gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 08:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  My new racer for the OSWS 07, big up to Ratty !!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My new racer for the OSWS 07, big up to Ratty !!!!!!  (Read 5932 times)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: My new racer for the OSWS 07, big up to Ratty !!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 09:37 PM »
The only thing is Steve your not old enough for the 40+  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Steve, I just replied to your PM,

The rules as they stand allow any bike with 1" headset and caliper brakes, I personally felt that it would have been nice to exclude any bike not manufactured in the 1980s, this caused a stink and threatened the future of the OSS races. Remember why the OSS was formed? to allow us old farts to have a go at racing again, we didnt moan when the odd 40 year old at Braintree joined in on his nu skool Haro, its the spirit of it not the fookin rules. How anal is it gonna get?

To be honest, if one more question is raised about the rules I am ready to quit. It hurts me to say this, but life is too short to play nanny to people who have reached their 30s.

IF THE RULES DONT SUIT YOU, DONT RACE OSS

Steve, I want you to stay, and I will do anything to keep you on board, but the rules cant change again.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Whilst I have some sympathy with what Steve has said the fact is that some of the bigger guys who ride in the Series would at best look stupid on the short top-tubed bikes whilst the smaller (fitter) guys/gals will look just fine and will blitz the big boys.  However, the rules have been drawn and provide a solid foundation with which to work in my opinion.  If there's any cause for concern, it's not so much about the age of the bike but more so the age of the rider - but that's another story.  It's starting to occur to me why the original Alan's Series faltered.  I know others on this Forum who get rather anal about the eligibility of bikes (fortunately the main protagonist doesn't venture into this section but might if provoked) and is of the opinion that "Old School" is as much about the rider as the bike - again another story.  

What we should bear in mind here, and by the way that's a lovely bike you've put together Russ, is the pleasure that the Series has brought to so many who a couple of years ago wouldn't have dreamed of venturing out onto a BMX track again!!  The spin-off to the OSS is the number of riders who are now talking about entering into the Masters class and/or Cruiser classes against the latter day stars of the sport.  And equally we have a number of their children entering the sport at Regional level which means we have a win-win situation as far as the clubs organising meetings are concerned.  And, as if that wasn't enough, we have also seen OSS people taking a very active role within clubs which means they are now supporting the sport that gave them so much pleasure in the past and helping keep the sport alive for future generations.

There are parallels in other sports for historic and veteran racing which could be our lead and in which the silhouette is more important than the mechanics.  They accept that some modern-day technology is vital to aid safety and availabilty of parts dictates use of modern alternatives.

In conclusion, please, please, please don't let's get too hung up on technicalities but rather continue being a 'support' class to give a few older riders the chance to have a whole heap of fun.  Humps

PS:  Ratty's post appeared whilst I was typing this (OK, I'm slow) but I'm not going to reread it all and edit because I think it stands on its own anyway.  My personal thanks to Ratty for everything he's put into the OSS and long may it continue.

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 09:54 PM »
 Once upon a time at a bmx track far far away there stood a great winter series number 1 champion who vowed to comeback after injury and challenge again .........looks like hes just a whinging champion after all........take a long hard toak and think about what your saying steve you are obviously quite happy to give up the series without realising its the Od School Boys that make it an old school series..... bikes a side.........maybe you should change your dj name to DAFT FADER :rant:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:12 PM by Fiolas Lovechild »

bmx-796

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 10:04 PM »
i agree just get on with it
i would never moan about n/sbikes in a o/s race :angel:

se bikes

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 10:07 PM »
i agree just get on with it
i would never moan about n/sbikes in a o/s race :angel:

pram

trolley

lol, r cruisers OK tho ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Steve I hope you continue to race with us as I find you a good crack and it's great to have you around.

On a personal level I think the rules are perfect as they are and we just need to concentrate on racing and having a bloomin' good laugh doing it.

The series started to get a bit serious at the end of the Summer series and I think we need to inject the fun back into it a little more. We all have things going on in our private lives be they new business ventures or other issues but we need to keep the race track a light hearted fun place to be with a group of mates that we enjoy racing against.

One of the main reason's I got back into racing again was seeing pictures of Humps riding round with an insane grin permanently plastered on his face. That sold the idea to me and I'm so glad it did as I've had a lot of fun over the last 3 years.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2007, 10:08 PM »
It's 22:08 and we're on Page 3 already.  Time for bed!!  Catch up on the next fourteen pages tomorrow morning at work.  Goodnight.  Humps

bmx-796

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 10:14 PM »
my new bike osws

i will put tuffs on it

se bikes

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 10:17 PM »
you fkin crack me up Tone :LolLolLolLol: anyway put that N/S piece of shit away and get back with the programme ::)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Tone, doesnt matter what you ride, your still never gonna beat me >:D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Don't put Tuffs on it. please.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 10:23 PM »
Guys by all means have a debate about the OSS but theres no need to start taking pot shots at Steve here, you have to remember that the OSS wasn`t the start of Old School racing at regionals, that started a little time before even Daggers was started, and Steve was one of the original old school racers, so if it wasn`t for him and a few others there maybe wouldn`t have been any OSS at all  :police:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Guys by all means have a debate about the OSS but theres no need to start taking pot shots at Steve here, you have to remember that the OSS wasn`t the start of Old School racing at regionals, that started a little time before even Daggers was started, and Steve was one of the original old school racers, so if it wasn`t for him and a few others there maybe wouldn`t have been any OSS at all  :police:
Tbh, its not having a go at Steve, Its the underlying debate about what an OS bike constitutes, My opinion closely reflects steves, but the OSS is as much about the riders as it is the bikes, this debate needs to be resolved so the OSS can move on.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007, 10:29 PM »
tsk tsk.
ding dong

hooga1975

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2007, 10:31 PM »
Come on lads, it aint worth arguing about, it is ment to be FUN!!!!!!   I have had some great laughs during the summer series and it wouldnt be the same if you were not about.  I would hate to think you were going to give up Steve over Russ's bike.  Come on mate, please have a rethink, there is always a space in my van for the trip to Hersden for the start of the winter series.

se bikes

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2007, 10:33 PM »
Anyone up for a mud wrestle to sort it :daumenhoch: Royston again  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Guys by all means have a debate about the OSS but theres no need to start taking pot shots at Steve here, you have to remember that the OSS wasn`t the start of Old School racing at regionals, that started a little time before even Daggers was started, and Steve was one of the original old school racers, so if it wasn`t for him and a few others there maybe wouldn`t have been any OSS at all  :police:
Tbh, its not having a go at Steve, Its the underlying debate about what an OS bike constitutes, My opinion closely reflects steves, but the OSS is as much about the riders as it is the bikes, this debate needs to be resolved so the OSS can move on.

There was only one member that seemed to be having a dig at Steve, so his posts have been deleted, the rest of you please carry on  :daumenhoch:

bmx-796

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2007, 10:35 PM »
i would not upset steve
he is no1

se bikes

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Stop typing for the old fart  :LolLolLolLol:

gossa

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2007, 10:40 PM »
God I feel lost, too new for old school, too old for new school, help!!!!

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 10:41 PM »
God I feel lost, too new for old school, too old for new school, help!!!!

mid school.

don't worry, i don't charge :LolLolLolLol:
ding dong

Fiolas Lovechild

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 10:46 PM »
Apologies to rad , apologies to Stevie you know i luv ya really just really frustrated that you prepared to give up on something that means so much to so many ........didnt Winston Churchill say something like that....... oh go on then delete me again

bmx-796

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 10:47 PM »
let,s have a vote on it

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 10:47 PM »
steve mate    i hope this puts it all into prospective,  old skool is old skool, early eighties, mid, and late,

at our age who gives a fook,  surely for most guys it's about racing one last time,  against old pros, beginners

and those 12 year old kids that are now 35+ and wanting a go,  to race against the guys you saw in the mags of

the 80s,   steve at our age it's got to be about fun,a day out a laugh and to race against RATTY ;D  and beat ratty.

really,  does it matter if a few parts are changed,  will it make that fat old git go faster,  probs not

if i was racing, for me to go faster i would give the bike to my little billy ;D   that will be the fastest my bike would go ;)

see what i mean mate,  have a laugh,  be competetive but keep it real and just thank god i cant race again :-\

i know batty boy would be cacking it :knuppel2:    steve  some of us did race for teams in the 80s and as much as it

was great,   you lot look to be having a lot more fun and winning races ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 12:52 AM by SuperBikeDan »
For powder coating drop me a pm

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  My new racer for the OSWS 07, big up to Ratty !!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx