gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 04:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder Memorial Fund
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pepi Winder Memorial Fund  (Read 11132 times)

Trev

Pepi Winder Memorial Fund
« on: September 22, 2007, 03:01 AM »

As most of you are probably aware, Stuart 'Pepi' Winder passed away a few weeks ago.

Jamie Cameron, a very close friend of Pepi, is currently trying to raise money to fund the burial of the said legend.

As things stand, Pepi will be cremated and put in an unmarked shared grave.  However, if £1200 can be raised by the end of next week, then he can be buried in a more dignified manner.

Jamie has organised a light hearted jam at Horsham Skatepark on Sunday 23rd September 2007 to help raise funds.

Alternatively if any of you would like to make a donation of any sort, please PM me ASAP.  Paypal accepted and every single penny raised will go towards his burial fund. Unfortunately we are on a very tight time scale, so prompt action is required.

As the majority of us on this site are 80's riders, I would imagine that Pepi would have been quite an influence on many of us. Please help one of the UK's biggest BMX legends have a decent send off.  It's the least we can do.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Pepi Winder Memorial Fund
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 06:41 AM »
Pmed.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 07:43 AM »
An unmarked grave for Pepi? This is a sad prospect. I don't think this can be allowed to happen. to one of the BMX pioneers in the UK.
I'll be helping out for sure.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Trev

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 10:02 AM »
An unmarked grave for Pepi? This is a sad prospect. I don't think this can be allowed to happen. to one of the BMX pioneers in the UK.
I'll be helping out for sure.

Thanks Ross.  PM'd.  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:02 AM »

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 10:05 AM »
trev stick my tenner in from epic as i didnt go

Trev

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 10:08 AM »
trev stick my tenner in from epic as i didnt go

nice one rhys.  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I've just spoke to Jamie and the money is required by midweek, so it doesn't give us a lot of time to raise funds.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 12:31 PM »
As things stand, Pepi will be cremated and put in an unmarked shared grave.  However, if £1200 can be raised by the end of next week, then he can be buried in a more dignified manner.

this the saddest thing i've red in a good while.

its a pity we never knew a bit earlier about this as i bet it would have been raised easy if a few of us with good parts had put up an ebay auction in his memory  :(.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 12:35 PM »
why not have an auction on here i will put some parts up for it :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 12:37 PM »
that would work if the money went straight to the paypal
dave the bmxing gypo

Trev

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 12:45 PM »
its a pity we never knew a bit earlier about this as i bet it would have been raised easy if a few of us with good parts had put up an ebay auction in his memory  :(.

yeah, it's a real shame about the short notice as i'm sure just us on RAD could have easily raised that sort of money.
but we're not giving up yet. we've still got a few days and it only takes a few minutes to log onto paypal.

Trev

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Here are some video clips of Pepi to remind you of what a legend he was.

BMX Beat 1985 - Freestyle Run - Final
Poole National 1986 - Ramp Run - The first ever Candy Bar
BMX Beat International 1986 - Ramp Run followed by Flatland Run - Final
and more recently.... footage from Circle BMX DVD

The Poole National clip is actually someone's own footage of Pepi's run which is from the other side of the arena to which the UKBFA released video was shot.

Jamie C

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 01:59 PM »

Yeah you can get a grant from Social Services to pay for a better funeral than the standard "porper's funeral" they give to people with no assets or immediate family.  We thought this would work out but I got the forms and it turns out the money is only payable AFTER the funeral.  We also had to wait for Pepi's body to be realeased by the coroner and now that it has we want to bury him ASAP and with some dignity.  I never had to deal with sort of thing before and people usually get leave from work to organise such matters so we're cobbling things together as best as we can.

We'll probably still apply for the grant after the funeral and use that money to pay for a nice headstone.  Unfortunately we can't bury him in Horsham now since that's another 2 grand.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 02:07 PM »
the cost of these things is a joke.
no wonder you never see a poor funeral director.

even a head stone would be something to mark the fella being here on this planet.
no marker at all just aint right.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 05:36 PM »
details for paypal please so can pay
no1stuntmaster on instagram

DJ

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 07:00 PM »
Im going to make it to Horsham with Durty Den Wingham tomorrow for the jam & put our few ££££ into the fund.
I have a NOS Skyway trucker/mesh cap & a pair of NOS Wilkerson Signature ODI grips, boxed with decal, if any of you guys want these then I will have them with me tomorrow & whatever I get for them will go into the fund, ok? More the better....

Jamie C

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 01:27 AM »
Pepi_funeral_fund@tesco.net for Paypal.....or give it to someone coming to the Jam.  Quite a few old dudes!!!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 08:10 AM »
funds sent to you Trev.......come on peeps..this just CAN NOT be allowed to happen to a true legend!  :'(

Trev

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 08:30 AM »
funds sent to you Trev.......come on peeps..this just CAN NOT be allowed to happen to a true legend!  :'(

cheers rob.  :daumenhoch:

urbsy

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Bump

Trev

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 07:11 PM »
Bump

cheers Paul. Money's come through okay.  :daumenhoch:

come on peeps, a relative newbie has chipped in. how about the rest of you?

YGT

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 07:16 PM »
I will make a donation in the morning if thats ok?
since I am using somone elses wifi and cant log onto paypal from this computer ... but promise to go to an internet cafe in the morning and make a deposit.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 07:18 PM »
How is this doing now Trev  ???

Trev

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 07:24 PM »
How is this doing now Trev  ???

we're at the £250 mark from RAD donations with a couple of people promising to donate tomorrow. dan's bike is currently at £280.

i will check with Jamie in a bit and find out how much has been raised so far.  I imagine he'd have well over £500.  I'd say in total, we should be well over a grand by now.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder Memorial Fund

gfxgfx
gfx gfx