gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  S&M Mad Dog?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M Mad Dog?  (Read 1972 times)

dialledbikes

S&M Mad Dog?
« on: September 29, 2007, 07:25 PM »
So Alex, is this your holy grail?  Or is it merely another decoy despatched by the Priory of Sion to throw the evil Opus Dei off the trail?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 07:44 PM by dialledbikes »

SaMAlex

Re: S&M Mad Dog?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 07:36 PM »
thanks mike. so much for it staying low key!!!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

rory

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 07:41 PM »
it will be interesting how much it goes for.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 07:42 PM »
cat bag out of

darkersomeday

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 07:44 PM »
i bet that dudes message box is bouncing!

theres threads popping up about this listing all over the shop,

is it real though!??

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 07:45 PM »
Oops, sorry guys.  Link removed.

But is it a real one? Or just a stickered up Cook Bros?

There was also a Holmes on there yesterday with Prince Alberts.  Wonder who got that?

the_cyclops

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Yay! i

m the current high bidder!

I should be though as ive put my maximum bid at $14000.01

Only joking ;D

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Mike, you got a link to the holmes with the PAs, I missed that one. What did it go for?

I think that mad dog is real but a very early one, and its almost hard to tell when a cooks bros stop and a mad dog started (on the real early mad dogs). It was only after a while they started doing their own S&M thing on the frames they got made for them.

YGT

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 08:44 PM »
Iput on what I thought was a really high bid but still didnt meet reserve .... obviously this is meant to sell for major $$$$$

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 08:52 PM »
come on, lets start saying what we thing it will go for? Us in the UK have got the 2$:1£ advantage, but I dont think that will make me wanna go silly.

I'll take a guess at it going for $500. I think if I paid that much Id want it to have half decant decals on it. Ive paid less than that for very nice early S&Ms, but for complete bikes with great parts on them. I think the early S&M prices have changed thanks to the 20 year aniversary. Everyone wants a mad dog now!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 09:01 PM »
We can`t guess what price it`s going to go for because the links gone  :knuppel2:

So I`ll have a punt at $750 seeing as I`ve got no idea what we`re talking about  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

YGT

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 09:04 PM »
is it a real mad dog though? ....
there is a sugestion its a very rare non loop tale cooks bros frame.

I bid 420 and didnt even meet reserve.

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 09:06 PM »
here you go. Im sure anyone who wanted to find a "S&M Maddog frame" could search for one, easy enough, so there is no harm in the link being up here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280157971754&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

Bill, you might be able to tell me if it looks more like a non-loop CooksBros frame (instead of an S&M at all). Maybe Ratty will know? Maybe someone is bidding on it, thinking "hey, there is a non-loop CBR on Ebay and its been wrongly listed. I'll get it for next to nothing!". haha.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 09:31 PM »
I haven`t got a clue Alex, but I wouldn`t pay all that much for it myself, tbh it looks like a cheap catolog f/f to me, sorry  :-\

SaMAlex

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 09:36 PM »
I haven`t got a clue Alex, but I wouldn`t pay all that much for it myself, tbh it looks like a cheap catolog f/f to me, sorry  :-\

Yeah Bill, the mad dog frames werent that nice to ride. Its more about what it stood for, and what it started than how good the frame is. Lets face it, NS bikes are way better to ride than most OS stuff, but thats not what collecting is about. The mad dog is the first S&M frame, regardless of what it was like.

the_cyclops

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 09:46 PM »
it looks like a cheap catolog f/f to me, sorry  :-\

Thats got to be the quote of the month  ;D

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 10:12 PM »
Sorry guys I didn`t mean to piss on it, but what I ment was if I saw that f/f in a bike shop I wouldn`t give it a second glance as it looks like a pos, although I know its not  :angel:

the_cyclops

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 10:15 PM »
Sorry guys I didn`t mean to piss on it, but what I ment was if I saw that f/f in a bike shop I wouldn`t give it a second glance as it looks like a pos, although I know its not  :angel:

Thats what I meant!

gossa

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 11:14 PM »
[ The mad dog is the first S&M frame, regardless of what it was like.
[/quote]

tsk, tsk, shame on you Alex, what about the K9 D-zine?  That was the first S&M, whippersnapper!

SaMAlex

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 11:16 PM »

tsk, tsk, shame on you Alex, what about the K9 D-zine?  That was the first S&M, whippersnapper!
[/quote]

yeah, I did read that in the latest Dig ... Id never heard of it before. Tell me more, OB-goz

dialledbikes

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 11:20 PM »

Lazarou

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 11:23 PM »

yeah, I did read that in the latest Dig ... Id never heard of it before. Tell me more, OB-goz
[/quote]

It's a new one on me too! I'm intrigued!

SaMAlex

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 11:32 PM »

It's a new one on me too! I'm intrigued!
[/quote]

I think it was just the very first run of not many S&M frames. Then they tweaked a few things for the next run and changed the name to the Mad Dog. Lets start saying that bike on Ebay isnt a Mad Dog, its a "K9 D-zine"!!! (hey, it might be!)

SaMAlex

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 11:41 PM »
Alex, the Holmes with PAs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Early-90s-Vintage-S-M-BMX-bike_W0QQitemZ330170039853QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64644QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Still for sale.  I thought it had gone.

Mike, that is a later Holmes cos its a-head. All the parts look like they are period correct, including the first gen PAs. Very nice really. Im guessing as there are 6 days left, he relisted it. that is a high starting price, (although he might well get it)

gossa

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 11:45 PM »
The K-9 D-Zine was the proto to the Mad Dog (hey, I haven't read that 20years of S&M so i'm just going in memory here!!!), I think it was made by Cook Bros but I don't think Chris and Greg had more than a few made to see how it could work out.  

You all know Greg right?  Everyone thinks S&M stands for 'Scott & Moeller' after the founders but The S actually stands for 'Swingrover' as that is the real name of Chris's early partner.  Chris thought Swingrover and Moeller sounded gay (you don't say!)  so they just changed it to Scott.  Greg Scott (Greg Swingrover) sold up to Chris real early on and went to work for GT (warehouse/shipping manager) but went on to be the main main at Crupi.  Greg has just bought Crupi and is a really cool guy.  As Mad Dog is pretty hard to get ahold of, i'll email Greg and get the lowdown on the K9.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  S&M Mad Dog?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx