gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  S&M Mad Dog?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M Mad Dog?  (Read 1970 times)

gossa

Re: S&M Mad Dog?
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 11:47 PM »
Alex, the reaon why they cahned the name to Mad Dog was Chris was building a solid rep through BMXA as main bike tester so tehy thought that the Mad Dof label would help it sell better but you're right, in hardware terms they were teh same bike.

gossa

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 11:48 PM »
Jesus my spelling goes to shit when I type quick, sorry!

SaMAlex

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Ive been looking at some old pics of Mad Dog frames (yep, its just a brake from the chick and drugs that are usually going on round my house on a sat night!!!). Every one I saw had a brace across the chainstays behind the BB (like most frames). That one on ebay could still be one, just a very early one without the brace.

gossa

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 12:07 AM »
Ive been looking at some old pics of Mad Dog frames (yep, its just a brake from the chick and drugs that are usually going on round my house on a sat night!!!). Every one I saw had a brace across the chainstays behind the BB (like most frames). That one on ebay could still be one, just a very early one without the brace.

I reckon it's legit mate, looks so close to that pic of my old black one as discussed on the pm's. I also remember that black and red were the main colours of those first ones.  I'll email the link to Greg, you email the link to Chris and ask if either of them an identify?

Funny, the first quote I can remember from Mad Dog was he was asked what he was going to do with the money he was making from S&M, he said he wanted to buy some Birkenstocks....Chris was pretty broke back in the day, Robinson sponsored him but he just sold the bike.... Alex do you remeber Paul Green?  What about Salami?  I have the best picture of Paul Green ever.....

Lazarou

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 12:13 AM »
It looks identical to this one although you can't see the brake bridge, it also has some light blue at the top of the seat tube, was this an original colour too?

How would you go about sourcing decals?  :crazy2:

Lazarou

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 12:19 AM »
Heres another but still can't see the bridge very well....

SaMAlex

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 12:22 AM »
It looks identical to this one although you can't see the brake bridge,

I dont think it looks the same. The blue one and the chome one have both got the brace at the BB, the Ebay one doesnt. Also, the Ebay ones downtube connects with the wider part of the headtube, the blue ones downtube is above the wider ring of the headtube. I might even say that the chrome one and blue one look like they have got double dropouts.

Non of this says the red one isnt a mad dog, just that its not the same as those. Ive got 4 early 1" dirtbikes that all have small differences to eachother!

Paul Green? What, whos Dad was in play girl?

Here he is at S&M in 94 (and it looks like Chris got enough money to get his Birkenstocks.

Heres another pic of Paul in 1991, he's in the background on his Blue dirtbike. Thats me looking all buff doing the blunt!

gossa

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 12:24 AM »
It looks identical to this one although you can't see the brake bridge, it also has some light blue at the top of the seat tube, was this an original colour too?

Have you got single or double dropouts on that bad boy?  Yes that is an original colour, who was that mexican looking kid that used to ride ofr S&M late eighties, Brian Hernandez?  He rode that colour.  I have some pictures somwhere of him jumping at the first ever US KOD in Rich Bartletts back yard....

SaMAlex

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2007, 12:26 AM »
loads of early S&M questions can be answered here:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=4286225215

Lazarou

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 12:28 AM »

Have you got single or double dropouts on that bad boy? 

It's not mine! I wish! Alex would put my daughter through college for that!

gossa

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2007, 12:46 AM »
Alex, Paul Green, ABA National, Lemoore, Norcal, 1989?  I love that guy, e-team all the way!!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Alex, Paul Green, ABA National, Lemoore, Norcal, 1989?  I love that guy, e-team all the way!!!

Paul was S&M all the way, but when I saw him last he wasnt really riding at all and then he left S&M ... not sure why, or what he's doing now.

gossa

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2007, 01:13 AM »
Alex, no way dude, I just clicked on that link you listed and found a picture of....ME!!!! That's me in the T-shirt, no way!  We did a bike test and when we got back to Wiz Pubs, they couldn't find a decent picture without me lurking in the background!!!! This was before photoshop so they just printed it and mentioned me in the caption. It was such an inside joke that Jive did a 'zine called flail and put me lurking on the cover too....that's just made my day mate!!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2007, 01:23 AM »
Thats f-ing brill. Doesnt it even say on the link, something like "S&M Fan in the background"?. Thats a strange pic. Chris' hand is way off the grip and just about hanging on the lever. You are looking a little strange back there Clive!

gossa

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2007, 01:28 AM »
Yeah, something like that, just so mad!  That's a spike picture, jeeze, even with all the new fangled camera technology, I hardly ever see pics that good nowadays...

What an era eh?  Best days of our lives and all that......Looking strange how?  Look at those old pics of you you freak!

SaMAlex

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2007, 01:35 AM »
Spike Jones eh?

darkersomeday

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2007, 01:41 AM »
spike jonze rocks :daumenhoch:

coincidences though eh?

i was looking for idea's for my sabbath build the other day and i see's this thing on an old NEC show and who should be there?

gossa

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2007, 01:43 AM »
Yup, don't care if he's some big shot now, i used to go street riding with him and he was wicked on a bike, coupled with the fact that his shots are still an inspiration to me to this day!  Lew and Andy J were cool too, Wiz pubs used to have a house just around the corner from the office and I stayed there for like almost a month with Will and Glyn (the guy with that red mad dog) in about 88, just every day was amazing!  

Alex, this is becoming a habit mate, we need sleep!

gossa

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2007, 01:44 AM »
Never seen that funny as fook, that torker was a dog........

SaMAlex

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2007, 01:47 AM »
augh, that pic of the torker has made me feel sick ... im off to bed!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2007, 08:34 AM »
Alex, the Holmes with PAs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Early-90s-Vintage-S-M-BMX-bike_W0QQitemZ330170039853QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64644QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Still for sale.  I thought it had gone.

Mike, that is a later Holmes cos its a-head. All the parts look like they are period correct, including the first gen PAs. Very nice really. Im guessing as there are 6 days left, he relisted it. that is a high starting price, (although he might well get it)

I thought you might be more interested in it for the cranks than the frame.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  S&M Mad Dog?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx