gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder Memorial Fund
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pepi Winder Memorial Fund  (Read 11081 times)

j0e

Re: Pepi Winder Memorial Fund
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2007, 12:12 AM »
out of curiosity i just joined this site tonight and was saddened by this news.

i knew pepi through dave young and competitions in carlisle, i remember staying over at maccy's house one time.  i also had the pleasure of winning a high air contest on a space ramp at liverpool, with dave young and pepi winder standing on top of the ramp measuring the height of my airs.

great to watch the footage again and sad to hear the news.

j0e

bmxer4ever

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2007, 12:22 AM »
Only just heard about his death a week or so ago. Sad news indeed. Use to compete with Pepi, always a good laugh,he even put me and my girlfriend up at his house after the '87 Worlds finals in Carlisle.
Gutted to hear we've lost another rider.

Gary Forsyth

lodge

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2008, 11:52 PM »
out of curiosity i just joined this site tonight and was saddened by this news.

i knew pepi through dave young and competitions in carlisle, i remember staying over at maccy's house one time.  i also had the pleasure of winning a high air contest on a space ramp at liverpool, with dave young and pepi winder standing on top of the ramp measuring the height of my airs.

great to watch the footage again and sad to hear the news.

j0e

Hey, Its Macky, Very sad indeed, ive been racking my old brain as to who you are ( Joe Carney? ) i probably shouldn't say this but untill recently i had that whole liverpool comp on video including the high air comp and pepi and dave young's demo but my house got flooded  in jan 2005 and i lost a ton of old skool vids and pics.
Anyway welcome to the site although pretty new myself.

fritz78

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2008, 08:13 PM »
how did pepi die? how old was he? :( :(

ant.y

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Hi to all the people involved in this site. You'll have to bear with me as Im new to this forum thing. I have just logged on as a new member today and I cant beleive the very sad news about the passing of Pepi. I rode bak in the day! they were such great times. I cant get ova some of the names on here. I never reached the heights of some of you guys but I still cant let go of the whole scene...even at thirty-seven. It's at times like this that it makes you realise what a special time it was..My name is Antony Yeomans and I rode out of Derby with the Ashley Wheatley and the Nottingham Guys...Sibbsy, Donovan to mention but a few, even Bestwick bak then. God Bless you Pepi and to all you guys. Antony.

adam01

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2008, 05:01 PM »
great guy RIP  xxxxxxxxx we love you man

adam

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder Memorial Fund

gfxgfx
gfx gfx