gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 08:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Craig Campbell ProLite
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Craig Campbell ProLite  (Read 9644 times)

rosscoe

Craig Campbell ProLite
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:27 PM »
anybody do these in their collections??? twas me fave machine for a looong time

just wondering

Lazarou

Re: Craig Campbell ProLite
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:28 PM »
There are a couple on here, i know Moose and Stidds have one.....

Trev

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 01:19 AM »
it's probably owned by one of the guys mentioned above. but someone on here has a very sexy baby blue Prolite CC...  :smitten:

muttley

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:16 AM »
Have a peek in the museum buddy, its rather lush  :smitten:

chrome andy

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 10:05 PM »
i have rusty chrome one in the loft somewhere...frame is cracked and the forks twisted
was a perfect ride bitd

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I'd love to get hold of one of these, it's probably at the top of my wish list if I'm honest. The geometry was so far in front of its self at the time and it was a superb ramp/park bike. I only rode one briefly bitd but I just loved it straight away.

As I've always said my 84 Sport was my all time favourite bike, felt more comfortable then anything I ever had (performer came very close) but I'm sure had I owned one of these it would have topped the lot. I just hope I can get my hands on one before I meet my maker so to speak - lol!

I'm loving the one in the pic from the museum - awesome!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 01:37 AM »
That baby blue CC is mine.

It really is a beautiful bike, but I am just about to put her up for sale. 

Watch this space.

Some of my favourite pictures of it.

This is the day I put the decals on.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 09:19 AM »
Give me a shout dude when you put her up for sale.  ;)

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Ramp Rat

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 12:30 AM »
Love this bike       :smitten:

- one of my fav freestyle bikes...the loop tail, the decals, the small platform. Great looking bike. I used to ride one and I liked it better than the Street Beat.

Me on my Pro-Lite '85

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 12:33 AM »
Love this bike       :smitten:

- one of my fav freestyle bikes...the loop tail, the decals, the small platform. Great looking bike. I used to ride one and I liked it better than the Street Beat.

Me on my Pro-Lite '85

Cool pic, yours in the pic does not have a looptail, is it an earlier or later one?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Ramp Rat

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 02:07 AM »
 I noticed that too, strange...it must have been an earlier proto-type edition, I prefer the looptail, always loved loop tails.

madall

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 04:04 AM »
Loop tail were all reynolds 531 tubing, the non loop tail was Cro-mo 4130

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 10:22 AM »
Loop tail were all reynolds 531 tubing, the non loop tail was Cro-mo 4130

Never knew they did two different versions.......there you go!

Cool pic damon!

ligbee

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 11:52 AM »
The non looptail was just badged Prolite freestyler and did'nt have the down tube gusset fitted, the looptail (531) was the CC model.

ligbee.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:55 AM by ligbee »

Ramp Rat

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 05:35 AM »
Stidds - don't sell it, your regret it for ever...you have a master piece of a build you have there and a bit of British History  :Great_Britain:

Thanks Ligbee - so had the dodgy one  >:(   at least is was Cromoly  ;)

Had to get the old photo album out and see if Pete ever game me a CC model, loos like all my Prolite's were the non- loop tailed one. Pikey sponsorship  :tickedoff:

Here's a pic of me and Tony Mac at a demo somewhere with Raleigh and Vincent, (my memory is faint, but I bet Pepi was there that day, bless his soul, loved that guy) early sposorship, we still didn't have the team race pants...same day as Live Aid, I remember cause my uncle had tix to Live Aid and invited me, but I was more interested in doing a demo. BMX forever man! Always loves the Orange Decals, add some Orange Tuffs and it's all sweet!

These pics are on my white (non- loop tail) Prolite...Surbiton Race Track

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 08:52 AM »
Even cooler pics Damon - love that one footer, extension, style, hight! Don't take this the wrong way but you, Carlo and Mick Hudson always amazed me as to how high you used to get for little fellas. Me old mate Dave Slade was never tall but he was stocky and strong as an ox for his size.

Not taking the Mick mate it's just an observasion, any more pics then get them up!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Excellent pics, it always amazes me how high everyone used to go on those skinny little ramps  :shocked:

The one footer, stretched to the max is a great pic  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Ramp Rat

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 05:20 PM »
hey Daz - that's funny - I was a small fella back then, I started to grow when I was 19, (I'm now a whopping 5'9" 155lbs) so from 13-18 I looked like I was 13, everyone thought Fraser and me were the same age at the time, but he's 4 years younger than me....I'm the same age as Craig, Tony and Neil....it was a real drag trying to get a drink in a pub when they didn't believe I was of age.  :tickedoff:

I remember Dave Slade, great bloke, we used to hang out, he turned me on to Black Flag and 7 Seconds etc.

SaMAlex

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 05:30 PM »
everyone thought Fraser and me were the same age at the time, but he's 4 years younger than me.

I thought you and Fraser were the same age. I ALMOST rode in the same comp/group as you 2 and Carlo ... but maybe you werent going to ride in that group at all? It was at Mons, and I was riding in the under 16s but Pete Hawkins didnt let 'his' team ride and pulled you all out. Politics eh! I ended up riding in a group with 2 other riders but I crashed real bad and came last! haha.

DR VINOAH

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 05:40 PM »
these recollections of that era are outstanding
this was around the time i started to move away from bmx
but still bought action bike
and revelled in features such as mons jams etc

damon...................... black flag :smitten:

Ramp Rat

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 06:13 PM »
Alex - before I rode freestyle , I raced, but being as small I was for my age put me a slight disadvantage...so at Chatham I enterend in the 12 age group and ended up winning and breating one of the big names of that age group, (cann't remember who) anyway, the organizers of the race meeting must have smelled a rat and checked my membership and shaw my DOB and just as I was getting my Trophy, I got diqualified, it was very embarrassing at the time, but very funny now.  :2funny:

yeah - I looked as old as Carlo and Fraser...being light has it's advantages.

[/quote]

I thought you and Fraser were the same age. I ALMOST rode in the same comp/group as you 2 and Carlo ... but maybe you werent going to ride in that group at all? It was at Mons, and I was riding in the under 16s but Pete Hawkins didnt let 'his' team ride and pulled you all out. Politics eh! I ended up riding in a group with 2 other riders but I crashed real bad and came last! haha.
[/quote]

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 07:20 PM »
hey Daz - that's funny - I was a small fella back then, I started to grow when I was 19, (I'm now a whopping 5'9" 155lbs) so from 13-18 I looked like I was 13, everyone thought Fraser and me were the same age at the time, but he's 4 years younger than me....I'm the same age as Craig, Tony and Neil....it was a real drag trying to get a drink in a pub when they didn't believe I was of age.  :tickedoff:

I remember Dave Slade, great bloke, we used to hang out, he turned me on to Black Flag and 7 Seconds etc.

Ha ha, what's even funnier is you're now as tall as me! This might sound daft but I was 5'10" before I went in the Paras but after many years of battering my spine jumping out of plains and having 2 discs replaced in my lower back I'm a fraction over 5'9" myself these days. I did grow a bit earlier than you though, I was one of those who grew at 13 but never got any taller, just filled out more!

You got any more pics? Get them up if you have, love to see them, I've hardly got any of me and Dave and the Sheffield mob from bitd. I've got a couple of me and Dave S at Southsea (83) and some from James Hudson's halfpipe somewhere with me, Dave, Mekon, Jason Ellis, the Hudson brothers and a few others and that's about it. I was never one for photos for some reason but I really regret it now!

I'm sure some of the Sheffield lads have got some but only really in touch with Dave and Dino Squillino these days. Dave spends most of his time in L.A. and Dino lives in Glasgow now so it's more a txt, email, phone relationship - lol! We meet up occasionally for a beer but that's about it.

Ramp Rat

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Daz - do a search under my user id, you shouldl find lots of pics I've posted here on the site.

Say hi to Dave for me. If he's in LA, tell him to give send me an email. It would be great to meet up.

Cheers - Damon

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Craig Campbell ProLite

gfxgfx
gfx gfx