had lunch with Lee reynolds on Saturday and we were reminising about old school riders and Mike was one of them.

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I had lunch with Lee reynolds on Saturday.

Does Lee still look like a Cure fan?

(sorry, that is reference to a thread on here about old Goths, and another about how old Robert Smith looks now)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 03:24 PM »
is lee still riding as great rider bitd
no1stuntmaster on instagram

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Mike was rad.  Does he still ride?  Last time I saw him he was working at Powerhouse bike shop in Haywards Heath.  Must be at least 10 years ago.

andy619

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Lee will be riding again in a week and a half.  He's dusting off his bike at the moment, we are supposed to go ride the big halfpipe in Clairemont.  I'm not sure about the cure fan, but I can say he's younger than me yet more gray hair. ;D
I don't know if Mike still rides but I think there are some members on here that have some contact with him.  I bet he could still rip.

Trev

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 04:21 PM »
Mike is still riding.  He rides with Radhab quite a bit.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 05:10 PM »
Lee will be riding again in a week and a half.  He's dusting off his bike at the moment, we are supposed to go ride the big halfpipe in Clairemont.  I'm not sure about the cure fan, but I can say he's younger than me yet more gray hair. ;D

Lee and I were introduced at an early 90s comp at Portsmouth by Andy Brown, his (Lee's) girlfriend handed out the trophies & stuff. Say hi from me if he remembers -we also met at a couple of Alfreton comps, I have a couple of pics of those BEAUTIFUL cancan lookbacks at unreal heights.
Last I heard about Lee's riding was that his ankle was so badly knackered he wasn't to do it ever again, so it's good to hear he's back on two wheels.

Nothing wrong with grey hair, by the way.

rosscoe

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 07:58 PM »
was that Andy Reardons old hangout???

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Mike is still riding.  He rides with Radhab quite a bit.

And he does still rip too  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

the_cyclops

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 11:53 PM »
Mike was rad.  Does he still ride?  Last time I saw him he was working at Powerhouse bike shop in Haywards Heath.  Must be at least 10 years ago.

Powerhouse eh?

I have some memories of that lot!

All I can say is Cassie Heighton+Party+booze=Happy Cyclops  >:D

Oh yeah.......Mike was RAD indeed
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 11:56 PM by the_cyclops »

Trev

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 12:12 AM »
we're trying to get Mike to the Xmas bash, although injury is keeping him off a bike for the rest of the year...

RADHAB

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Mike and I used to be members of the Noize trick team with Dean Rush, Dave Munt and The Zoid. He did a couple of shows a few weeks ago with Dennis Wingham for team Extreme in Jersey...so he's still ripping the vert but as Trev said he's suffering from injury at the moment......thanks to Dennis pushing Mike!!!!

I am organising a day out for a few of the old Pro's with the Zoid, so keep your eyes open for some wicked pics and vids soon.

RH
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 02:09 PM by RADHAB »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  mike canning riding cardiff ramp room 1987......................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx