gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 07:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A SAD LOSS from the BMX Family
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A SAD LOSS from the BMX Family  (Read 2848 times)

se

Re: A SAD LOSS from the BMX Family
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Very sad news. Condolences and R.I.P.  :(

se bikes

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 07:22 PM »
I never got the opportunity to meet Dave but it's abundantly clear from the messages before mine and the stories recounted to me by friends that he was a much loved  man, a truly devoted father and an inspiration to many.

I dont ever think at a time like this that words can heal the pain that his family are feeling but they should take these messages and in time read them back and just remember an extremely well respected man as someone that they had the once in a lifetime opportunity to call Dad.

RIP Dave

nishiki14

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Cant beleive the news, I first met Dave back in '81, i've lost count of how many rows Dave and my Mum had over the years sticking up for me, my brother, Ratty and the rest of our crew, he was the ref and my mum didn't always agree with him but she always respects someone that stands up to her and he did just that.
I met Dave again at Daggers this year for the first time in over 20 years and again at Hayes where Chris joined us in the OS and it was really good to see them all which made the phone call to Ratty even more unreal when he told me the news this morning.
My heart goes out to Chris and all of the Young Family, A true BMX Legend has passed away.
The Wonfor family passes on their respects.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 04:44 AM »
More sad news. My thoughts go out to the Young family.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 07:10 PM »
Like Billstup, I have fond memories of Dave Young.  I met Chris at Rom god knows when, and we hit it off pretty much right away. We rode together a great deal, and I did many many demos with him as part of Daves Skyway Skyliners team.  Dave and his wife were always super hospitable, feeding us until we burst, generally spoiling us.  I took a lot of good advice from Dave, as much about life as BMX  ( I was pretty troubled back then) and was then, and will always be, very grateful to him fror making me feel for the first time in my life, part of something.

R.I.P.   Dave   :Great_Britain:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Keith Wilson sent me this tex message

A sad Loss. Dave was a lovely bloke. One of the best. Did a lot for BMX back in the day, Hope Chris and Andy are ok? They were close to their dad.
Send my condolences please.

Keith Wilson
A long time ago, in a land far away!

gossa

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Just joined the site and seen this thread, very sad.

I lived close to these guys in the early days, riding the half pipe in the Youngs garden, stomping the sewage farm and betts park with Chris and Andy and also the Llewelyns and the Wallace brothers who all lived just around the corner.  I raced sidehacks with Andy Young at Earls Ct Bike '82 (I was the little kid in the hack while Andy pedalled)!  I used to look up to Chris, he took me to Stockwell skatepark with Dave Thomas in about '82 and it just blew me away.  dave was just such a fantastic guy,  he was totally committed to BMX and his family, a real inspiration.  My Condolences to the Youngs.

Clive Gosling

se bikes

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2007, 10:51 PM »
Clive,

We're havin a memorial race at BAD ( Barking & Dagenham) on 28.10.2007.
The Young family are trying to get 8 of their family to race. There is an Old school gate as well as all other classes, inc. litle kids.

It would be great to see you :-*

retrogeezer

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 11:43 PM »
RIP Dave....and my condolences to the Young family.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 01:18 PM »
a sad loss . i take it this clip ive found on u tube is chris . daves son . some memories .

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 01:49 PM »
i take it this clip ive found on u tube is chris . daves son
It is indeed Dave's son and he's been out a couple of times with the Old School Series riders at Hayes and Dagenham.  Still just as crazy on a bike!!  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 03:34 PM »
i take it this clip ive found on u tube is chris . daves son
It is indeed Dave's son and he's been out a couple of times with the Old School Series riders at Hayes and Dagenham.  Still just as crazy on a bike!!  Humps
G
He will be at Dagenham next month as well, and will be racing, hope its a great day :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A SAD LOSS from the BMX Family

gfxgfx
gfx gfx