gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anybody work with Taiwan?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anybody work with Taiwan?  (Read 1324 times)

YGT

Anybody work with Taiwan?
« on: September 28, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Here's my question  ... its kinda long so please bear with me.

For many years I have been designing bikes for other companies and never really bothered with the economical / price structure side ... basically I have purpously remained blissfully ignorant so I can concerntrate on designing.

Well this year I have gone solo and decided to do the hole kit n kaboodle and handle everything.
And while I have a rough idea of prices of generic parts I feel somewhat unconfident when it comes to talking prices with my agent.

I will be making complete bikes again this year and aimed at the middle class market.
doesanyone else work in this area with direct contact with agents in taiwan as it would be nice to be able to compare prices for a generic low budget frame to see if I am in the right ball park.

I have bars allready done, forks also .... but frames I am a little nervouse about as there is a large difference in costs between a chinese and taiwanese made frame.

so if any of you guys out there do make bikes in taiwan or china could you please pm me and maybe I can scratch your back and you can scratch mine.

thanks

Mark

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Anybody work with Taiwan?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Mark

Have a chat with Mike, Dialledbikes on here  :daumenhoch:

Marty

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 03:18 PM »
don't know anything about building them but mostly all MTB frames are mass produced in Tiawan aint they?   :-\

YGT

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 03:30 PM »
don't know anything about building them but mostly all MTB frames are mass produced in Tiawan aint they?   :-\

most bikes are made in the far east.
and yes some great frames can be made in other places but usually you can get things like heattreated or butted tubes allot easier in asia without having to produce 10,000 frames to make it cost effective.

rosscoe

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 07:25 PM »
bunch of the real cheap stuff comes out of bangladesh and is silly money...

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 07:41 PM »
Mike Wong; Dialled bikes is the man to talk to.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Anybody work with Taiwan?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx