gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 02:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My Bike...lives again
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Bike...lives again  (Read 829 times)

blobb

My Bike...lives again
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:28 PM »
Hello there. Feel like I've known you lot for years - anyway finally got it together to post some pictures. Having been through a few bikes in my youth I needed a rider to get about on so I bought this new from a local shop in Portsmouth. Cheap. It's a Haro REVO, probably around 96 ish and nothing to get too excited about but it has served me well over the years and I kept it in good nick. However, the original wheels werent really built to last so when I started looking for some new ones as a replacement I thought sod it lets give it a makeover. Now it has been given a new lease of life and I'm back in the saddle. Great fun. I might be thinking about ditching the frame for something a bit better - any suggestions?

Plus a bonus piccy of my bruv demonstrating the kind of aerial prowess I'm sure we all dream of. Southsea circa 84, check out the potts mod cable before stem bolts had holes in. Nice bike that, redline with lots of trick bits - whatever happens to these bikes?????

Righty ho, lets see if we can get this photobucket thingy working.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: My Bike...lives again
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 09:27 PM »
Nice one.  :daumenhoch:

As for what new frame to go for? have a chat with the lads in the new skool section, they'll point you in the right direction.

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 10:06 PM »
nice and a cool old southsea pic,that brings back some memories :)
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:05 AM »
nice to see the old pic  :)

and the haro looks good too   :daumenhoch:

NS frames; try & ride as many as you can before you buy
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:10 AM »
that haro looks ok....id ride that for a bit longer if i were you...

at least until your skill level feels like its keeping you back.

but then again, we all know that wont happen, i change my bike more often than i change my underpants.
I want to touch ORB

blobb

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 11:26 PM »
Cheers guys. Not really into new school stuff.  :) I started out with a Yellow GT performer around 83/84 (if I wasn't taking the Southsea picture you might have got a look at it..!) No I'm wrong, it all started with a Puch team Murray before then, heavy as **** but the first BMX bikes we could get our hands on. The GT was great but ended up selling it on for peanuts, followed by a Streetbeat which I used every day until it got nicked about five years ago. Remember riding with CC and a very young Carlo Griggs at Soutshea at some point (I'm sure he went on to greater things.......). Also remember them putting the footplant board up and CC carving his initials on the sole of his Vans so he could stamp his name higher up than everybody else. Long time ago now though. The RVO probably gives me mid school association but as I said it was cheap. I only really bought it because it looked like a old school Master...and even though I bought a GT that was what I was really drooling after.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 12:07 AM »
Stick with it then, if there comes a time that you feel you need a change then you've out grown it. To start with though i think you're already onto a winner and have a nice bike to get your teeth into.

blobb

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 12:20 AM »
Thanks - really nice place to chat about the old times here. Might have to start a new collection now though, seeing all the great builds going on makes you realise what can be achieved with a bit of effort. (and I appear to have got away without getting a round in....oh no....).

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 08:32 PM »
welcome to the site mate,you are just down the road from me, im in chandlers ford,have you been to the trails by the park and ride in winchester? they are wild :shocked:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

blobb

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 01:05 AM »
I've been there to dump some rubbish in the new "recycling centre"....don't get me started on that one ..... :rant: wahey - post number 8 and I get to use the rant smiley already, is that a record?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My Bike...lives again

gfxgfx
gfx gfx