gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 04:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cranks  (Read 630 times)

ducati ste

Cranks
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:17 PM »
Going to be needing a crank for the build.
I understand what a 1 piece and 3 piece means but unsure about what a flight crank is.

Would someone please explain.

darkersomeday

Re: Cranks
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 11:23 PM »
the "flight " is just a tradename dude,

like the "dx" from shimano :daumenhoch:

redline flights are just 3pc cranks,

hope that makes sense :LolLolLolLol:

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:31 PM »
go for it mate, everone on here will help you, just ask , nice one, cheers fog. :daumenhoch:

ducati ste

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 11:34 PM »
Bear with me

I feel a bit of a  :idiot2:

Thanks for clearing that up.

gossa

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:53 PM »
So what Ducati have you got there fella, an ST?  i just chopped in my 1098s for a Hypermotard, stupid, foolish fun!

ducati ste

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Hi Gossa
 I thought it might be you from the ducatisti forum. I'm ste996 on there and mello-yellow on the dsc. 1098 and 996 mate.

You getting on ok with the hyper then.

It was Pedros post on the dsc that started all this off again, now i've gone and ordered a new framset things are getting out of control  :LolLolLolLol:

gossa

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Yeah, had ducati's since 95 but BMX's since 80.

The Hyper is unreal, I found the 1098 was awesome but the roads/filth just can cope with what it can do so I thought i'd chop it in before I got nicked or killed.  I can go down a twisty road quicker on the hyper but it's a bit of a chore on a straight bit of road. I think the 1098 would be amazing for a week around Europe though, went to Switzerland last year on my 999s and that was so good.

So what BMX you getting?

ducati ste

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 11:12 AM »
The 1098 is just mental. i know exactly what you mean about the performance and the roads in europe just amazing. Rode to Barcelona last year on a 916 over the pyrenees. Absolutley amazing roads. Went through Switzerland on the way to Monza in 04
very nice part of the world.

I'm going to be building up a streetbeat mk11 to start with and will be looking for another one for the lad to use. Was wondering if i should i use the bike as it was built to be used or leave it for show and shine. i know it's upto me at the end of day and my preference is to use it. Can always get another one for show and shine  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx