gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 05:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder Memorial Fund
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pepi Winder Memorial Fund  (Read 11134 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Re: Pepi Winder Memorial Fund
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2007, 01:48 PM »
Really sad news :(, was watching some of Pepis stuff from 85/86 after hearing the news and to think what the future holds, what a real shame :(

Donation sent, hope it helps in someway

Paul
Vans Style

muttley

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Money sent.

moohan

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Money sent , never new you pepi but rest in peace fella! ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 04:58 PM by moohan »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Trev, with only a day or so to go till times up....any idea of the total amount to date?  i'm so hoping everyone's managed to come together and find the amount needed!

Hat's off to those that have taken it upon themselves to do this and give Pepi what he deserves!  :4_17_5:

fingers crossed Trev!

T Jenkins

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2007, 06:04 PM »
I sent in a $300 donation from the Jenkins family yesterday. I rode with Pepi back in the day, he was a great rider and a great person. I am sorry to hear of this loss to our community.

Rest in peace my friend you will not be forgotten

Terry Jenkins

Trev

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Nice one Terry. Many thanks for your donation.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Money sent :daumenhoch:

AP:CW

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2007, 09:39 PM »
payment sent.

RIP Pepi.

steve1275

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42 PM »
saw jamie at carlos today and made a donation for pepi.

well done to jamie and trev for helping pepi out

top guys :daumenhoch:

steve

Jamie C

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Just to update you all....we now have enough money to pay for all the funeral arrangements.  We should have a funeral date tomorrow but things have been somewhat complicated since there is an inquest ongoing and the DC in charge is on paternity leave.  Piers (who together with his brother Hugh have helped enormously to make this happen) spoke to the Coroner (or someone at their office) today and they hope to confirm when the body will be released tomorrow.  It may be the case that the funeral wont be 'til next week since we thought the inquest was over.....it isn't.  The funeral will hopefully include a service and since Pepi had no family (bar a cousin he'd lost contact with) the vast majority of the church will be available for the many BMXers Pepi befriended over the years.  Obviously we'd like to see a good turnout without overcrowding the church, so we'll try to manage things as well as possible to achieve this.  I hope that somehow Pepi can see what so many people have done for him - he'd be overwhelmed.  I can't thank this board enough since without your help we'd have been well short of of the money needed.

RADHAB

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2007, 11:01 PM »
I'll be there Jamie. Well done for everything you guys have done to acheive this fella.

Steve

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2007, 11:04 PM »
some monies sent

rip pepi.

Trev

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2007, 03:12 PM »

I've just received a very sizeable donation from Andy Ruffell.  What a top bloke.  :daumenhoch:

BLUEMONDAY

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Will send on Fri Trev

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2007, 06:10 PM »

I've just received a very sizeable donation from Andy Ruffell.  What a top bloke.  :daumenhoch:

Nice one Trev  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

teamsano

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2007, 06:14 PM »
a big well done to jamie and anyone else who helped organise this, and also anyone who made a donation of any size. this is what bmx is all about . :4_17_5:

Jamie C

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2007, 10:45 PM »
There are some photos on the http://aversionbmx.blogspot.com/ website including Max Wood's entry into the bar shag contest and various people rocking the Geoff Catlow fishing tunic.

Stevo

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2007, 11:34 PM »
Donation sent via PayPal.

Well done fellas raising the funds for this.

Trev

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2007, 01:47 AM »

I would personally like to thank everyone who has donated so far. 

I've already mentioned Andy Rufell who has made a nice donation.  But special mention has to be made to another one of our Stateside residents.  Ross (tricknuts) has also donated a large amount and deserves special thanks for his outstanding generosity.

Thanks to everyone else who has chipped in too.  You've all done a tremendous job.  You should all be proud of yourselves.  It brings a great sense of togetherness within our "small" community.  I for one am proud be part of a fantastic group of friends.  :daumenhoch:

The Burner King

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Only just read all this, very sad news, Paypal on its way.

RIP Pepi.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2007, 08:27 PM »
if pepi was laid to rest today ,i hope it was a good turn out to a great lad  rip buddy    dan

Trev

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2007, 01:28 AM »
if pepi was laid to rest today ,i hope it was a good turn out to a great lad  rip buddy    dan

thanks Dan.

was a lovely turn out today. was a good mixture of old and new school riders there. the majority there were riders as you all know pepi didn't have any family barring a girlfriend and one cousin.

amongst the mourners were names like Billy Stupple, Dave Young, Mike Canning, Dennis Wingham & Zoid.
Other RAD members included Radhab & Steve 1275.

Big Props to Jamie Cameron & Piers Chapman for making this happen.  On their behalf, I'd like to thank every single one of you that contributed towards making sure that Pepi got the decent send off he deserved.  You've all done us proud.

Pepi Winder....... R.I.P.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2007, 01:34 AM »
trev,  that's perfect mate,  to all the guys who made it,  pepi was looking down at all of yous 8)

For powder coating drop me a pm

welsh denny

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2007, 08:22 PM »
i'll post these up in the video column too. one very rare (only copy) of pepi winders ramp run at cardiff ukbfa national 1986 & also bit of pepi ,campbell and many worldwide riders from tv's jamming with the rad lads 1986. loads more on my youtube of others but this ones for PEPI.

/>
/>
RIP Pepi.

Trev

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2007, 12:31 AM »
i'll post these up in the video column too. one very rare (only copy) of pepi winders ramp run at cardiff ukbfa national 1986 & also bit of pepi ,campbell and many worldwide riders from tv's jamming with the rad lads 1986. loads more on my youtube of others but this ones for PEPI.

/>
/>
RIP Pepi.

Nice one Denny.... You seem to have a great stock of video footage... Keep 'em coming mate.  :daumenhoch:

That second one, jamming with the rad lads, i remember seeing that on TV accidently and recording it.  I watched that so many times but had completely forgotten about it.  I was even sad enough to record that cheesy background music and rode to it once at a UKBFA contest....  :-[

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder Memorial Fund

gfxgfx
gfx gfx