gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 06:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  HERSDEN .... A few Thank yous
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HERSDEN .... A few Thank yous  (Read 1746 times)

TK The Mic

HERSDEN .... A few Thank yous
« on: September 17, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Just to give a shout to all those who made this season possible at Hersden, especially yesterday with vast numbers of riders, 103 in all

JUSTIN ESSON (p.a and gate)
TERRY McMAHON (Hersden youth centre)
DEBBIE PULLEN (Finish Line)
SARAH LAVENDER (Finish Line)
STEVE BODEY (Working hard with the broom)
TIBBS CYCLES, PHIL BEER (Sponsorship and raffle prize)
BIKES BIKES BIKES (Raffle prize)
MIKE WONG & DIALLEDBIKES (Raffle prizes)
SIMON LAVENDER , RACHEL, KEV WILIAMSON (PICS)
RATTY, 796,WEBDAWG and all at BADBMX
SAM ORENA & THE KIDS
BEXHILL BMX
ANYONE ELSE I MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN
PLUS ALL THE RIDERS WHO MADE THIS YEAR SO SUCCESSFUL
TK

dialledbikes

Re: HERSDEN .... A few Thank yous
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 08:59 AM »
Great little club you got going on down there Tony.  You and Justin and everyone else who makes it happen should be very proud.

nic968

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:18 AM »
 Massive thanks to all those above..So nice to see the meets at Hersden getting bigger and bigger..All the hard work put in makes for fantastic days down there... :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:21 AM »
When I got told about Hersden and how small it is, I was very unsure, I mean a kids play track, just how good would it be????

Well I can truly say the racing is as good as it gets, bringing the best and worst out in every rider!! Its fast, furious and totally entertaining.

The organisation behind it is as good as it gets, with over 100 riders in attendance yesterday it was still a smooth and succesfull event.

I wont be missing a race there again, well done Jus, TK and Terry.  :daumenhoch:  :4_17_5:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 11:55 AM »
ratty

glad you like hersden
it is a great track and its big on fun as you guys now know
and i think thats all down the people that turn up organise and race there

you'll always leave with a grin  :daumenhoch:

heres to many more races there
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

sonic-1

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Just to give a shout to all those who made this season possible at Hersden, especially yesterday with vast numbers of riders, 103 in all

JUSTIN ESSON (p.a and gate)
TERRY McMAHON (Hersden youth centre)
DEBBIE PULLEN (Finish Line)
SARAH LAVENDER (Finish Line)
STEVE BODEY (Working hard with the broom)
TIBBS CYCLES, PHIL BEER (Sponsorship and raffle prize)
BIKES BIKES BIKES (Raffle prize)
MIKE WONG & DIALLEDBIKES (Raffle prizes)
SIMON LAVENDER , RACHEL, KEV WILIAMSON (PICS)
RATTY, 796,WEBDAWG and all at BADBMX
SAM ORENA & THE KIDS
BEXHILL BMX
ANYONE ELSE I MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN
PLUS ALL THE RIDERS WHO MADE THIS YEAR SO SUCCESSFUL
TK
here here !!!!! a special thanks to tk the mic to  :4_17_5:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Never quite sure how new riders to Hersden will make of it, especially when they're seasoned regulars like Farran Affleck-Straker ftom Brixton who, though young, has bashed bars with the best of them.  Farran and the Orenas made their way from Sarf London to the track by public transport - no mean feat on a Sunday!!  Here's what Farran (Fasy) said on BMX Talk:
"lol. woooow what a great day of racing lol. track was so fun especially the berms lol. the gate was mint and the racing was top. so many moves going on lol. i think i'll go to the oct 13th event seem as how this one was such fun.

Russ hope your not to down after coming 4th lol.
happy days awwwwww.

thanks to justin aswell for picking us up from the station and thanks to hersden for a gr8 days racing. "

Praise indeed from a young gun who's destined for greater things in years to come.  Humps

sonic-1

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 01:35 PM »

Russ hope your not to down after coming 4th lol.
happy days awwwwww.

hell no had a great laugh

TK The Mic

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 09:57 PM »
Don't worry Sonic, I think thats a reference to Russ Parsons..

Thanks everyone for your kind words, really exhausted after yesterday, but if I was to have it over again I wouldn't have changed a single minute, thats what we have been crying out for all year, and now things may really take off.

TK

jazzyje

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 08:46 AM »
just to echo tony's thanks.was truly a special day for us at hersden.with the press being there as well we should get some coverage in the local rag this week.was great to see 3 former folkestone flyers there.found us on the net and came along to see what it was all about and let there kids have a go.steve pile,rob warner and neil grant.neil was a heavy hitter in his age group but most of you would know him as "mr magoo".he'd would destroy it if he ever got back on a bike but lets hope he does.
    had a frew probs with the shear amount of riders on sunday but its a problem we would gladly deal with everytime.had to run gates in the breaks just to keep the track safe.props go out to terry and tony as the amount of number crunching they had to do was awesome.
   but most of all,thanks to you guys for supporting our series,bringing your kids and making it the fun series it is and continues to be.to get 103 riders after some meetings struggling to get 45 is testament to tony's hard work in getting the flyers out,banging on about our series when were at regionals and constant reminders on rad and talk.also pics by simon lavender and others must have helped as your casual observer can see what were all about.see you all again on sat 13th of october or next year.justin.

KGB Matt

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 05:32 PM »
Would like to Apologise first for not being there but Brugge with the wife was a little more appealing than chasing nutters on kids bikes.  :2funny:

Many thanks to Justin tony and Terry for all the hard work they have put in this year its allways ace at Hersden.

Chloe' said thank you for her attendance award ........... HUGE smiles form her, and huuuuuuuuuuuge  smiles from me as i got one too .  :4_17_5:

Many thanks again and ill see you all on Oct 13th.

Matt

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Matt I missed you loads.  It was a lonely X final which could have included you m8.  You could have been there on the gate with the legendary Billy Stupple and the leg-end me!!   :D But no, you were swanning round Brugge doing the familyman bit and keeping the little lady happy.  Humps

wolfybmx

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 07:56 PM »
IF IT WAS NOT FOR GETTING OVER TO HERSDEN BACK IN 2005 WHERE WOULD I BE NOW. PROBABLY WATCHING SECOND CHANCE SUNDAY ON CHANNEL 4 AND BEING BORING..................... ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  HERSDEN .... A few Thank yous

gfxgfx
gfx gfx